Who are your top 5 vocalists to replace Khan?

It took me a while to digest Poetry for the Poisoned, but it's a really solid record.

I'd love to have been able to see Khan doing some of the songs, but it wasn't meant to be.

I'm totally with you on this one.. I will say the one thing that left me a bit disappointed (and I thought I'd NEVER say this) was Khan's voice - it sounded as if the passion wasn't there anymore... It kept me from really getting into the songs completely..

Best of luck to whomever fronts Kamelot - I still love the band and will continue to do so...

And I'm totally NOT kewl with Tommy leaving SW for Kamelot.. no no no no no :)

Any love for Mark Vanderbilt? :)

Olaf Hayer (Luca Turilli, Magic Kingdom, Symphonity)
Pasi Rantanen (ex Thunderstone)
Dan Keying (Cydonia)
Jake E (Dreamland, Dignity)
Leszek "Leo" Szpigiel (ex Scanner, ex Mekong Delta)

I'm not trying to kiss Urban's ass here, but I believe he'd be a great candidate for KAMELOT.

1. The talent vocally is there. We know that.
2. He's an excellent showman/frontman.
3. He is a songwriter, also.
Agreed. I've been trying to imagine many of the other singers mentioned in Kamelot and while it could work, I'm not feeling it. Urban is an instant win to me. The voice, the look, the energy would fit, IMO.

Side note: really hoping to hear more from SW soon.

Thanks for your support as always mate , much appreciated, hopefully on the next album we will finally reach your part of the world and then we can have a beer :)
Hi to the rest of you guys as well :)

Cheers

Chris VP :)

Looking forward to hear the new album, as well as possibly seeing you guys live! Cheers!

Top 3 singers choices with singers no longer in their original band:
1) Andre Matos
2) John West
3) Christian Liljegren

If the following 5 didn't have a band they would work too, but I don't want any of them leaving their band.

1) Tommy Karevik (Seventh Wonder)
2) Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus)
3) David Fremberg (Andromeda)
4) Russell Allen (Symphony X)
5) Ralph Scheepers (Primal Fear)

I'm hoping they go with an unknown vocalist...

Chad Barnes currently singing for DRAEKON used to sing for a Kamelot tribute band in North Carolina and the first time I heard him singing a Draekon song, his voice sent shivers down my spine!

So....

I booked DRAEKON to play at our Warriors Of Metal Fest IV Open Air right away.

They play on Friday, June 17th at the Fronrier Rance in Pataskala, Ohio where our new venue is.

They will support such bands as SACRED DAWN, A TORTURED SOUL, VINDICATOR and the headliner, WIDOW

Check them out at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1118034233#!/pages/Draekon/139362296080552?sk=app_2405167945

Enjoy :headbang:

Datis
Warriors Of Metal Fest Open Air Booking

Chad Barnes currently singing for DRAEKON used to sing for a Kamelot tribute band in North Carolina and the first time I heard him singing a Draekon song, his voice sent shivers down my spine!

So....

I booked DRAEKON to play at our Warriors Of Metal Fest IV Open Air right away.

They play on Friday, June 17th at the Fronrier Rance in Pataskala, Ohio where our new venue is.

They will support such bands as SACRED DAWN, A TORTURED SOUL, VINDICATOR and the headliner, WIDOW

Check them out at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1118034233#!/pages/Draekon/139362296080552?sk=app_2405167945

Enjoy :headbang:

Datis
Warriors Of Metal Fest Open Air Booking

Awesome sound, great vocalist

I'm hoping they go with an unknown vocalist...

+1!!!! I'm so sick of bands replacing singers with a singer that sings in 5 other bands. Why would you want your band to sound like every other project that singer has done (jorn, apollo, etc)?? Find someone new, it's not like there are no good singers out there that aren't already in bands. I would hate to see Tommy or Michael take this gig. Love them as singers, but love them in the bands they are already in.

+1!!!! I'm so sick of bands replacing singers with a singer that sings in 5 other bands. Why would you want your band to sound like every other project that singer has done (jorn, apollo, etc)?? Find someone new, it's not like there are no good singers out there that aren't already in bands. I would hate to see Tommy or Michael take this gig. Love them as singers, but love them in the bands they are already in.

Agreed. Then again, people hate drastic change especially when needed.

@ ADAHER - "Jake from Amaranthe".... Hmm... I'd like to see that audition tape. Heck, out of curiousity, I'd like to see the audition tape with a healthy Geoff Tate singing Kamelot. It might be interesting in my opinion.

I must admit, I'm not educated in the vast array of talented vocalists, so I'm gonna shut up now. I'll stick with topics I know more about. :)

Shit Alabama!
I did not expect this to rock as it did:

Fuck -he just plain slays everything.

Extra bonus is the "somewhat" excited girl you can hear towards the end of the clip *ha, ha*!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an unknow vocalist that might just fit the bill as Khan's replacement, he is awesome, and so is the guitar player.

Last edited by a moderator: