Post 10 bands who you hope to see at future ProgPowers.

Se7enChurches said:
yeah, my opinion was that Lilitu stole that whole show (Lilitu, Yakuza, Lacuna Coil, Opeth) and ran all the way the bank with it. I honestly thought they destroyed all 3 of the national acts (Yakuza, Lacuna Coil, and the mighty Opeth).

go ahead and let them know: <a href="http://www.lilitu.ws">www.lilitu.ws</a>.

~lara

mgirishfan said:
Mr. Toast - you rule!!! Thanks for the compiliation!!!! One quesiton though -- does Enchant have 12 or 10? They are on the 'Other Big Favorites' list (and they are surely a big favorite of mine! :) )

Thanks a million, dude! :)

They have 12 by my last count. I'm editing the last update now...

Thanks for pointing that out. You can see there are a huge number of suggestions at this point, which just proves that Metal is not a dying breed!!!

OK judging by the latest poll and if Glenn decided to read this and get the bands :) here are the top 10 for next season :

1. Sonata Arctica - 31 A good band that I wouldn't mind seeing but I would prefer someone else.
2. Stratovarius - 30 Yes, I would love to see Strato, voted for them as well but not sure if they are "affordable"
3. Rhapsody - 27 - Obviously many of you like them, personally I think they are boring...also see Strato quote they might be expensive.
4. Helloween - 24.5 - I am going to see them next week as they are playing the states...good band but I wouldn't put them on the bill since they seem to be doing OK with the US tour.
5. Iced Earth - 22 - Hit or miss with me although be very interesting to see Ripper live!
6. Kamelot - 17 Khan is one of my current favorite vocalist...I would love to see them or the Conception reunion.
7. Savatage - 17 After the awesome Circle II Circle performance this year why the hell not! :)
8. Adagio - 16 YES! This is the most anticipated band I want to see (besides Stephan was so cool to thank me and my friends on the latest album "Underworld"...so you bet your damn ass I will do everything to get them out here!) I think they have the right mix of talent to pull off one of the best shows Progpower would ever see!
9. Masterplan - 16 I voted for a Lande show of some kind so this would work nicely! :)
10. Edguy - 14 - Never seen them and they are also hit or miss with me...mostly a hit because I love Tobias and his vocals.

Barely missing the cut but deserve to be on the bill:

Pain Of Salvation - 14 - I voted for this band, I think they are do-able and judging from what I read about their live performance they can kick some Royal Ass!!!

Shit here we are just three some odd weeks after Progpower and we can't wait for the next one...metal is alive and kicking and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

Keep the faith! \m/ \m/

-Tony

^^^ About Helloween on their US tour now. I dont even really count this as a tour cos its such a bullshit one. SIX dates to cover the US and 2 in Canada. WOW. The closest they come to me in TEXAS a BIG ASS STATE is Tempere Arizona like 15 hours away. If they played at PP V theyd be playing to the biggest concentration of fans in the US and that way many many more people could see em instead of me saying , "What the hell let me skip class and plop down a whole lotta money to drive 15 hours to see em play one night." BTW Adagio would kill. I NEED Underworld.

Ben

I would like to see some prog rock bands play as well. Some examples are:
King Crimson
Camel
Jethro Tull
Ozric Tentacles
Marillion

It would also be cool to see tribute bands playing the music of these bands that no longer exist:
Gentle Giant
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Frank Zappa

or these ones that are too big for a smaller venue:
Rush
Yes

Daybreaker said:
Believe me when I say that in the upcoming months you will all know about Pyramaze. They are a bad ass Power Metal band with balls from Denmark with the exception of Jonah Weingarten on keys from the US. Oh I forgot to mention one small little tiny thing their singer is... LANCE FUCKING KING!!! Goto www.intromental.com to download an mp3 from their forthcoming debut "Melancholy Beast"

Ben
THANKS BEN! Sleepy Hollow is a killer track!!! I love Lance King's vocals - and the rest of these guys are just as great! Can't wait for this disc to hit the streets!

THANKS AGAIN!!! Listen up everybody, these guys rock!!

