This tour sounds very cool!

Purveyor Of Evil

Heavy Metal, INC.
Mar 17, 2003
Hughestown, PA.
Visit site
ARCH ENEMY, DARK TRANQUILLITY, DIVINE HERESY, FIREWIND Announce Toronto, New York Shows
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 at 23:31:07 EST

ARCH ENEMY, DARK TRANQUILLITY, DIVINE HERESY and FIREWIND have teamed for a North American tour package. Thus far two shows have been announced. They are:

May
11 - New York, NY - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza
16 - Toronto, ON - Opera House

Tickets for both concerts are available through TicketMaster.

A diverse tour. I love all four bands so it's a win-win situation! Now, let's get us a Philadelphia date!

Sounds very cool. I hope they play Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. Not a big fan of going to Irving Plaza. This should be a great tour to get Firewind a lot more exposure. I really want to see them since I missed them opening for Sonata Arctica last year at BB Kings.

ARCH ENEMY, DARK TRANQUILLITY, DIVINE HERESY, FIREWIND Announce Toronto, New York Shows
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 at 23:31:07 EST

ARCH ENEMY, DARK TRANQUILLITY, DIVINE HERESY and FIREWIND have teamed for a North American tour package. Thus far two shows have been announced. They are:

May
11 - New York, NY - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza
16 - Toronto, ON - Opera House

Tickets for both concerts are available through TicketMaster.

A diverse tour. I love all four bands so it's a win-win situation! Now, let's get us a Philadelphia date!

Wow. I'd love to see that tour!

Let's hope for a Midwest date!

Bill

I love FIREWIND but they really don't fit this bill. I guess I'll have to wait to see them again another time.:mad:
Actually, I think it's great to mix it up. Just like the more melodic bands tend to take out the emo, screamo, metalcore shit, this is the opposite. The more death, harsh vocal bands taking the more melodic band to open. Excellent.

Actually, I think it's great to mix it up. Just like the more melodic bands tend to take out the emo, screamo, metalcore shit, this is the opposite. The more death, harsh vocal bands taking the more melodic band to open. Excellent.

That's just how business works. When you book a bill full of bands of the same style, you just get the fans of that one style at the show. When you book a bunch of bands across several styles you get fans of all those different styles, which means more ticket sales and more exposure for the bands.

Sounds very cool. I hope they play Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. Not a big fan of going to Irving Plaza. This should be a great tour to get Firewind a lot more exposure. I really want to see them since I missed them opening for Sonata Arctica last year at BB Kings.
Well, I prefer the Starland too, since it's closer, but I rather like Irving Plaza. Especially, since I can usually find free street parking, very unusual in NYC. So, I'm a definite for this one, though if they add a date in Jersey, that's my first choice.
See y'all there. :headbang:

For fans like me that cant stand Death Metal/growl vocals this tour stinks.

The only reason I'll be going is because I wont have to pay. Once Firewind is done, I'm gone.

At least have 2 melodic bands to even it out.

For fans like me that cant stand Death Metal/growl vocals this tour stinks.

The only reason I'll be going is because I wont have to pay. Once Firewind is done, I'm gone.

At least have 2 melodic bands to even it out.

Dude, Dark Tranquillity is very, very melodic, especially their most recent 2 albums.

I'm most definitely going to see this tour. Firewind and Dark Tranquility are fucking killer bands live, Arch Enemy used to be good imo, now they're just average. I look forward to see this show!!

Dude, Dark Tranquillity is very, very melodic, especially their most recent 2 albums.

Sorry but I dont consider screaming into a mic "melodic". The music can have a melodic tone all it wants, but its the vocals that set the MELODY unless you're an instrumental band.

Musically the band is good, vocally I cant stand it.

If its used as an effect in a band or a small passage in a chorus or verse I dont mind but song after song of the screaming just fucking annoys me.