This tour sounds very cool!

i assume Firewind is opening? prolly only get like 30 mins. Dont think i will drive 3 hours to see them play 30 mins. Dont like any of the other bands on the bill.

I'm guessing Firewind is on the tour as a "thank you" to Gus G when he filled in as a touring guitarist for Arch Enemy on the Ozzfest in 2005.

More like this tour was put together by Century Media and Firewind has a new album coming out/had a successful first round of dates in the US so it made sense to put them on. Arch Enemy doesn't book bands... lol.

More like this tour was put together by Century Media and Firewind has a new album coming out/had a successful first round of dates in the US so it made sense to put them on. Arch Enemy doesn't book bands... lol.

They don't book bands, but they're more than able to make suggestions to the booking agency. I'm sure AE and Gus are good friends by now, and who wouldn't want to tour with their friends?

Century Media doesn't book bands either. Arch Enemy has a booking agent in North America. They book the tour. All of the bands but Firewind are with the same booking agency in North America. The booking agent could have easily picked another one of their bands to open this.

They don't book bands, but they're more than able to make suggestions to the booking agency. I'm sure AE and Gus are good friends by now, and who wouldn't want to tour with their friends?

I agree, I'm sure they put in a suggestion for Firewind as the opener. If I recall, Opeth has said that they had Devildriver booked on some of their past US tours because they like the guys in the band. I'm guessing AE had some input here.

Absolutely! Except for DIVINE HERESY who are fairly brutal, ARCH ENEMY, DARK TRANQUILLITY, and FIREWIND are all extremely melodic. Now, I'm waiting for the growl police to say, "Really? The vocals aren't melodic, though." If you take the music as a whole and not separate the voice from the music and see the big picture, then yes, the vocals fit the melodies of the music. Therefore, making it all melodic. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Century Media doesn't book bands either. Arch Enemy has a booking agent in North America. They book the tour. All of the bands but Firewind are with the same booking agency in North America. The booking agent could have easily picked another one of their bands to open this.

Yeah CM buys out tours as does Nuclear Blast and Roadrunner. This isn't news...

95% of the time, the headliner has no say in who's on the tour. Arch Enemy is not in that 5%, rest assured.

I've heard of quite a few headlining acts doing just that.

It depends on the tour. This has "bought out by Century Media" written all over it and is probably the case. It's just like that Metal For The Masses tour last year. Yes there were Nuclear Blast bands on it (well... only one Nuclear Blast band... haha), but it was organized by CM since that's their compilation.

It's rare that the headliner has a say in the bands on the tour. I'm sure there are suggestions but there are plenty of other factors that go into who gets on a tour. Most of the time it boils down to $$$.