ProgPower 2014 Wish List

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
I'm REALLY hoping that i'll be able to make it to ProgPower next year, provided there's a decent amount of bands I want to see, of course. What bands do you want to see at ProgPower 2014? I'd like the lineup to include any of the following: Amorphis, Elvenking, Firewind, Paradise Lost, Scar Symmetry, Jolly, Mercenary, Seventh Wonder, Into Eternity, James Labrie. It would be cool to see Sad Alice Said or Pellek as openers too.

Also, I read in a post here a while back that they are announcing the 2014 lineup towards the end the 2013 fest. I assume it'll be announced to the general public soon after?

The same thing I wish for every year and likely will until I'm old and grey: a Lost Horizon reunion.

Running Wild, Fairyland, Liege Lord, High Spirits, Absolute Steel, and Angel Witch would be swell.

I don't have too many wishlists left honestly. Powerwolf and Orden Ogan (or however you spell it). King Diamond would be cool, but I'm guessing out of the price range?

Returning bands:
- Seventh Wonder
- Threshold
- Leprous (new to the actual two day fest, but returning to the overarching event)
- Nocturnal Rites (if they manage to get a new album out)

New bands:
- Falconer
- Orden Ogan
- Withem
- Vintersorg
- Sons of Seasons
- Pharaoh
- Persuader
- Mekong Delta
- Demons & Wizards (Glenn has never specifically squashed this one the way he has Avantasia & Ayreon, although I would still imagine it's a longshot for a variety of factors)

The same thing I wish for every year and likely will until I'm old and grey: a Lost Horizon reunion.

Running Wild, Fairyland, Liege Lord, High Spirits, Absolute Steel, and Angel Witch would be swell.

Angel Witch can't play the states.

update:

never mind...I see simon beat me to the punch.

I would be there if Magnum was booked.

Angel Witch can't play the states.

update:

never mind...I see simon beat me to the punch.

That's a shame...
But it's the same thing people said about Electric Wizard for years, any band involving Frost, any band involving Gaahl (although that could fall through within the next month), etc...