The Worse Band(s) You've Ever Seen in a Live Environment

Yeah. Even Jesus Christ must be laughing at these guys.

Laughing. Then crying.

1262374845371.jpg

I'm not 100% sure it was Emmure, but I'm pretty sure it was their frontman who said Limp Bizkit was his main influence (and not in a joking way either, completely serious).

Darkest Hour used to be awesome. One of the best metalcore bands around. Their past 2 or 3 records have been major stinkers and it seems like it's taken a toll on their live show for some reason. They've been really bad the past few times I've seen em but they used to be a great live band. A shame.

Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation rules. Converge meets At The Gates.

I'm not 100% sure it was Emmure, but I'm pretty sure it was their frontman who said Limp Bizkit was his main influence (and not in a joking way either, completely serious).

That's cool. Nathan Explosion is my main influence. I basically want to be just like him, when I grow up.

:D

YES. This x10,000. Paradise Lost was SO BORING!!!

Heard this from a lot of people. It's a shame because they are amazing on CD.

it is interesting that people only chose bands they dont like...my list has bands that I consider myself a big fan of....

I didn't!!! I chose one of my favorite new bands!

*bangs head on desk*

And yet.. the management refuses to see the problem with this. I HATE THIS SHIT. I came to hear about dragons and hobbits, not see some jackass growl themself hoarse while their drummer bangs on a Walmart drum kit!

Considering how boring most power metal shows are (unless you're Hammerfall or Edguy), the latter sounds way more fun to see. :):D

Considering how boring most power metal shows are (unless you're Hammerfall or Edguy), the latter sounds way more fun to see. :):D

:O Primal Fear is not boring!! Poor band got the shaft when it came to that show, and their production was AMAZING. It was like a private show. SAD.

I stopped caring about them after their last 2 or 3 CDs (I believe once they left NB was pretty much when I stopped paying attention to their output), but I could imagine them being fun live.

:O Primal Fear is not boring!! Poor band got the shaft when it came to that show, and their production was AMAZING. It was like a private show. SAD.

It seems to me that the fans in your area have an "interesting" taste in live bands...

Powerglove draws a lot (overdrawing Firewind, the headliner), but yet Primal Fear plays for an empty house? What kind of lunatics do that? :lol:

I think the most disappointed I've ever been with a band was Guns N Roses when they were with Metallica and Faith No More on the stadium tour - '92 I think. Waited at least an hour and a half after Metallica for Axl to get out there only to watch a band look disinterested, strictly play their hits, endure Axls meaningless costume changes, performing scripted acts like Slash predictablyplaying the solo on the piano for November Rain, and so on. GnR was the real deal back in the day and I had owned all their albums, so it wasn't like I didn't like the music.

It seems to me that the fans in your area have an "interesting" taste in live bands...

Powerglove draws a lot (overdrawing Firewind, the headliner), but yet Primal Fear plays for an empty house? What kind of lunatics do that? :lol:

Yeah, it's basically bizarro world, down here. At least Doro got a good reception this fall, but the time she played before that, a year or so ago, there were like, 30 people.

Whoa I didn't see this. Will definitely have to pull a "Neil" on you now since you stink so much at liking good bands. :lol: hahahahaha

:lol: Seriously!? I don't know dude, maybe it's their style... I saw them opening for Kreator back in 2005 I think... during the Enemy of God tour. Kreator was absolutely incredible! Napalm Death, however, made me angry I didn't show up late. :lol:

And you better not pull a Neil. :lol:

They are the epitome of unbridled pissed-offitude. I saw them headline with Kataklysm-- Kataklysm had two side stage scrims and a giant banner behind them. ND came out right after and they had jack shit. Barney (their singer) was in a leg brace (and actually rocked it so hard he broke his finger on stage and STILL kept going) and they looked completely exhausted. They brought it so hard, harder than almost any band I've ever seen and they're in their 40's/50's? On top of that, they actually had something to say beyond "STAY METAL BROTHERS, HAIL AND KILL."

Kataklysm was pretty sweet too though, and I had low expectations for them.

What I'm getting at is that I can be objective in terms of my musical taste vs. a live performance. I can hate a band's music, but have no problem stating they are a great live band based on my personal criteria.

It would appear that others cannot. That's fine as long as you are being up front about it.

It's also possible that it just wasn't personally enjoyable on any level. Seeing a band elict a response from a single audience does not make it a fact that "X is a good Live band." ... I was bored to TEARS during Vanden Plas AND Pagan's Mind at Progpower 4, I simply could not tell you why people enjoy those bands, because all I observed was 2 boring as shit bands and an audience nutting over them for no reason.

Clearly, I'm wrong when it comes to the PP crowd, but, objectively, I absolutely can't fathom why.

Disturbed is hit or miss live. The first time I saw them they were boring as fuck, Draiman's voice was shot and they just stood there not moving at all. The next time I saw them they were a complete 180. Go figure.

One band who was awful is The Chariot. I can't remember who they opened for but I was in the front right against the stage and it was all I could do not to vomit from the smell of their feet and ass cracks. Take a fucking shower next time you douchebags!