What is the best band in the ProgPower?

Agreed. Edguy could steal the thunder from the more popular bands. Just like Angel Dust and Evergrey stole the show at PPUSA 2.0. But I also have high hopes for Angra.

i'm flying from far east to see Angra, and Silent Force. i'll see Edguy, Angra, and Blind Guardian before the fest, but i think it's still worth visiting there..
then, Gamma Ray, Pain Of Saluvation, Threshold.
i haven't heard the other three artists, so i'm looking forward to checking them out too!

Originally posted by junnie from the east
i'm flying from far east to see Angra, and Silent Force. i'll see Edguy, Angra, and Blind Guardian before the fest, but i think it's still worth visiting there..

Are you going to see Edguy support Rhapsody in Japan? That is a dream concert for me (just after PP 3.0).

Otherwise, for me, Edguy - without any shadow of doubt - would be the best and most anticipated band to see this year. Avantasia II is only a matter of weeks away too....

After Edguy, I'll go with Gamma Ray, Angra, and BG in any order.

When Glenn was first rounding up the bands for PP 3.0, he was trying to get Rhapsody to join the bill, but they couldn't make it. That would have been the icing on the already-near-perfect cake!! :)

May 5th in Japan should be an awesome day. We'd love to hear a review from you after the concert!

Originally posted by LucioArgento
That would have been the icing on the already-near-perfect cake!! :)

oh yeah i agree.. but maybe next year? :)
sure i'll try to write something like review...

last night i went to the fan meeting of Shaman, Andre Matos (ex. Angra)'s new band. they sounded more aggressive than Angra, even though they were much orchestrated with some sound effect of Quena, Ocarina,etc. i think the whole album will be great, it will be released here on 21st June. you might like it too! please check them out :)

Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian are two of my favorite all time bands. To have even the slimmest of chances of seeing them play in the US is a dream come true. All the others are just icing on the cake :D

you can't possibly expect me to choose?
DO YOU?! :D

I am happy to see all the bands that are performing! although I have some personal favorites......I can't possibly say one is better than another!

It's all Prog....it's all power.....and bottom line...IT'S ALL METAL!!!!

:worship:

Dustin

I am really looking forward to the Pain of Salvation show. I unfortunately could not make it to Chicago for PPI, and I heard GREAT things about their performance!

Has anyone here seen PoS live? Does their raw emotion come across in a live setting as it does on their discs? Daniel is a very deep person...I can't wait to see how he translates his music physically and emotionally to the audience.

Is it November yet??? :)

Edguy...Edguy...Edguy...Edguy...Edguy!!!

Worth the price of admission, flights, hotel rooms, and taxis alone!

Originally posted by Edu_Falaschi
Without a shadow of doubt Angra will rlz this festival.

i just bought their new CD "Hunters and Prey" today, which turned out to be fantastic!!! as much i have expected :) Edu is one of the greatest singer who can express deep emotin. and i'm very much impressed by their new drummer. hmmm i can't wait to see them live!! :)

Originally posted by junnie from the east

i just bought their new CD "Hunters and Prey" today...

Wow - how did you get it so soon even in Japan? Their website have only just published the cover art, but there was no mention of release. It just says it will be out in either May or June.

:confused: