So Tate is out of 'Ryche

Yea, that's true, I know that he KNOWS he's an ASS, and likes being an ASS but sometimes it's good to remind him just how much of an ASS he really is. just in case he forgets.... There's no redeeming quality in being an ASS....
Hey DustyV, you got something big in your mouth? Take it out before you speak cause I can't understand you. Ass my ass.

To get back on topic, here's another statement from Tate:

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176754

So Tate lost his preliminary injunction...Queensryche can continue as Queensryche...this does not bode well for him.

For now... more info here: http://www.billboard.com/news/#/news/queensryche-may-continue-with-band-name-1007585552.story

"We are excited that the Washington courts saw what we and the fans have always known, that Queensryche is more than any one member," AGPS Management senior manager Glen Parrish said in a statement. "We are sorry we had to go to court to show this, but we are determined to bring back the quality product Queensryche was known for. We can't wait to unveil to the fans what [the band creates] next musically."

So Tate lost his preliminary injunction...Queensryche can continue as Queensryche...this does not bode well for him.

It seems to me that Tate wasn't even remotely concerned about the fans or doing QR like the band should have been intended anyway, whereas the other guys, the 3 original guys, sounds like they in fact are the ones wanting to do what QR is known for originally. Tate has a solo career, big album deal, etc etc. Why does he need to pee on the QR parade anyway? Just seems like kind of a control freak IMO.

It seems to me that Tate wasn't even remotely concerned about the fans or doing QR like the band should have been intended anyway, whereas the other guys, the 3 original guys, sounds like they in fact are the ones wanting to do what QR is known for originally. Tate has a solo career, big album deal, etc etc. Why does he need to pee on the QR parade anyway? Just seems like kind of a control freak IMO.

Money. The Queensryche name is always going to be worth more than the Geoff Tate name (or Rising West for that matter). And for Tate, QR was the family business.

Money. The Queensryche name is always going to be worth more than the Geoff Tate name (or Rising West for that matter). And for Tate, QR was the family business.

Well yeah, isn't moolah the reason for all these battles. And also, yeah, Tate basically made QR a family biz, took over the band, for 'family' income... although it wasn't always like that. Being an idealist, I always thought a band should be ran as a band, e.g. one for all, all for one. I'm just glad the guys have room to breathe now without him.

Wonder when Queensryche is going to get control of the website again? It looks like a Tate run thing still?

Bear

They've had access to the site for weeks. Why it's taking them so long to figure out how to actually have somebody update the site at all, I have no idea.

- Chris

Agreed, but I think there is a little more than money. I think Tate has a problem in someone else playing songs (he says) he mostly wrote, yet a lot of those early songs were written by DeGarmo as well.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/187704

Paul Gargano - A&R/product manager for InsideOut Music and Century Media Records in North America - had signed a declaration in favor of the preliminary injunction being granted until litigation ceases. InsideOut announced June 25th that Tate had signed a solo deal with the label. According to Tate's declaration in support of the injuction, Queensrÿche is no longer on Roadrunner Records, which released its last album, 2011's Dedicated to Chaos.

Asked if he wanted to elaborate on his declaration, Gargano wrote in an email to Billboard: "I would like to clarify something extremely important that is being overlooked by everyone, including Billboard: The injunction did not just prevent the three defendants from touring as Queensrÿche until the claim is settled; it prevented both parties from touring as Queensrÿche until the claim is settled. This is critical, because the intention of the injunction -- as well as my declaration -- was not to prevent Scott, Michael and Eddie from making a living. The intention of both was to protect the future value of the Queensrÿche brand by eliminating the possibility of there being multiple versions of Queensrÿche. Not only did the judge deny the injunction on Friday, she also urged and encouraged that there should be two Queensrÿche bands moving forward -- which is precisely what the injunction was intended to avoid."

Click here for complete report.

Queensryche Having Online Identity Crisis?

Queensryche, which is engaged in a lawsuit with former singer Geoff Tate and former manager Susan Tate, has launched a new Facebook page ( Facebook.com/QueensrycheOfficial), and will officially launch a new band website ( QueensrycheOfficial.com) tomorrow, Aug. 14. The group has also launched a new Twitter feed, but has since switched back to its original Twitter account.

Creative differences my tochas. This is about MONEY. Not just a little money, but to take the words of the great Finnish philosopher Kakko, a SHITLOAD of money... The shitload of money that the Tates stole from the band. Why else would ONLY THE TATES be screaming bloody murder when the rest of the band asked that the merch ops be transferred to a third party? Why else would the members of the band who are not named Tate go ahead a fire key members of the office staff? Why else would they fire their manager, and it is not by coincidence that her last name was Tate?
Watch, within 2-3 years, the next shows Tate will give will be either from Herlong Prison (Federal) or Coyote Ridge Facility (Washington State). No way does this not avoid a criminal prosecution, which is where this is heading. Unless someone can see otherwise, this is the only outcome to this mess.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Anyone?

Even as a (previous) QR/Tate-fanboy, at this juncture, Tate has his solo band and solo deal with Inside Out - dude needs to move on, maintain whatever little dignity and creative integrity he has, devote his time and energy to his "solo" career and move on. Ask Great White, LA Guns, CCR, and the rest what happens when you split up the band based on sour grape semantics. Shark jumping imminent! :)