What is the best band in the ProgPower?

You do realize I never said the banter was not worthwhile... : )
I would never be one to say anything against free speech, especially when it comes down to music. As for Pos, I own OHBtCL and find it okay, but to me, they just don't have any edge to capture my attention. It's not just on record either, I gave them a shot at PP1.0 and felt the same way after seeing them live. I will check out a tune or 2 in Atlanta, but I don't think I'll be a convert overnight. Having never seen Devin live except w/Vai, I can't make any comments on his other stuff, but I'll be checking out his set at PP3.0 as well. As for cd reviews, they may sprk my interest, but I prefer to sample some MP3s on my own before making any purchase decisions. Since tastes vary so much from person to person, there aren't a lot of people who's reviews/reccommendations will make me run out and grab a cd,
especially if it's someone I never heard before. It's all good, and ALWAYS an interwsting read!

J-Dubya

Sure - that is why my final sentence said that 'like you, I find this all an interesting read'. :D I think we're on the same page!

There is a ton of music coming out these days from all metal walks of life. I just can't keep up - and I don't just mean progressive or power, I refer to Gothenburg, Viking, Symphony, Old School, Gothic etc.

So regarding reviews, I'll typically read three or four separate reviews and if they all concur on how great a CD is, I'll then check out the MP3! Otherwise I could be downloading MP3's all day. And if I like what I hear, I'll buy it - no problems.

Buying CDs is a hobby - like any other collection.

i'm glad to find the fellow Aqiuilles fan, rushzil2112! rhysm section is very important to me when i listen to the music. i saw a video tape of the last tour in Brazil, and his play was great :) i can't wait to see their live... next month!

Edu, yes i have 3 albums from Viper, but after-Andre era. :p there is 2 versions of Hunters and Prey and one is in English and another is in Portuguase. i love that song! latin percussions and cutting of the rhysm guitar is just unique!

well talking about PoS, i like their world. their lyrics and music makes me think, look into myself deeply, i'm looking forward to seeing thier live too. i think it's just cool that we can hear their music after midnight... :)

I just purchased Angra's "Rebirth"... awesome album! Never like Angra with Andre... but Edu is a great singer!

Oh.. and Edguy sucks !

Isn't funny? u bought a Viper's CD in Japan and I can;t find any here in US!!!
All teh CDs i have i had to ask my mom to send to me from Brazil... if u don;t know try to find the song Living for The Night.

Yes, rhythm section is very important for me considering I am a drummer. The drumming on Angra's first cd is really good, considering it is Alex Holzworth, and the other drummer was good, but Aquilles just has more balls and flavor to his playing over the previous angra drumming. The one drummer I am really looking forward to see play is Thomen from Blind Guardian, that guy is a beast. Dan Zimmerman is another drummer I really can't wait to see. I enjoyed Spiral Architect last year so much because they have the best rhtyhm section around. Asgeir and Lars are just amazing as all hell, and they played all of that stuff with such ease. Also, Ark, macaluso and coven, damn, it was so awesome. Tons of people keep on going on how good evergrey was, and they didn't impress me much. It was Ark that stole progpower 2 for me, with kamelot following them. I think the big surprise this year is seriously going to be Threshold. Not to many people have heard much from them, because nobody talks about them on this forum at all. Clone and Hypothetical are amazing cds, and I am really looking forward to see them and silent force, they are going to be the 2 big surprises and amazers. All of the bands are, but these 2 bands are going to show they can keep up and are as good as the other bands.

I bought a Threshold CD simply because they are going to be at ProgPower, I have yet to hear however. I also agree that Ark stole the show last year, never heard them until ProgPower, and now they are one of my favorite bands! Can't wait to see any of the bands from this year, they are all going to be killer! I also agree about Evergrey. I really didn't get into them until before the concert...I had all three albums which I enjoy very much...but it was towards the end of three very long days, and I was just beat...maybe next year!