PP USA VII: Annual Behind the Scenes booking thread

Jasonic said:
:mad:
I am not a Nevermore hater by any means, but they are WAY over rated, esp around these parts......
There is a metal scene beyond Century Media, Nuclear Blast, and Inside Out...

Nevermore is NOT overrated. If you don't like them, then that is fine. But do not show your ignorance by saying they are "WAY over rated". I personally can;t stand POS and don;t understand the attraction to their sleep inducing music but a lot of people here do like them. We all have slightly different tastes, learn to deal with that. :rolleyes:

Jasonic said:
I am not a Nevermore hater by any means, but they are WAY over rated, esp around these parts......
I demand you apologize!:loco:

Jasonic said:
There is a metal scene beyond Century Media, Nuclear Blast, and Inside Out...
You're preaching to the wrong person. Dark One listens to a lot of really obscure and/or extreme stuff. That said, your statement is correct. I think music fans too often stick with what they know, rather than expanding their boundaries. There are a lot of brilliant artists out there, that are much more underground than what's typically discussed here.

Zod

I wasn't attacking any one poster by saying, "If you like Nevermore than you only like Century Media bands" or anything to that nature.

But in the past few weeks, everyone has been like, "Oh go get Nevermore, Iced Earth, or Symphony X!!!!"

I dunno. It would be nice sometimes to have a conversation about more underground bands who maybe not everyone knows about yet, but would love.

Pyramaze is the perfect example, esp for me. I was not familiar with them prior to their addition to Prog Power. I downloaded an album and was blown away.

Jasonic said:
I dunno. It would be nice sometimes to have a conversation about more underground bands who maybe not everyone knows about yet, but would love.

Then feel free to talk about them. Or if you don't know of any, start a thread asking people to make some more obscure prog/power recommendations. Trust me, you'll get plenty of informed responses. Sheesh.

threeisten said:
Ok, you could bring back Symphony X, and to make the show a "Special Appearance" write into their contract that they must play all their epics including: Divine Wings of Tragedy, Through the Looking Glass, The Edge of Forever and a majority of songs they haven't played in ages.. or ever at all.

One can dream.. and beg!!

Yes this is a must for the Symphony. Play TEoF, Whispers, A Winters Dream, Maybe a few off the first album. This has to happen someday...

Jasonic said:
But in the past few weeks, everyone has been like, "Oh go get Nevermore, Iced Earth, or Symphony X!!!!"
Actually, those are my three favorite bands. And you have to expect, as they are three of the most popular bands who fit this festival's format, you're going to see them mentioned often.

Jasonic said:
Underground?. Here are some samples from my most recent purchase, Wolves in the Throne Room "Diadem Of 12 Stars":

http://www.wolvesinthethroneroom.com/menudo2.htm

Jasonic said:
Pyramaze is the perfect example, esp for me. I was not familiar with them prior to their addition to Prog Power. I downloaded an album and was blown away.
I'm one of many whose been pimping them since the debut. "Melancholy Beast" was my #4 CD of 2004. I was actually disappointed when they weren't on the roster for last year's festival. Great band. Their the band I'm looking forward to most this year.

Zod

High Speed Kurt said:
Has Glenn EVER tried to book Vanishing Point? Them and POS doing 90 minute sets one night next would be killer.

Are they real expensive being from down under? Whats the dealy o yo?

Current airfare for 5 people from Australia to Atlanta is $7,205 plus tax. While I do like Vanishing Point, there is no way in hell they command that type of fee for what draw they would provide.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
Current airfare for 5 people from Australia to Atlanta is $7,205 plus tax. While I do like Vanishing Point, there is no way in hell they command that type of fee for what draw they would provide.

Glenn H.

That's a hell of a lot of money for 5 people...good god:OMG:

General Zod said:
I'm one of many whose been pimping them since the debut. "Melancholy Beast" was my #4 CD of 2004. I was actually disappointed when they weren't on the roster for last year's festival. Great band. Their the band I'm looking forward to most this year.

Zod

Man, if I knew about them back then, I would have pimped them too! :headbang:

However, when I did hear the samples earlier this year when they were announced on this site, I did pimp Pyramaze BIG TIME on the Metal Rules forum and a few posters there did end up checking them out and loving them. I got plenty of PMs thanking me. :)

Its awesome when you spread the good word of metal. :cool:

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Probably no Psycroptic then either. I really thought they had a shot. :rolleyes:

At least I got to see Alarum, another Aussie band. Right here in Madison, no less.