Serenity Cancels PP USA IX Appearance

Six Minute Century!!! They are an awesome band that puts on a GREAT live show. Guitar and vocals are amazing.

I could also contact Glen Drover about a possible 1 exclusive EIDOLON show perhaps with Nils on vocals but not sure if this is something the majority would be interested in. I think it would be amazing but thats just me

THAT would be mindblowing!

Kiuas and Katagory V are two bands mentioned already that I think definitely deserve it.

Though, two that haven't been mentioned are Imagika (Holy shit I'd love to see them) or Sepher Jezirah - the last one is understandable since they've never released anything but with members of Morgana Lefay and Tad Morose, I'm sure they'd fit in :)

Haven't seen any names that just thrill me yet, but I can't think of anyone else that would fit the bill and that I would love to see. I'm addicted to Katatonia right now but they are too big I would think, maybe Novembre.

I haven't read every post on this thread yet, but I also hope The Poodles have submitted their interest.

Others I'd personally like to see include but are not limited to...

Division
Avian
Meyvn
Odin's Court
Icarus Witch
Twisted Tower Dire
Cloudscape

any band under the Pathfinder umbrella. :cool:

hey, gotta plug my own stuff too, ya know. ;)

Six Minute Century!!! They are an awesome band that puts on a GREAT live show. Guitar and vocals are amazing.

I fully agree on that one. For some reason, the new SMC CD has been my favorite for weeks now. I can listen to that music any time, day or night.

I haven't heard a vocalist that good in a long, long time. And the guitar work blows me away. Riffs plus shredding, in just the right measure.

There are many times when I envy Glenn. This isn't one of those times. Picking one band from the 47 submissions is going to be tough. If even half of the bands suggested are among the 47 submitted, there are some truly stellar bands in the bunch. Very tough to choose. Yet, what could be better than picking the best from the best? :)

I just hope that a melodic progmetal band will replace a melodic progmetal band.

Here are a couple I'd really enjoy:
Seventh Wonder (excellent progmetal)
Steve

Only a handful of SW comments so far -I'd have expected more... -still,

-I would love for that to happen!
Lots of talk over the past couple of years of getting these boys over to the States and by PP-time their third album will most definitely have been released...
Excellent timing in other words.

//Doug

I can't believe, as another band, no one has mentioned Turisas.

I'm seeing them in April. No need for them to take a spot when it could be a band I haven't seen yet and isn't touring the US this year ;P
Besides, they might be a little big for an opener. I'm not very good at estimating the popularity of these kinds of bands but they do seem to be somewhat popular and are only directly under Ensiferum as support for the Pagan Fest tour.

Only a handful of SW comments so far -I'd have expected more... -still,

-I would love for that to happen!
Lots of talk over the past couple of years of getting these boys over to the States and by PP-time their third album will most definitely have been released...
Excellent timing in other words.

//Doug

Well, from reading the posts here, it would be a power or extreme metal band would make it since the crowd here is mostly that.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it's gonna happen. I trust Glenn will make a decision based on appeal, balancing the prog/power equation and his personal tastes which is absolutely normal.

I guess we'll soon know anyway.

Let's keep our fingers crossed... :loco:

Steve

Well, from reading the posts here, it would be a power or extreme metal band would make it since the crowd here is mostly that...

Steve

The crowd where? This forum? Hardly. Prog fans easily outnumber Power Metal fans, and many have no tolerance for extreme vox.

im just curious glenn, would you ever EVER even consider an instrumental metal act? i am actually specifically referring to the group planet x, but while i wont sit here and rave on about them i am just curious as if for the coming years if i should even bother putting groups like this on request lists.

but another group i saw on my ipod:

knight area!

The crowd where? This forum? Hardly. Prog fans easily outnumber Power Metal fans, and many have no tolerance for extreme vox.

Agreed. The closest things I've seen to extreme metal in this thread are Wintersun and Ihsahn. Wintersun is essentially power metal w/harsh vox, and Ihsahn's solo material has prog tendencies.