Post 10 bands who you hope to see at future ProgPowers.

Bodom
Kalmah
Dark Tranquillity
Symphony X (without sound issues)
Arch Enemy
Liquid Tension
Kotipello
RAGE
ADAGIO - OMG THAT WOULD RULE!
ADAGIO
ADAGIO
Vintersorg - this guy r0x0rs meh b0x0rs
Derek Sherinian
Bumblefoot - Ron Thal - needs to play in the US
Ayreon - I can wish... can't i?

Daybreaker said:
I have a few vids of Sonata live, San Sebastian and Weballergy. They're pretty cool live, not Edguy cool but they dont just stand there looking bored, they get into it and move around and headbang. If you thought Nightwish were good as live performers then you'll prolly feel the same way about Sonata.

You need to check out the video of Tony and Nightwish performing Beauty and the Beast...awesome!

Pellaz said:
And quite a few other eeeeeeeevil t-shirts. This might come as a shock to some, but there are extreme-metal fans out there with open minds. Whether the converse is true is left as an exercise for the reader.

When I came to PP3 one of the nights wearing my Kreator/Destruction "Hell comes to your town" tour shirt (two of my absolute favorites - hell of a show), i figured i'd definitely be the only one, but I think I saw 4 other people wearing them that same night. go figure. No comment on the open-mindedness of most die-hard power and *especially* prog metal fans... oh, oops. that sounded like a comment...

Ryan (Cryptopsy for PP5!!!)

Pellaz said:
This might come as a shock to some, but there are extreme-metal fans out there with open minds. Whether the converse is true is left as an exercise for the reader.
Well, maybe it's just the ones that I have met then. Everyone I can think of at the moment that I have met (online or offline) who considers some type of extreme metal to be their favorite type of metal laughs at power metal and in many cases doesn't even acknowledge the existence of prog metal. I, on the other hand, like prog metal the best but still occassionally listen to extreme metal (although less than I used to).

Pellaz said:
Okay, NOW you're getting silly. :headbang:
oh, but why not? Flo Mounier's drumming is to die for, they have razor-sharp precision and amazing writing ability, they just got back their original vocalist who's arguably the best in his field...

so what if they sound like 17 grizzly bears fighting to the death inside a gigantic blender that's set on "puree"? ;)

Ryan (though, on a slightly more serious note from the more extreme side of things, an Arcturus or Hollenthon set would be awesome)

Se7enChurches said:
oh, but why not? Flo Mounier's drumming is to die for, they have razor-sharp precision and amazing writing ability, they just got back their original vocalist who's arguably the best in his field...

so what if they sound like 17 grizzly bears fighting to the death inside a gigantic blender that's set on "puree"? ;)
hahahahahaha :tickled: And true on all counts. THAT was a great show.

Se7enChurches said:
Ryan (though, on a slightly more serious note from the more extreme side of things, an Arcturus or Hollenthon set would be awesome)
...or Children of Bodom*, or Opeth (if they weren't touring the States already), or Into Eternity, or any of several other bands who push the boundaries of prog/extreme metal. --Much like the well-received Mercenary, last year.

-----
* now that CoB's tour with Iced Earth has apparently fallen apart....

Pellaz said:
...or Children of Bodom*, or Opeth (if they weren't touring the States already), or Into Eternity, or any of several other bands who push the boundaries of prog/extreme metal. --Much like the well-received Mercenary, last year.

CoB and Opeth have both been through here recently, so i'm not as urgent on them. But i would LOVE to see Into Eternity. I like them better than CoB and Opeth by a long shot anyhow.

Ryan

1. RHAPSODY (The only band I must see the rest in no particullar order)
Labyrinth
Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Nightwish
Falconer
Sinergy
Kamelot
Gamma Ray
Demons & Wizzards

and how about for a melodic DM spot
Amon Amarth

Manticora