This tour sounds very cool!

Not just on recent albums...The Gallery has some of the best melodies in their history...still my favorite album of theirs. But yes, nothing but melody from Dark Tranquillity.

QFT. Right now, DT are the quintessence of 'good' melodeath, and unlike Soilwork or In Flames, haven't really changed their sound to appeal to younger American audiences. :kickass:

Hope this tour comes here!

Based on your assertion, I'd suppose that you would agree that drums and only drums set the rhythm and beat?

Yes the drums set the beat. Even if you are playing a non drum track...take for example an acoustic song with no drum parts......what are you doing? Counting the beats either in your head to stay in "time" or tapping your foot which technically is a part of "drumming".

Yes the drums set the beat. Even if you are playing a non drum track...take for example an acoustic song with no drum parts......what are you doing? Counting the beats either in your head to stay in "time" or tapping your foot which technically is a part of "drumming".

Ah, then that means the guitarists are controlling the tempo without need of a drummer .... just like the guitarists can play the melody without need of a vocalist. The vocalist can sing atonally for all we care, but the guitars can set the melody just fine. Just as the guitarist can 'drum' (as in your acoustic example), so too can he 'sing'.

Now, time to listen to Moonshield...

Ah, then that means the guitarists are controlling the tempo without need of a drummer .... just like the guitarists can play the melody without need of a vocalist. The vocalist can sing atonally for all we care, but the guitars can set the melody just fine. Just as the guitarist can 'drum' (as in your acoustic example), so too can he 'sing'.

Now, time to listen to Moonshield...

HAHAHA, glam dude got pwned. Counting the beats in your head is drumming? The hell it is. That's like saying the whole concept of tempo is drumming. Tell that to most classical composers.

Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquillity are tons melodic, Drumrguy, and if you weren't living in the musical cave known as the 80s, you'd know that they (DT, I mean) have plenty clean vocals. And even still, the fact you only care about a bands with a very specific vocal style shows how narrow-minded you are.

Yeah yeah yeah, I heard it... Not bad, but didn't strike me as hard as Anthems of Wages...
The production on the new album blows. Excellent songs, though. Andy Sneap's production was way better. Fatter, thicker, way better drum sound. The new album sounds thin, flat, and the drums are basically inaudible. Frederick Nordstrom screwed the pooch big time on this one, IMO. If it wasn't broken, why fix it?

The production on the new album blows. Excellent songs, though. Andy Sneap's production was way better. Fatter, thicker, way better drum sound. The new album sounds thin, flat, and the drums are basically inaudible. Frederick Nordstrom screwed the pooch big time on this one, IMO. If it wasn't broken, why fix it?

Disagree. Andy Sneap is an overrated and horrible producer. Nordstrom's production is way better... sounds very similar to the old days with Johan Liiiva.

I love Fredrik Nordstrom's production and mix on everyone else's stuff, but he ruined "Rise of the Tyrant" for me. Too thin, flat, and lacking punch in the drums and bass departments. Andy Sneap lets everyone be heard and I prefer his production and mix better for EVERYONE I've ever heard him work with. IMO. I'd also like to see what Achim Kohler could've done on this album. I like his work, also.

I love Fredrik Nordstrom's production and mix on everyone else's stuff, but he ruined "Rise of the Tyrant" for me. Too thin, flat, and lacking punch in the drums and bass departments. Andy Sneap lets everyone be heard and I prefer his production and mix better for EVERYONE I've ever heard him work with. IMO. I'd also like to see what Achim Kohler could've done on this album. I like his work, also.

Sneap's drum samples sound like ass and his mixes make everything sound sterile and mechanical and way over edited.. I hate it. Some bands like Nevermore make it work but for that Swedish sound shit has to sound a bit raw. Tis the laws of the universe.