So Tate is out of 'Ryche

I don't know what type of event that is.

It's basically a week-long trade show that encompasses most of the city, focused on the furniture industry. People from furniture companies all over the world (manufacturing, dealers, distributors, designers, etc) converge upon High Point NC twice a year and buy/sell/conference. Every one they have (April & October every year) they get some downtown, night time entertainment...we've had Kansas, 38 Special, Cheap Trick, Hall & Oates & others...free to Market participants w/ your badge and not included on artists tour dates/websites.

YEah, that's a big thing these days are these convention type events where the business hires entertainment to get participants.
I support a financial software called SAP at my job, and have gone to various user conferences.
There was a recent one that had a private VAN HALEN concert one evening.
Complete private event only for attendees of the conference.
Could you even imagine what VH must have gotten paid?

OK - I know this is getting a bit off topic, but these are the types of events QR might be looking forward to, which was my point.

And turn down some much needed cash after losing & continuing to lose their ass to legal fees?

Let's be realistic here....

THIS! Let's face it, it's not 1988 and no matter how amazing the next Queensryche album is with Todd, it's never going to reach the sales of OM, Empire, or hell even Promised Land. The Tates did enough damage to the Queensryche brand in the last 20 years, if the offers are rollin' in for the La Torre fronted Ryche, they need to take them to recoup all the lost revenue from recent legal fees, the Lion's share of merch cash that was pocketed by the Tates, and poor album sales since Promised land

And "Geoff Tate's Queensryche" is:

Kelly Gray (guitar)
Glen Drover (guitar)
Rudy Sarzo (bass)
Bobby Blotzer (drums)
some dude (keyboards)

Well, you knew Kelly Gray was going to pop up in there. Kelly been either in the band or a behind the scenes guy since DeGarmo left. I saw him live and he was terrible for Queensryche, IMO. He's a good player, not knocking his talent, but his style was all wrong. He was changing DeGarmo's solos and adding Led Zeppelin styled wah-wah to everything.

And Blotzer?

Whatever...I'm not going to see them live anyway...

Yeah, when I saw them with Grey was easily the worst they ever sounded. His tone was so muddy and distorted it made Soundgarden sound clean and clear. They would start a song and it would be so distorted it would take like 20 seconds for you to realize "oh wait, this is Walk in the Shadows"

Anyone remember Kelly Gray fucking up an album production so badly that it had to be re-done and re-released after all the backlash? What the hell is wrong with that guy's ears?

Rock on!

Yes that was Nevermore's Enemies of Reality.

This whole thing is so comedic, I say keep it coming G-off. Too much of his own wine methinks.

What was the point of the first vid? To humanize himself? An attempt at self-promotion aside from the band? Just made him look like a pretentious douche.

We get it, Geoff. You think you're pretty cool. Good for you.

I am seriously considering paying to see the tate less version of queensryche just to support those guys for having to put up with this prick the last 10-15 years.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/191313 :

The official lyric video for 'Dark Money', a track from former QUEENSRŸCHE frontman GEOFF TATE's upcoming second solo album, Kings & Thieves, out on November 6th in North America. Watch the video below:

Audio samples of all tracks featured on Kings & Thieves are available via Amazon.de. Click [ame="http://www.amazon.de/Kings-Thieves/dp/B009CYVIO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348162608&sr=8-2"]here [/ame]to check them out.

Kings & Thieves will be Tate's first solo album in more than a decade, and his debut release for InsideOut Music. The album is available for pre-order via Amazon.com using the widget at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the new Tate disk shows us who was in charge of Queensryche's musical direction over the last many albums. Sounds like a continuation of that era to my ears.

From www.melodicrock.com :

Geoff Tate has teamed up with UltimateClassicRock.com for the exclusive, worldwide premiere of his new track, Take A Bullet. This is the second song to be released from his upcoming solo album, Kings & Thieves, due out on November 6, 2012 on InsideOut Music. Internationally recognized as the acclaimed voice of Queensryche, Geoff Tate is one of the most respected vocalists in the history of hard rock and metal, having sold over 20 million records and earned four Grammy nominations.
The song "Take A Bullet" can be heard on UltimateClassicRock.com, here: www.ultimateclassicrock.com/geoff-tate-take-a-bullet-song-premiere/

Both "Dark Money" and "Take A Bullet" are now available on iTunes, and can be purchased here: www.itunes.apple.com/us/album/dark-money-take-bullet-single/id570366858.

Honestly, I expected a lot worse from that song. You have to consider this was initially intended as a Tate solo album, and for a rock song, it isn't that bad. If it was Queensryche it would be another story. I don't like the guy and I hate what he turned the Ryche into, but people are going to give him a lot of hate over his solo stuff, when it's supposed to be just that -- a solo disc.

I have to admit that I am slightly interested in seeing one of his upcoming shows in the Chicagoland area.
I guess that's assuming they actually happen.
I am waiting to see the setlists.
All the promotion states he is performing "Classic Queensryche"
I also figure the guys he hired wouldn't come on board to do a tour playing mostly Tate solo stuff.

I figure it's Tate's attempt at getting out there first to do a full US tour of the QR tunes the fans really want to hear.

Sure, Tate may be a tool, but I can look past that to see a full set in a small club of him performing tunes from The Warning, Rage For Order, Mindcrime, and Empire.

And we can only pray for at least 50% of TRIBE!!!!!!!

I figure it's Tate's attempt at getting out there first to do a full US tour of the QR tunes the fans really want to hear.

I think this is dead on and shows what a prick Tate really is. The material he didn't want to play and the fans wanted to hear is now a priority to stick it to the rest of Queensryche. What an ass.

Tate's recent setlist for the solo tour....mostly the same old songs that he loves playing, and very little of it is what I would consider to be Classic QR.

Forever
Off The TV
Sacred Ground
Disconnected
The Way I Roll
Flood
Helpless
Out Of Mind
Real World
Another Rainy Night
Bridge
The Killing Words