The Return of the "How it Happened" post...PP USA XI

someoneiswrong.jpg
Really, XKCD? I don't care if the prog snobbery comments makes me feel unwelcome at a festival I've been to without fail since my first (ProgPower 6)--that's awesome.

(I'm not completely serious about feeling unwelcome, because I'm not the type that shits on the power metal, but I'm a huge prog guy.)

You should wear the prog snob reference as a badge of honor!

In all seriousnness, the original post was specifically intended for those that complain about a lack of prog on the roster and then do not support it even when there is. Thus, the specific quote:

"That obviously does not apply to the majority frequenting this forum."

You should wear the prog snob reference as a badge of honor!
Well if that's not the inspiration for a shirt for next year, I don't know what else could be.

In all seriousnness, the original post was specifically intended for those that complain about a lack of prog on the roster and then do not support it even when there is.
Yeah, I understand that, so I never felt completely isolated by it. I'll be at ProgPower 11 through 20, so...

God, 20? What a thing to think about. :lol:

I never, ever get annyoned with content disagreement. I welcome that and will debate anyone.

What seperates those with fantastic arguments & valid points from those I find annoying is tone & courtesy. This is my house, not a public forum.

It's not that I don't have a sense of humor. If anything, I'm actually even more offended now that you accuse me of not having one, since you deleted two of my posts where I said I was going to be wearing my cheerleader outfit. You can't take my humor, but I'm supposed to lick your balls when you crack a funny :lol:? I mean, it's not like me wanting to cheer you on in a skirt and pom poms is really all that offensive is it? This may be your house, and as far as I know, I've never taken a dump on your furniture. I think for the most part, I've been pretty cool and lax, and if I haven't, beer on me.

Etc, etc.

Let's address a few points...

1. You posted a post in this thread originally that while having some valid points, wasn't very nice. I typed up a reply that took you on in a point by point basis. After I posted it, I find that you have edited your post because you feared that people would take it the wrong way. I subsequently went back and deleted my post and removed the rest of your posts & original reference about it so there would be no confusion. I also deleted a few responess to it as well that had already been made by others. Perhaps you should have simply asked instead of rushing to judgement on why you were "censored." For the record, it contained some very good argumenative points.

2. In regards to the "funny," you will find that the original post did not say.."Hey AS..this is for you." It was meant to lighten the mood of the entire thread that had gone off track. Hell, Diabolik will fight anyone at the drop of a hat, but he *got* it.

3. The rest of your post is really beneath you and overdramatic. If you even have to stop and consider yourself "cool & lax for the most part," then you have to wonder why you are participating in the discussion here at all. It obviously does not fit your criteria for what you want in a community. Hell, even Ascension shows more class in his replies.

Now, you have two options (neither of which require an apology or any bullshit like that):

1. You can let this go and go back to posting as you were previously with good points (that I may or may not agree with) and be a valuable member of the community.

2. You can run your mouth some more and be shown the door. I won't lose any sleep over it.

I never, ever get annyoned with content disagreement. I welcome that and will debate anyone.

What seperates those with fantastic arguments & valid points from those I find annoying is tone & courtesy. This is my house, not a public forum.

That wasn't a dig at you. It seems like it takes a special kind of talent to get you irritated that quickly, since I've seen you put up with a heck of a lot on these forums from a few notable members.

I mean, if you can put up with Diabolik (<3 you, Bob :D) then you've got a decent ammount of patience.

And as always, it's easy enough to be misunderstood when conversing person to person. Misunderstandings happen a heck of a lot more when the means of conversation are text-based. It's a lot harder to infer tone when you can't actually hear the person's voice. As a result, it's a heck of a lot easier to be misunderstood on a forum than it might otherwise be. We all just muddle through as best we can.