New Band Announcement

Well, it is here in the States.

I think it is a smart move to expand the roster to remain afloat.

My point was simply that prior to viking metal being more mainstream in the States, such a band would not have even been considered for the fest.

Let's be honest here.

Ok - I have said enough. As Glen said, this thread is to be about Turisas. They are a good band, and no doubt will bring it live.

Actually, I think the broadening of the roster has been a good thing overall for the festival, personally. If it was just Power/Prog metal, I probably would have stopped going eventually. But, now opening things up to bands like Freak Kitchen, Volbeat (before they backed out), Mustasch, DSO and now Tyr and Turisas, I think it breathes life into this festival where otherwise it could get really stale. At the same time, it encourages an audience that perhaps wouldn't have gone to the festival to go and discover new bands.

Woo! Growls! I thought it was going to be growless for the most part this year. And apparently I'll have to bring more than my plastic sword this year. I'll probably have to buy a hammer and an axe too...

There will be a couple of growls starting as early as Wednesday night with Seven Kingdoms. Have your swords, hammers, and axes ready at that time too! :heh:

Here is my problem:

1) I don't like bands that have a "theme" and only write about that one theme. I think it's silly.

Sabaton's fans would say otherwise. Even Symphony X's fans would say otherwise with all their Greek mythology themes. Even Blind Guardian's fans would say otherwise with all their Tolkien themes. And their performances at ProgPower have more than anchored their reputations at the festival.

Silly is as silly does.

Nope. Only real viking swords, made out of iron.

Don't tempt me.... just saw TYR and I felt ASHAMED having left my chain maile and axes and spear at home....

I think Glenn will have to sign a security guard waiver to just allow me inside this year!

vikingsmiley73.gif

Maybe I can con him into letting me build a viking longship for the stage.....

No quotes, just a Very appreciative fan saying Thank You Glenn!
I just saw TYR on Thursday play to a crowd of maybe 150!?:headbang: They still brought it....!!!:kickass:
Turisas; OMG I am soooo stoked, saw them at Pagenfest and have been waiting patiently for their epic return!:hotjump:
now I need to figure out if it is worth the extra day for the kickoff, having never been a fan of Accept......:err::err: