Serenity Cancels PP USA IX Appearance

Well, from reading the posts here, it would be a power or extreme metal band would make it since the crowd here is mostly that.

Steve

I believe you have your forums mixed up. If you click on "Heavy Metal Festivals" at the top, you will find a link that takes you to the Chicago Power Fest forum. That must be what you are referring to.

While the power attendees outnumber the prog fans at the festival itself, this forum is the exact opposite.

The crowd where? This forum? Hardly. Prog fans easily outnumber Power Metal fans, and many have no tolerance for extreme vox.

Depends on what you qualify prog. From what I have seen mentioned here, it's mostly power.

Steve

Depends on what you qualify prog. From what I have seen mentioned here, it's mostly power.

Steve

And I say that depends on how often you read the forum. It's also a VERY narrow window considering your home forum is PM Rising- the ultimate prog snob haven outside of the original Ytse Jam List. I agree that at any given time, power could dominate the front page. However, those that visit here daily (such as Magius) will tell you a different story. We are probably one of the most diverse forums on the net including mainstream rock, AoR, prog, power, thrash, and extreme.

Instead of noting the lack of prog, why not post about it and see what happens?

You didn't think I was going to let you come in here & make your comment without a PONCE T on you did you? (inside joke..move along...nothing to see here).

Can't say I'm bummed about the cancellation, as I hadn't gotten around to checking them out yet, but would like to see a few of the bands already mentioned: Wolverine or Wastefall and of course Trail of Murder's debut show would be way cool. I have a feeling we could expect some TM if that were to happen. :)

Shaye

And I say that depends on how often you read the forum. It's also a VERY narrow window considering your home forum is PM Rising- the ultimate prog snob haven outside of the original Ytse Jam List. I agree that at any given time, power could dominate the front page. However, those that visit here daily (such as Magius) will tell you a different story. We are probably one of the most diverse forums on the net including mainstream rock, AoR, prog, power, thrash, and extreme.

Instead of noting the lack of prog, why not post about it and see what happens?

You didn't think I was going to let you come in here & make your comment without a PONCE T on you did you? (inside joke..move along...nothing to see here).

LOL!!! Struck a nerve, didn't I?

I read the board quite often and this is mostly power to me as the X board is more extreme and PM Rising is more prog.

As I said, it depends on your point of view. I'm happy to see you can defend your baby tooth and nails. :p

Ponce twat!!! :loco:

Steve

I haven't read every post on this thread yet, but I also hope The Poodles have submitted their interest.

Others I'd personally like to see include but are not limited to...

Twisted Tower Dire

Good call. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned them. I'd love to see some killer US metal.

LOL!!! Struck a nerve, didn't I?

I read the board quite often and this is mostly power to me as the X board is more extreme and PM Rising is more prog.

As I said, it depends on your point of view. I'm happy to see you can defend your baby tooth and nails. :p

Ponce twat!!! :loco:

Steve

maybe i'm missing an inside conversation between friends, but if not, then this is a shining example of the elitist attitude I can't stand that seems to radiate out of Progsnobs pores. Ugh.

If I did miss an inside conversation, ignore me and carry on.

maybe i'm missing an inside conversation between friends, but if not, then this is a shining example of the elitist attitude I can't stand that seems to radiate out of Progsnobs pores. Ugh.

If I did miss an inside conversation, ignore me and carry on.

It's a bit of both to be honest. I'm good friends with Stevie and he will be the first to admit he is a prog snob.

It's a bit of both to be honest. I'm good friends with Stevie and he will be the first to admit he is a prog snob.

I actually prefer the term prog fan but this sums it up pretty well... :)

Steve

np: Seventh Wonder - Waiting in the wing (how appropriate for this thread...) ;)

So I emailed Darkwater. Their debut cd is amazing. Although anyone who checks them out should skip the somewhat dull radio edit of Again (the full version is much better, but still the weakest track on the cd IMO) and listen to Tallest Tree (on their myspace page).

It would also be great to see Suspyre or Thought Chamber (although I don't know if they perform).

I think Serenity should be replaced with a prog act since we are having super power Thursday :) .

Robin

You didn't think I was going to let you come in here & make your comment without a PONCE T on you did you?
perfect10.gif

Back on topic-Well to Stevie there's a ton more power metal here compared to pmrising, so it seems like a lot ;)

UUUMMM. Have you heard of the Pagan Fest tour, Tyr are already touring the states. Suidakra are already playing Chicago Powerfest.

Of course, I forgot that bands that tour can't play an opening slot. I also can't believe I don't already have plans to see Pagan Fest in Dallas, a mere 7 hour drive on a week night. I must have a job...

How about IHSAHN? His stuff is very varied and would appeal to a wide variety of people. I'm just not sure if he's a live entity yet...or not.

This would be cool, but I bet his name recognition would put him above a #1. I actually thought about email him too...

How about SwordLord doing Air Guitar and doing Karokee to Manowar!!!! That would rule!

Ticket sold. I'm there. :)