Your 2010 TOP TEN LIST

What are you making that claim on? CD SaleS?

My incredible brain power!

Just curious. As a US metal fan, those three have seemed to always be the same in popularity.

I've seen all of them several times at festivals around Europe and from my personal experience (which of course doesn't count for much), GD has gotten "less desirable" slots on those festivals than Rage and RW.

Ah well. Regardless, I still think GD kick out the jams. Power metal with ballz, the way it should be! :headbang:

Absolutely. I like the band a lot, and Chris is a good buddy of mine.

Eh, I think a lot of people dislike them, esp in the metal community, as they have zero credibility as a metal band. Period. Right or wrong, that immediately turns them off for a lot of people.
I agree that they have zero credibility in the Metal community. Similarly, Lamb of God lack have very little credibility in the Metal community. It's why I often question the credibility of the Metal community.

For me personally, I just simply think they suck, all the way around.
Fair enough.

I think musically it is about as insulting as Blink 182.
Insulting? I'm not sure I follow.

Similarly, Lamb of God lack have very little credibility in the Metal community.

Musically, while I do not care for them, Lamb of God are metal.
It's their vocalist that is an abomination to their craft.

Insulting? I'm not sure I follow.

It's pop metal at best. I don't like it, nor do I find it interesting.
Yes, their songs are easily recognizable, because there is nothing unique from one song to another. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bands we ALL like who have songs that don't differ from each other. If you like it, like it. I just find their music to be written in the same verse-chorus-verse structure as any other pop music (ala - Blink 182, Green Day, Nickelback, etc).

Don't take it personal.
It's music. It's entertainment. If you like it you like it.

I like KISS, yet I would agree they fall into this same mainstream pop songwriting formula.

I just happen to cringe whenever I hear Disturbed. :loco:

Musically, while I do not care for them, Lamb of God are metal. It's their vocalist that is an abomination to their craft.
I dig Randy's vocals... it works with the music and I love his lyrics. Also, he's a hell of a frontman. He had the entire venue in the palm of his hand. The entire band for the matter, is just a machine live. I saw them open for Megadeth on Gigantour. They blew the doors off the place.

Don't take it personal.
Not at all. We all like what we like. And if we all liked the same thing, someone would start a thread and everyone would simply respond back with, "I agree." As Diabolik pointed out, these threads illustrate just how different our individual tastes are, even within this small corner of the music world.

Not at all. We all like what we like. And if we all liked the same thing, someone would start a thread and everyone would simply respond back with, "I agree." As Diabolik pointed out, these threads illustrate just how different our individual tastes are, even within this small corner of the music world.

Right on!! Glad you see it this way.
Yeah, I just don't hold back about anything music related.
Though when I say I don't care for a band, I try my best to explain why.
I would never resort to simply saying, "Band X sucks"

Manilla Road and Trouble are a couple of my all time favorite bands.
You know darn well I take a lot of crap for that!!! :loco:

1. Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
2. Sevendust - Cold Day Memory
3. Haken - Aquarius
4. Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied Pt. 2
5. Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned
6. Solution .45 - For Aeons Past
7. Shadyon - Mind Control
8. Fracture - Simple Chaos
9. Creation's End - A New Beginning
10. Tetrafusion - Altered State

Grave Digger - The Clans Will Rise Again
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Accept - Blood of the Nations
Tank - War Machine
Spiritual Beggars - Return to Zero
Star One - Victims of the Modern Age
Helstar - Glory of Chaos
Overkill - Ironbound
Spocks Beard - X
The Shadow Theory - Behind the Black Veil

This is a tough task. 2010 had a lot of great releases. These are my favorites:

1 Volbeat: Beyond Hell, Above Heaven
2 Y&T: Facemelter
3 Pretty Maids: Pandemonium
4 Line of Fire: Momentum
5 Orphaned Land: The Neverending Way of ORwarriOR
6 Allen-Lande: The Showdown
7 Angra : Aqua
8 James Labrie: A Static Impulse
9 Treat: Coup de Grace
10 Houston: Houston

I dig Randy's vocals... it works with the music and I love his lyrics. Also, he's a hell of a frontman. He had the entire venue in the palm of his hand. The entire band for the matter, is just a machine live. I saw them open for Megadeth on Gigantour. They blew the doors off the place.

I would have to second this. While I don't like their early, early stuff Ashes onward are great imo.

Once again, I'm bringing up the rear. I base my favorites on my iPod playlist, which I reset every January. Sort by plays, and that must be my favorite, right? Obviously you can see the flaw in the system, if an album just came out, like the new Seventh Wonder, but still, it's a good tracker for me.

My two top plays this year, by a decent margin according to the master iPod:

Heavenly - Carp Diem
Wuthering Heights - Salt

Salt was 2010, and Carp Diem was almost...December of 2009.

Late to the game:

Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape
Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age
Sabaton - Coat Of Arms

Other shocker was how high Fairy Land's Score To A New Beginning (2009) got played. I really have never liked the band all that much, but that album is great.

I don't have most of the 2010 releases from the looks of the lists on here, so I better get busy. Expect a year late posting next year this time....