Post 10 bands who you hope to see at future ProgPowers.

Se7enChurches said:
Lost Horizon (get your guitarist back, dammit)
Savatage
Virgin Steele
Primal Fear
Into Eternity
Voivod
Helloween
Seven Witches
Gordian Knot
and get Anacrusis the hell back together to play this thing

doh... i forgot to include Star One and Iron Savior, so i suppose two of those should get bumped. you pick, i can't decide.

Se7enChurches said:
and the all star, "Best of Atlanta Progpower in Ryan's opinion" festival of bands from the past 3 years (especially Angel Dust, my god...):

(note that I chose two bands that had played each slot)

Openers: Pagan's Mind, Zero Hour
Second Bands: Mercenary, Secret Sphere
Third Bands: Edguy, Angel Dust
Fourth Bands: Gamma Ray, Nightwish
Fifth Bands: Rage, Symphony X

and again I screwed up, this time by forgetting just how good Threshold was, so Secret Sphere easily gets tossed in their favor.

oh, and Petethedrummer, it was I that suggested Seven Witches (among other votes for them), and though i can't back it up with having seen them live (hence wanting to see them), hearing that a Symphony X crowd gave them a lukewarm reception hardly makes me think they would suck live. Symphony X is a technical prog band, and hence a thrashy power metal band would probably get less of a reaction from their fans, regardless of how good a performance they gave. plus, I have made it my personal mission to see James Rivera live sometime before one of us dies, and i'm not going to let your opinion stand in my way. RRROOOAAARRR!!!

Ryan

Se7enChurches said:
oh, and Petethedrummer, it was I that suggested Seven Witches (among other votes for them), and though i can't back it up with having seen them live (hence wanting to see them), hearing that a Symphony X crowd gave them a lukewarm reception hardly makes me think they would suck live. Symphony X is a technical prog band, and hence a thrashy power metal band would probably get less of a reaction from their fans, regardless of how good a performance they gave. plus, I have made it my personal mission to see James Rivera live sometime before one of us dies, and i'm not going to let your opinion stand in my way. RRROOOAAARRR!!!

Ryan

ROOOOOOOAAAR

I dont know, i just really disliked the singer's voice...it could be much better in studio, im really not sure, but live it was about equal to crap. I mean he was pretty much on key the whole time, but when he goes into his upper register he has one of those annoying piercing voices that make me want to rip my ears off.

Pixelherder said:
Some of these have already performed, but they're so awesome I had to include them again...

Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Dark Tranquillity
Masterplan
Helloween
Pain of Salvation
Adagio
Lost Horizon
Hammerfall
Shadow Gallery

Not a bad list especially Adagio and POS those are two bands that I want to see real bad! As for Shadow Gallery, I mentioned this to Glenn once during a Seismic Radio chat session we had and he told me (and everyone else) that Shadow Gallery does not play live, so that is that...now if they change their minds and decide to do a live gig...that would be cool...I just hope they would be able to pull it off live as they do in the studio.

You guys have some really good band ideas. I would really go for seeing any of these following bands at a prog power (not necessarily the same year, just in general)

Liquid Tension Experiment
Gordian Knot
Aghora
Helloween
Sonata Actica
Enchant
Royal Hunt
Demons & Wizards
Stratovarius
Running Wild

Other good ones:
Lost Horizon
Grave Digger
Labyrinth
Pain of Salvation again

:hotjump: I for one appreciate, just like all of you I'm sure, that any band that plays Prog Power will always be worth the trip,Los Angeles California, and time- Thanks Glen!!!
Top Ten1). Savatage- Truly deserve the headline slot
2). Adagio- Really want to see this guitar phenom.3). DGM- These guys rock!
4). Sonata Artica- Need I say more!5). Labryinth6). Rhapsody
7). Royal Hunt- Andre Anderson will surely rock!
8). Concerto Moon-Awesome guitarist!9). Iced Earth
10). My master and my musical father- Uli Jon Roth!!!
Pre Party
1). Vendetta - Los Angeles California
2). Moving Pictures - Tribute To Rush - Los Angeles California
3). Dream Evil - Finland

Petethedrummer said:
ROOOOOOOAAAR

yeah, i mainly threw that in as extra emphasis for my voivod vote.

Petethedrummer said:
I dont know, i just really disliked the singer's voice...it could be much better in studio, im really not sure, but live it was about equal to crap. I mean he was pretty much on key the whole time, but when he goes into his upper register he has one of those annoying piercing voices that make me want to rip my ears off.

they just recently switched vocalists, but you saw them recently enough that i guess it probably was James Rivera at your show. I've never seen the man live, so i don't know how he is. I could see him being fairly piercing, i suppose. I'm just an enormous Helstar fan and would like to see him at some point. I heard Helstar did a reunion a while ago; that might be good for Progpower too, if they're still kicking around somewhere.

oh, and yngwieuli: unless you're talking about a different scandinavian Dream Evil (who i thought were Swedish), that band is WAY too big to play the pre-party. they've got two albums out on Century Media.

Ryan

HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY
HEAVENLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're really amazing and they have a new album coming up. For those who don't know, they've toured Europe with Stratovarius and with Edguy, so that might be an indication

ok...for the preshow
persephones dream
twelfth gate
**friday**
enchant
ascension theory
edenbridge
human fortress
brainstorm
**saturday**
cornerstone
mystic prophecy
tad morose
vanishing point
masterplan or jorn solo :)

Pixelherder said:
Some of these have already performed, but they're so awesome I had to include them again...

Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Dark Tranquillity
Masterplan
Helloween
Pain of Salvation
Adagio
Lost Horizon
Hammerfall
Shadow Gallery
Pixel....I agree with some of your choices....and while I too would LOVE to see Shadow Gallery play PP (hell, I'd love to see SG play ANYWHERE) if they did, Glenn might have to move the whole shebang to maybe Turner Field or something - there are probably that many people who would come out for THAT show....ahhh, well, I'll keep dreaming!

~Mare

Helloween
Masteplan
Fates Warning
Power Of Omens
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Hammerfall
Stratovarius
Artension
Ring Of Fire
(a Vitalij double-shot)