The oddest of the odd ball slot suggestions

GoRillaBoy76

you can call me RRrrr!!
Aug 22, 2008
OK I know that their is nothing Prog or Power about this band. But I would love to see them and progpower is about the only concert i go to a year now. but i would love to see....

LORDI.

I am a huge of their music, (I am also a huge horror genre fanboy), and even if the music does not fit, it would be fun to see.

I knew that but I thought I mights as well swing for the fences.

"And there's a long drive! Trouble if it's fair..............but it's just wide of the foul-pole." :)

Heck, Glenn could get GWAR for cheaper. But the venue might not want red goo everywhere. :lol:

for the odd band i would like to see some melodic rock something lighter like Danger Danger, or Magnum i love heavy metal as much as the next guy but im also a huge fan of hard rock/AOR just as much.

I knew that but I thought I mights as well swing for the fences.

I meant I'd never wanna see them at ProgPower. Hell, Gwar is the real one and better, and yet I don't wanna see them at ProgPower.

Then again, it'd be fun to get fake blood and guts splattered all over the crowd. Hahahaha

I don't think most people understand what is meant by "oddball", as it relates to ProgPower...

Oddball:
adjective
Pronunciation: \ˈäd-ˌbȯl\
: a method for disguising a band that utilizes a harsh vocal as somehow being progressive, without pissing off Prog Metal purist.
Example: This year's oddball band will be Mercenary (Into Eternity, Raintime, etc.).

Zod

Well sorry say guys but I have to agree with gorillaboy. They are awesome in my book. Have seen them live and they put on a great show. I would see them any day over the tired ass bands that play the progpower this year. Yes this means I am skipping this year. And no not because the the recession like a lot of the people here. I simply hate the bands. So cast your stones on me now. But LORDI RULES!!!!

Lordi NOW tours the US regularly. They're not oddball anymore.
Heck, their first big gig was the Bamboozle festival in Giant's Stadium @ East Rutherford a few years back!!!
AND!!!!! They've performed on Late Night With Conan O'Brian.

I second the call for Van Canto, but extend the invite to any RIVAL a capella groups doing what VC do. Maybe a Black Metal Rockapella group?

edit: Ulver now performs live gigs. Check teh youtubes. Perfect answer.