Your Top 5 Must see on a progpower stage

Saxon
Sun Caged
Venturia
Dark Moor
Demons & Wizards

You probably will never be able to catch Venturia live... However, let me know if you're ever in the New York area, since Venturia's male singer (Marc Ferreira) is a good friend of mine and he plays out all the time, and would occasionally perform a Venturia song or two. :p

Beyond the Bridge
Sinbreed
Kingcrow
Lanfear
Amaranthe
Mystic Prophecy
Pretty Maids
Mayan
Epica
Symphony X

hey.....wait a minute............................Damn I'm a happy camper for Sept! :)

You probably will never be able to catch Venturia live... However, let me know if you're ever in the New York area, since Venturia's male singer (Marc Ferreira) is a good friend of mine and he plays out all the time, and would occasionally perform a Venturia song or two. :p

hey IF i ever get up to NY i will definitely do that

Some of these are more realistic/likely to happen than others:
1) Vintersorg
2) Demons & Wizards
3) Myrath
4) Pharoah
5) Seventh Wonder (again...and if I'm fantasizing, they play "Mercy Falls" in its entirety on Wed/Thu, then do a normal set during the fest)

And my never-gonna-happen-at-PPUSA fantasy (thank you again, Arcturus): Borknagar

Thanks to Glenn, I've seen so many bands that I didn't think I would ever see live. Here are my remaining bands I would love to see live. I'm picking more than 5 since many of mine are likely to happen only after hell has frozen over.

1) Shadow Gallery
2) Arch/Matheos
3) Helloween w/ Kiske
4) Skyclad w/Martin
5) Draconian
6) Crimson Glory w/ Todd
7) Royal Hunt w/ DC
8) Agalloch
9) Sirenia
10) Wolverine
11) Tristania

Guy

Really? You think that those 5 bands would only bring in 100 people? :bah:

In the USA? I don't see more than 200 people coming to the show if that was a festival, no.

miel said:
Sigh. I really dislike these posts.

Jen, if you mean the thread and feel like this may question the decision behind the roster selection for ProgPower, I completely understand though I hope nobody will actually mean it in that way.

However, if it was my posts and discussion with the couple of people, I didn't mean it as an insult to any of these bands, be them former ProgPower USA performers or not, but just my perception, though I could very well be wrong about how well or not they would draw in the USA alone, without another couple of "headliner caliber" bands paired up together...

Why? It seems like a harmless way to measure the fans' interest in future lineup possibilities.

Because, IMHO (presently) Glenn can never please everyone - which I know is a given (comes with the job!); however, he could put together a "top 5 must-see" roster that would appeal to the masses and still not sell enough tickets to justify continuing future "top 5 must-see" rosters.

~Jen

By attending ProgPower (four for me), I've been able to see bands that I NEVER thought I would ever see live...Glenn is fantastic at what he does. I didn't post a list to tell Glenn what to do, or who he should get.... it was simply an exercise in fantasy. It's always a treat to see which bands Glenn gets every year to perform.

Because, IMHO (presently) Glenn can never please everyone - which I know is a given (comes with the job!); however, he could put together a "top 5 must-see" roster that would appeal to the masses and still not sell enough tickets to justify continuing future "top 5 must-see" rosters.

I think threads like these are more for us than they are for you and Glenn. Yes, you guys have to put together a lineup that can sell tickets. Meanwhile, we are expressing our dream bands who would be on the top of our list to see at ProgPower. It doesn't mean that there is anything realistic about our choices (Hell, one of the bands I listed broke up years ago.) or that you even have to listen to anything we say.

And I wonder why I want to move to Scandanavia ;)

Well, you definitely have a much bigger chance to see those bands in Scandinavia, though I think even there the drawing power would be a little less than you would think...

I heard that Metal ProgFest had between 200-300 people, maybe even less. Denmark Rock Festival had a similar underwhelming attendance. :\