Post 10 bands who you hope to see at future ProgPowers.

I wish ProgPower would last four days and we could see 20 bands! lol
Ten bands I would love to see and which have not been at a ProgPower:
Grave Digger
Brainstorm
Masterplan
Adagio
CHildren of Bodom
Sentenced
Nocturnal Rites
Dark Moor (with Elisa as singer)
Lost Horizon
Stratovarius

There are many other bands I would have put on this list, but I have already seen them live...I always love to see new bands!!!

Pain of Salvation
Sinergy
Ark
Rhapsody
Ayreon (wishful thinking, all those guests would make them expensive)
Edguy
Angra
Metalium
Zero Hour
Fates Warning

Children of Bodom
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Edguy
Rhapsody
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Blind Guardian
Opeth

I could really go on forever

I'm going to leave out bands that have already appeared at Progpower...

Star One
Sonata Arctica
Conception (reunited - good call on whoever mentioned this earlier!)
Rhapsody
Masterplan (although I would prefer to see Jorn in Ark)
Virgin Steele
Stratovarius
Mystic Force
Elegy
Lost Horizon

Can't remember if I posted but here goes:

1. Adagio (get this band!!!! I noticed it's on quite of fe of the wish lists)
2. Freak Kitchen
3. Porcupine Tree (great band..glad I saw them with Opeth)
4. Marillion (seen them millions of times but I can see them again, with Fish would be best)
5. Enchant
6. Dead Soul Tribe (or a Psychotic Waltz reunion)
7. Stratovarius
8. Amaran (great stuff)
9. Anekdoten (might trip out a few of the power metal crowd but these guys(and gal) are talented
10. The Gathering (awesome awesome!!!)

Honorable Mention: Green Carnation

Cheers!!!

warmwetos said:
Can't remember if I posted but here goes:
9. Anekdoten (might trip out a few of the power metal crowd but these guys(and gal) are talented
10. The Gathering (awesome awesome!!!)

Awesome choices right there! Anekdoten is one of my favorite bands EVER! I've been a fan since 99... I am happy they are finally getting some recognition!

Just for kicks - the tally so far (by my count):
Stratovarius - 18
Rhapsody - 15
Sonata Arctica - 14
Helloween - 13
Iced Earth - 10
Pain Of Salvation - 10
Edguy - 9
Masterplan - 9
Adagio - 8
Savatage - 7
Shaman - 7
Labyrinth - 6.5
Andromeda - 6
Enchant - 6
Running Wild - 6
Spiral Architect - 6
Kamelot - 6
Angra - 5
Children Of Bodom - 5
Conception - 5
Fates Warning - 5

4 votes:
Grave Digger, Lost Horizon, Nocturnal Rites, Opeth, Power Of Omens,

3-3.5 votes:
Amaran, Ark (4 if Arc is the same band), Blind Guardian, Borknagar, Dead Soul Tribe, Elegy, Evergrey, Falconer, Gamma Ray, Green Carnation, Hammerfall (3.5), Royal Hunt, Virgin Steele, Watchtower, Zero Hour

2- 2.5 votes:
Agent Steel, Anecdoten, Ayreon, Brainstorm, Cage, Cynic, Devin Townsend, Dream Evil (2.5), Gordian Knot, Heavenly, Into Eternity, Jag Panzer, John Arch, Lacuna Coil, Metallium, Mystic Force, Nightwish, Novembre, Porcupine Tree, Primal Fear, Soilwork, Spock's Beard, Star One, Stormwitch, Strapping Young Lad, Tad Morose, Tierra Santa, The Gathering, The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Threshold, Tuatha de Denann, Wolverine

1-1.5 votes:
Amorphis, Apocalyptica, Arc(?), Aria, Athiest, Ballurio, Bal-Sagoth, Battlelore, Brave, Carcass, Cathedral, Chastain, Control Denied, DGM, dimention, DrgaonForce, Dragonland, Dragonspoon, Dreamscape, Dream Theater, Edenbridge, Eldritch, elvenking, Engine, Exciter, Force of Evil, Freak Kitchen, Freedom Call, Galloglass, Greayhaven, Gun Barrel, Hades, Hammers of Misfortune, heimdall, Hourglass (2 mentions also), Human Fortress, In Flames, Kalmah, Katatonia, Kayo Dot, King Crimson, Lullacry, Madder Mortem, MadSword, Manowar, Manticora, Marillion, Maximum Indifference, Mind's Eye, Miss Mercuria, Onward, OSI, Pain, Paragon, Pathos, Pendragon, Prototype, Queensryche, Quidam, Rawhead Rexx, Saber Tiger, Saxon, Section A, Sentanced, Seventh One, Shadow, Siges Even, Sinergy, Skyfire, Skylark, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Steel Attack, Steel Prophet, Stonehenge, Thy Majestie, Thought Industry, Tomorrow's Eve, Vintersong, Vision Divine (1.5), Voivod, Wuthering Heights, Wolf

Note: the half (.5) votes were due to someone splitting their vote between similar projects...
Also note that one person who voted mentioned Sean Malone's various projects - I chose the first one on his list.
Additional entries by the same person were for the most part ignored for the purposes of this tally...

Wow, that's interesting looking at that breakdown you did of all the votes, Mr. Toast. There's some funny stuff there (Dream Theater, Queensryche) and some interesting suggestions. I think I was the first one to suggest Conception (before it was annouced they were back together) and I'm glad to see others (well, a few, anyway) want to see this also.

Some of these are not likely to happen because of cost (Stratovarius, Rhapsody) or because they tour (Iced Earth, Savatage, Opeth), but there certainly is a variety there to put together quite the cool lineup for PP5. Not that the previous lineups have sucked or anything, of course...

dt

I'll just pick 10 bands that I've never seen (most of who don't seem to know where Dallas is):
Demons & Wizards
bruce dickinson solo (someday this must happen,dammit)
edguy
savatage
stratovarius
running wild
hammerfall
sentenced
Therion (It'd at least be interesting)
Helloween or Gamma Ray (as long as Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt II is featured prominently)

Uli Jon Roth
Therion
Conception
Bruce Dickinson solo (with Adrian Smith and Roy Z...I don't want to see a scab band)
Demons & Wizards
Celtic Frost
Angel Dust reunion!
Diamond Head
Star One or Avantasia (or both...just get Arjen and Tobias together and let them do songs from both bands)
TNT
Crimson Glory

Whoops...I guess that's actually 11 bands

dragonbone said:
Marillion
Stratovarius
Enchant
Pain Of Salvation
Spock's Beard
Ayreon/Star One
Kamelot
Rhapsody
Lana Lane
Adagio

I noticed you have Lana Lane in the list; if you're an Erik Norlander fan, you might be able to get Kelly Keeling to perform something from Erik's "Music Machine" CD, when he appears at Borders Books & Music on Saturday the 6th. I saw Kelly at the Hard Rock here in Atlanta back in July, and he opened with "Beware the Vampires"!!!

After seeing the list of Alexofbodom, I had to change a few… JNevermoreSentencedHelloweenZero HourIced EarthAgent SteelCarcass (that is one I would not have thought of for PP but I am all over it!!!)Spiral ArchitectThor’s HammerInto Eternity