PP USA VII: Annual Behind the Scenes booking thread

Bring Symphony X back, because there are those of us that haven't seen them live. I saw a 45 minute set opening for Queensryche about three years ago, but they were just getting warmed up when it was over! :erk:

I'd love to see Hibria come in as a one slot too! That band truly kills!

Sorry, didn't read this entire thread, but....outside of Nevermore, you were looking at:

Helloween
Within Temptation*
Gamma Ray
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody
BG
IE
DragonForce**

* not even sure who they are.
** not big enough to headline IMO (unless we're only taking popularity and mass marketing into account)

Well, anyway, as far as I'm concerned I'd take Jorn Lande doing a special one-off set over any of those bands listed anyway. (Not necessarily because I like his music more but because those bands are going to continue to tour on their own anyway so I can see them in NYC or whatever).

The only thing I would have done once Nevermore bailed was to reorganize the supporting roster agenda entirely, but of course, I recognize this is damn near-impossible once it's set.

Angrafan said:
yeah, PoS is a weird band.. Some people here absolutely can;t stand their show... IMO, they are always the best band on the line up.. :)

They are your favorite band on the bill even when they're not on the bill...:lol:

Ok, you could bring back Symphony X, and to make the show a "Special Appearance" write into their contract that they must play all their epics including: Divine Wings of Tragedy, Through the Looking Glass, The Edge of Forever and a majority of songs they haven't played in ages.. or ever at all.

One can dream.. and beg!!

General Zod said:
No need to apologize. PoS is a band that tends to elicit extreme responses; some love them, some hate them. I fall into the latter group.

Zod

That's funny. If someone mentions a band YOU like that they don't you expect them to apologize!!! :lol: *cough*NEVERMORE*cough*

Interesting to see how you choose your performing bands, Glenn. Not necessarily a particular formula every time, but it works. I have had the opportunity to see bands that I enjoy perform in the US for probably their only time AND I have discovered a plethora of bands that I wouldn't have ever heard had it not be mentioned on this site by a member or perfroming live at PP.

My compliments to you and you can be assured that this has been an annual trip for me since III and will remain an annual trip long into the future.

As for the Prog suggestions...ever considered Ring of Fire?

That's funny. If someone mentions a band YOU like that they don't you expect them to apologize!!! *cough*NEVERMORE*cough*
You are so far off-base with that remark, ZOD and i have had some disagreements on artists that he likes and that I don't necessarily like or even know. He has NEVER ONCE suggested that I or anyone else that does not like the artist apologize for our opinions. As to your remark, that is the way you you see it, and is not necessarily the way it is. But you to are entitled to YOUR opinion, and must take the necessary hits if someone doesn't agree, as it is their opinion.

Pyramaze51 said:
You are so far off-base with that remark, ZOD and i have had some disagreements on artists that he likes and that I don't necessarily like or even know. He has NEVER ONCE suggested that I or anyone else that does not like the artist apologize for our opinions. As to your remark, that is the way you you see it, and is not necessarily the way it is. But you to are entitled to YOUR opinion, and must take the necessary hits if someone doesn't agree, as it is their opinion.

Motion seconded and passed.

Chill people. It's a joke........
Zod is an admitted Nevermore fanboy, thus the reason for the post.
I am sure Zod didn't think much of that post and neither should you.

If you think Nevermore is better than any band I have mentioned on this board then I have a box of q-tips for you to clean out your ears!

Jasonic said:
:mad:
I am not a Nevermore hater by any means, but they are WAY over rated, esp around these parts......
There is a metal scene beyond Century Media, Nuclear Blast, and Inside Out...
I definetly second that motion and concur fully, good choice of words, and excellent observation.