So let's start planning for next year....

Awesome thread! Hmm headliners:
Hibria, Galneryus, Savage Circus, Stratovarius, Grave Digger and naturally, (what the hell), AVANTASIA.

That's just a headliner list. Some ther bands I would love to see are (among some already listed):
Dark Moor, Thunderstone, Powerwolf, Manticora, that most recent Tim Owens project, Dreamtale, Freedom Call, and Rhapsody of Fire.

I would think Rhapsody of Fire would be a headliner. Ironically, I've never even heard of Hibria or Galneyus.

Well....my only 2 wish list bands are Wuthering Heights and Rhapsody (sorry, i still can't use that "of fire" bit...it's just silly).....ok...three...Star One, but I suppose that is more of a Christmas wish list entry.

Do think Myrath and King Crow would be worthy entries, as well as Gravemachine.

Awesome thread! Hmm headliners:
Hibria, Galneryus, Savage Circus, Stratovarius, Grave Digger and naturally, (what the hell), AVANTASIA.

That's just a headliner list. Some ther bands I would love to see are (among some already listed):
Dark Moor, Thunderstone, Powerwolf, Manticora, that most recent Tim Owens project, Dreamtale, Freedom Call, and Rhapsody of Fire.

When and where is Hibria, Galneryus and Savage Circus headliners over Rhapsody of Fire?

In fact, when and where are Hibria, Galneryus and Savage Circus headliners? :lol:

Well to quote some people, to me it dosent matter if hibria or galneryus only had an ep, there shit rocks just as much as any rhapsody cd. Actually I think hibria has the single best debut album, well at least to me \m/

So from MY stand point Glenn will have us back next year regardless, but any of these would sweeten the deal :)

Oh- and to edit, I accadentally put rhapsody in the other list :p

Cain's Offering = super group not new band

super groups = headliner or 5th slot :Smokedev:

Sieges Even re-union...or...Sub Signal if no option
Cynic
Star People but Lorenza Ponce has to be in the band!
Icarus Witch
Powermad

Doesn't really matter who you get. As long as you hook two or three bands that I like I'll always be there.

Cynic getting an hour at PP would be :OMG: Their set was way too short for the Between the Buried and Me tour. Same goes for Devin Townsend.

Well, STAR ONE only have one album and they could definitely be a headliner.

Who?

Okay, I looked it up and was unfamiliar with that project. But the only way I think it would be headliner-able, is if it has high profile singers to be there, and people would still be wanting to hear Ayreon material.

Well to quote some people, to me it dosent matter if hibria or galneryus only had an ep, there shit rocks just as much as any rhapsody cd. Actually I think hibria has the single best debut album, well at least to me m/

So from MY stand point Glenn will have us back next year regardless, but any of these would sweeten the deal :)

Oh- and to edit, I accadentally put rhapsody in the other list :p

I agree regarding Hibria, the band is amazing and their two discs are fantastic. Steel Lord on Wheels is still one of the best true heavy metal songs there'll ever be! I just don't think they could be considered headliner caliber yet. Maybe in the future, we'll see how their career goes.

I'm all for bringing Hibria to ProgPower though!!!

Aside from my plea for Pretty Maids.......

........Gotthard. I have a good feeling that no matter what your preference in metal/hard rock is, these guys would would make for a great time!

love to see these...hopefully some others will agree and add them to their own lists after the reminder, Its loosely based on position, I didn't take a lot of time on that there would likely be some movement of that when looked at closely.

