Your Top 5 Must see on a progpower stage

First off, I'd like to thank Glenn for making it possible for me to see so many AMAZING bands already, and this is in NO way me being dissatisfied with the bands he has brought in thus far, merely a fantasy wishlist. Also, I'm just gonna start listing and keep going, hahaha!
1. Seventh Wonder!!!
2. Circus Maximus (I know they've played twice but one can hope...)
3. Subsignal
4. A.C.T.
5. Anubis Gate
6. Myrath
7. Magic Pie
8. Beyond Twilight
9. Riverside
10. Masterplan

I like prog...

Oh, to dream........

Avantasia
Theocracy
Toby Hitchcock
Unruly Child
Jeff Scott Soto
Unisonic
Brother Firetribe

There are a number of bands I would love to see. There is only one band that I have been trying, year in and year out (since I started attending) to get to ProgPower:
Falconer

As of right now, they are the only must-see for me. Especially since they are unlikely to come to the States for any other reason, and I can't afford to go to Sweden to see them play.

You probably will never be able to catch Venturia live... However, let me know if you're ever in the New York area, since Venturia's male singer (Marc Ferreira) is a good friend of mine and he plays out all the time, and would occasionally perform a Venturia song or two. :p

Weak. With the popularity of Amaranthe I was hoping these guys would get some more face time.

Anathema
Dark Suns
Voyager
Evergrey

I really freaking loved last year :headbang: even though I was retarded sick and had no voice after Thursday night :loco:

Well, you definitely have a much bigger chance to see those bands in Scandinavia, though I think even there the drawing power would be a little less than you would think...

I heard that Metal ProgFest had between 200-300 people, maybe even less. Denmark Rock Festival had a similar underwhelming attendance. :

I know, it's a sad situation.

Well, you definitely have a much bigger chance to see those bands in Scandinavia, though I think even there the drawing power would be a little less than you would think...

I heard that Metal ProgFest had between 200-300 people, maybe even less. Denmark Rock Festival had a similar underwhelming attendance. :

If you mean the Metal Prog Fest i mentioned it was sold out one of the evenings and not far from it the other. And it was in a 400 capacity venue. ;)

If you mean the Metal Prog Fest i mentioned it was sold out one of the evenings and not far from it the other. And it was in a 400 capacity venue. ;)

Ah, good. Unfortunately, in the US this festival would have still bankrupted the promoter. :\ Great for you Scandinavians that all of those bands are from... well... Scandinavia. :lol:

They are...in a way. I chat with Tad (drummer) a bit on Facebook. Right now, they have other musical projects (he is the drummer in doom metal band Blood Farmers now), but I believe the core lineup is still relatively intact.

Mike is the "active" vocalist, and Christian is still at guitar. I think all they'd need to do is hire a bass player, and rehearse, and they could play a show/festival. Plus they're American so no Visa shit to worry about. I honestly think they have either a shot at hitting up PPUSA or MDF in the coming years if they get the right offer. I'd be fucking stoked...they're two albums are two of my favorite of all thrash.

Because I have been fortunate to have attended all but 3 of the PPUSA's, I will focus on bands that have not yet graced the stage plus have a realistic shot:

1. Dragonland
2. Falconer
3. Spiritual Beggars
4. To-Mera
5. Oddball and maybe a little less realistic: Tiamat

I know there are tons of others but these were the first 5 that popped.

Because I have been fortunate to have attended all but 3 of the PPUSA's, I will focus on bands that have not yet graced the stage plus have a realistic shot:

1. Dragonland
2. Falconer
3. Spiritual Beggars
4. To-Mera
5. Oddball and maybe a little less realistic: Tiamat

I know there are tons of others but these were the first 5 that popped.

8. Oooohhhh I'm adding Tiamat to my list.