So what's your Top 5?

Overkill - White Devil Armory
Teramaze - Esoteric Symbolism
Brainstorm - Firesoul
Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon
Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls

Eagerly awaiting Sanctuary and Kontrust

Wasting good money since at least 1981? :lol::lol:

I jest, I jest... not all Priest is bad. ;)

Ha ha. Now Angra thats what I'm talking about. Thanks my friend. You're a good man - for what I'm not exactly sure - but you're a good man. LOL

When Stained Class came out in 1978 it changed everything for me. Nothing sounded like it and absolutely loved it. For a long long time that was my favorite album, and I still play it sometimes.

When I saw them live in 1981 it was the first opportunity I had had to see them play. Priest was still cutting edge and since I had been a fan for 3 years I had to see them. Even as late as 1981 there still weren't many bands doing what they were doing at that time. I guarantee you, Mr. Angra, would have paid the ticket to see them too. :cool:

But that was a long time ago and things do change don't they? I'm afraid I'm not a very good Priest fan any more. About half of my Priest collection is from the 70s, and I don't have anything Priest has done since Painkiller (1990). If Priest had a free performance tonight, and next door was Nightwish playing at $35 a ticket, I'd pay $35 to go see Nightwish.

Listening to Xerath now. I remember listening to their first album thinking it was more of a symphonic Fear Factory/SYL type thing. Now it just sounds more like Devin's recent stuff. It's not bad, but it's also not very original either. Maybe a few more listens are in order.

You deserve to be banned based on Priest's last few turds alone. :lol:

:lol: Actually I love Nostradamus. The new one I admit is one of their worst with Halford, but it is a grower. I'm absolutely flabbergasted why some think it's one of the best albums of the year though. But yeah, I know they're not your cup of tea.

But that was a long time ago and things do change don't they? I'm afraid I'm not a very good Priest fan any more. About half of my Priest collection is from the 70s, and I don't have anything Priest has done since Painkiller (1990). If Priest had a free performance tonight, and next door was Nightwish playing at $35 a ticket, I'd pay $35 to go see Nightwish.

This makes me want to vomit. :lol: I went to the show last night and Priest are about the best I've seen them, particularly Halford. So worth it. That said, outside of Angel of Retribution, which is a phenomenal album, I could see older Priest fans not getting their new material. I will agree with one thing though, outside of Painkiller, I find their 70s stuff to be their best.

Listening to Xerath now. I remember listening to their first album thinking it was more of a symphonic Fear Factory/SYL type thing. Now it just sounds more like Devin's recent stuff. It's not bad, but it's also not very original either. Maybe a few more listens are in order.

And that's why I liked it. I also got the Devin Townsend vibe.