BRUCE DICKENSON - solo
NARNIA - Sweden
LILLIAN AXE - USA
PROTOTYPE - USA
BEYOND TWILIGHT - Denmark
ANUBIS GATE - Denmark
TO-MERA - England
NIGHTMARE - Italy
HARMONY - Sweden
EMPYRIA - Canada
CLOUDSCAPE - Sweden
SEVENTH WONDER - Sweden
AVIAN - USA
ORDER OF NINE - USA
EYEFEAR - Australia
EVIL MASQUERADE - Denmark
LOCH VOSTOK - Sweden
THEOCRACY - Georgia
MYRATH - Tunisia
ALKEMYST - France
DARKWATER - Sweden
KATAGORY V
LANFEAR - Germany
HOURGLASS - USA
MEMOIRA - Finland
HEAVENWOOD - Portugal
DIVISION BY ZERO - Poland
DELAIN - Netherlands
EDGEND - Israel
VOTUM - Poland
DIMENSION - USA/Mexico
PANTOMMIND - Bulgaria
WITCHKING - Poland
CLOAKWHEEL - USA
RAZOR WIRE SHRINE - USA
WARMACHINE - Canada
7TH REIGN - Canada
PERSPECTIVE X IV
HEART OF SUN - Italy
69 CHAMBERS - Germany
WISZDOMSTONE - USA
DELTA - Chili
AUVERNIA - Buenos Aires

Have played ProgPower before but would love to see them come back again.
ANDROMEDA - Sweden
FUTURES END - USA
HALCYON WAY - Georgia
SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE

i'm probably asking for too much, but I would love to see something along the the lines of:

X-Japan
Seikima
Loudness
Pretty Maids
Heavenly
Andre Matos
Riot
Savatage (yeah, i know...stfu!!)
Michael Kiske...in any shape or form

Hey Killingfield, Seikima II is playing Project A-kon in Dallas June 4-6. I know because a group that I am affiliated with is bringing them here :heh: If you can make it, it will be a badass show.

Ja

Rei

Cynic getting an hour at PP would be :OMG: Their set was way too short for the Between the Buried and Me tour. Same goes for Devin Townsend.

I don't know about that. They did great but played 45 minutes of material. They only have two albums, their most recent one only being 35 minutes in length so there isn't a whole lot more for them to play.

Now, as far as Devin Townsend is concerned, that's a different story. I would sell my soul to see him headline ProgPower.

love to see these...hopefully some others will agree and add them to their own lists after the reminder, Its loosely based on position, I didn't take a lot of time on that there would likely be some movement of that when looked at closely.

BRUCE DICKENSON - solo
NARNIA - Sweden
LILLIAN AXE - USA
PROTOTYPE - USA
BEYOND TWILIGHT - Denmark
ANUBIS GATE - Denmark
TO-MERA - England
NIGHTMARE - Italy
HARMONY - Sweden
EMPYRIA - Canada
CLOUDSCAPE - Sweden
SEVENTH WONDER - Sweden
AVIAN - USA
ORDER OF NINE - USA
EYEFEAR - Australia
EVIL MASQUERADE - Denmark
LOCH VOSTOK - Sweden
THEOCRACY - Georgia
MYRATH - Tunisia
ALKEMYST - France
DARKWATER - Sweden
KATAGORY V
LANFEAR - Germany
HOURGLASS - USA
MEMOIRA - Finland
HEAVENWOOD - Portugal
DIVISION BY ZERO - Poland
DELAIN - Netherlands
EDGEND - Israel
VOTUM - Poland
DIMENSION - USA/Mexico
PANTOMMIND - Bulgaria
WITCHKING - Poland
CLOAKWHEEL - USA
RAZOR WIRE SHRINE - USA
WARMACHINE - Canada
7TH REIGN - Canada
PERSPECTIVE X IV
HEART OF SUN - Italy
69 CHAMBERS - Germany
WISZDOMSTONE - USA
DELTA - Chili
AUVERNIA - Buenos Aires

Have played ProgPower before but would love to see them come back again.
ANDROMEDA - Sweden
FUTURES END - USA
HALCYON WAY - Georgia
SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE

GOOD GOD!!! That's a lot of bands to choose from. Btw, you do realize Delain is playing this year, right?

I'm willing to bet Mob Rules will be at XII, either as headliner or as direct support. As for my preference, besides the obvious Saxon to headline (which is probably highly unlikely) it would be a dream of mine to see Wolf, who I think could slip into a mid slot or possibly even direct support.

To all of these. I DO think Mob Rules will make it - I still prya and sacrifice small animals (and people that annoy me) in the hopes of seeing Saxon headline and Wolf would be a blast :)

Appreciate the insights Glenn, always interesting to know what goes on behind the curtain.

Cheers
Jeff