:hotjump: :hotjump: These guys are good. Their sound has yet to be established because they sound like Iced Earth although Sleepy Hallow is a good song and I can't wait for their full release... Good Job Lance!!! :hotjump:

Blind Guardian again
Kamelot again
Iced Earth - if BG are there too, maybe some D/W stuff for an encore?
Rage - because they were the BEST this year
Sonata Arctica or Stratovarius
Manowar :p
Hammerfall or Rhapsody
Nightwish, or Lacuna Coil would suffice if they couldn't make it.
Symphony X if they don't play so loud
I'd like Therion if they brought along the choir - no recordings. The crowd hasn't really been into the Therion concerts I've seen. Maybe PP is different?

Okay, to those of you who were bored with Opeth in Atlanta, what the Fuck? They were great. Lillitu did do a good job, but they were not as professional as they could have been. I also saw Opeth several days later in Winston-Salem and they were awesome there too. Bored with Opeth? Totally confused there.

Of course, Opeth will not be there for PPV. My understanding is there are no Opeth plans for 2004. The guys are going to do other things.

If you would like to see Yngwie play, just relive all your memories of every guitar solo for all the last 10 - 20 shows you have seen and that is an Yngwie show. It gets boring as shit after awhile.

97reb said:
If you would like to see Yngwie play, just relive all your memories of every guitar solo for all the last 10 - 20 shows you have seen and that is an Yngwie show. It gets boring as shit after awhile.

Well he like Qpeth, what can I say X_X......

Petethedrummer said:
I know Glenn said he already has his bands in mind for next year, lets just hope that Sonata Arctica is one of them...I MEAN LOOK AT THAT DEMAND
Hi Pete - From the buzz that is what I hear - that Sonata Arctica is on the short list!....Let's hope that is true and that it works out...I would love to see them too!

I've heard a couple things about them not being as inspired or as entergetic live....I've never even seen a video of them so I have no clue myself....but I'm curious - does Tony handle any keys or only vocals?

Thanks! :)

97reb said:
Okay, to those of you who were bored with Opeth in Atlanta, what the Fuck? They were great. Lillitu did do a good job, but they were not as professional as they could have been. I also saw Opeth several days later in Winston-Salem and they were awesome there too. Bored with Opeth? Totally confused there.

It's a matter of personal opinion. I'm not a huge Opeth fan and I was mainly there to give them a final chance to win me over by actually seeing them live. They don't have all that much energy onstage, they just play their stuff really well. I get bored watching a band walk through song after song of 15 to 30 minute long meanderings that only have occasional flashes of excitement to a live setting. It's just my personal opinion. I really don't think Opeth are that exciting and i'm as confused about their widespread popularity and raving fan base as you are that i wasn't blown away by them live. Like I said, all a matter of personal taste.

or, to put it differently, let me list the type of bands that HAVE blown me away live: Kreator, Strapping Young Lad, Destruction, Rage, Angel Dust, Edguy, Gamma Ray, Death, Cephalic Carnage, Cryptopsy, Slayer, Savatage, Iron Maiden...

...i guess Savatage could be viewed as an oddball on that list, but they have so much more energy live than you would expect from a lot of their cds that it isn't even funny.

at any rate, Opeth has an EXTREMELY different aesthetic than these bands, and it just doesn't do it for me as much. They flat out aren't as exciting to watch.

Ryan

I have a few vids of Sonata live, San Sebastian and Weballergy. They're pretty cool live, not Edguy cool but they dont just stand there looking bored, they get into it and move around and headbang. If you thought Nightwish were good as live performers then you'll prolly feel the same way about Sonata. I really cant see how they wouldn't be at PP V. It would be a fucking travesty. Oh I forgot the new keyboardist uses a "key-tar" so that takes some getting used too. I think they are cheesey as hell. the fourstack of Korgs works better for me.

Ben

97reb said:

i agreed with Se7en here. they play well, there's no questioning their musical abilities and creativity. their songs were long, drawn out, and low energy. couple that with 2 bands, previous, that had high energy, it creates a 'wanna go to sleep' feeling for me. the fact that i left after they said they had 3 more songs to go and then finding that it took them 30 min+ for those three songs, it would have been a doozy to try and stand through that.

Opeth in Winston-Salem? You're kidding. NOBODY plays in Winston-Salem, let alone a major metal band like that. What pig grew wings and launched itself into the sky for Opeth to play there?

(I lived there for two years. I do mean NOBODY good played there in the entire time I was there.)

AcesHigh said:
hey, an american that knows TUATHA DE DANANN!!! Congratulations! How did you discovered them?
I actually found about about them through this messageboard. I then read some reviews of their stuff and bought their albums. They're very good and it would be cool to see them at a future ProgPower festival.