My Thoughts on the ProgPower XVI Lineup

The awesome thing about the venue, is you can see and hear everything perfectly - no matter where you're stationed.

So if you get exhausted or aren't crazy about a band, you can still watch their set and hear their set(both perfectly) from the seats. Which is what I found myself doing this year during Voodoo Circle and Masterplan, bands I wasn't crazy about.

Falconer is a set you should definitely catch, even if you don't like them. It's their final show EVER afterall. :O Also, Riverside is a mindblowing band - they are a bit hard to get into, but trust me. One of the greatest bands of the new millennium.

Falconer is a set you should definitely catch, even if you don't like them. It's their final show EVER afterall. :O Also, Riverside is a mindblowing band - they are a bit hard to get into, but trust me. One of the greatest bands of the new millennium.

I couldn't agree more. Riverside is actually one of the greatest attractions for me this year, however a good friend has pushed Falconer on my ears a bit more & I have found out just exactly how excellent they are.

Overall, I must concur that this years lineup is terrific, I don't know when I'll have the time to eat !
:kickass:

=========================================================

Morgana Lefay

So this band is not at all what I thought they would sound like based on their name. These guys almost have a kind of black metal sound to them but damn I love this song that they picked for this video. It’s really dark and really heavy yet classic sounding. I think I’m going to dig these guys.

This is one of those bands that could really blow the roof off of the place if they really bring it.

Bryant

I love the smell of self righteous elitism in the morning.

LOL!

You come to this forum, tout your fame as a blogger, flame the hell out of some of the most beloved bands in the prog/power scene, and get all butt hurt when we call you out for it.

And I'm a self righteous elitist?

P.S. On second thought, I will own the term elitist. I am an unashamed and unapologetic elitist. I love all of those "diarehea of the fingers" [SIC] bands which you so offhandedly dismiss. I love them precisely because they display a level of musical sophistication which elevates them above the mundanity of pop culture. Prog snob and proud. \m/

As far as the self righteous label is concerned, I'd like to think that the truly righteous are living a notch or three above my daily struggle.

P.S. On second thought, I will own the term elitist. I am an unashamed and unapologetic elitist. I love all of those "diarehea of the fingers" [SIC] bands which you so offhandedly dismiss. I love them precisely because they display a level of musical sophistication which elevates them above the mundanity of pop culture. Prog snob and proud. m/

As far as the self righteous label is concerned, I'd like to think that the truly righteous are living a notch or three above my daily struggle.

METTLE IS SERIEUS BUSYNESS.

Fine. No problem. Then why did he choose to bring it up? Why draw attention to the fact that he lives in Atlanta, but couldn't be bothered to make the scene? I didn't make him post it. Geez.

Gotta agree here, almost thought this was originally a troll post at first.....

AND to Mr. Brainfart, Welcome! If you haven't already, do some reading here on the history of this fest, and get to know the passion that the fans who make the annual pilgrimage to this fest have shown for well over a decade. For me, half of the fest was about the music, the other half is about seeing the people whom I've forged friendships with over the years. You'll be hard pressed to find a better bunch of folks to spend a week(end) with.

METTLE IS SERIEUS BUSYNESS.

Wow THAT was really insightful....:guh:

Gotta agree here, almost thought this was originally a troll post at first.....

AND to Mr. Brainfart, Welcome! If you haven't already, do some reading here on the history of this fest, and get to know the passion that the fans who make the annual pilgrimage to this fest have shown for well over a decade. For me, half of the fest was about the music, the other half is about seeing the people whom I've forged friendships with over the years. You'll be hard pressed to find a better bunch of folks to spend a week(end) with.

Wow THAT was really insightful....:guh:

:kickass:

Yeah yeah. Blah blah blah. I'm such a fun hater. LOL!

Izzat you!?

2514280_orig.jpg