Your first show of 2007?

*jealous*

they haven't played Atlanta since probably before the Bloodletting album. *sigh* :erk: and outside of the prog/power scene, Overkill may very well be my favorite metal band.

How about this????? Overkill, Galactic Cowboys, and Anacrusis at the masquerade....probably around 91 I think. On the Horrorscope tour. OMG!!!!! Me & Glen were at that show, we were like 15. My parents took us to the thing, and Blitz ended up talking to them for about 10 minutes while they sat in the parking lot in their car. It was really funny....

Quite Possibly catching Phil-Prog up-and-comers Neruda in Cebu City, Philippines with my fiance in late January. (I will be on vacation. I am NOT traveling all the way to Asia just to catch them. lol :lol: :kickass:

How about this????? Overkill, Galactic Cowboys, and Anacrusis at the masquerade....probably around 91 I think. On the Horrorscope tour. OMG!!!!! Me & Glen were at that show, we were like 15. My parents took us to the thing, and Blitz ended up talking to them for about 10 minutes while they sat in the parking lot in their car. It was really funny....

I went to that tour in Denver to see Anacrusis (had seen Overkill a bunch when i lived on the east coast). Great show, i was prolly the only one there to see Anacrusis, and also liked GC (the rest of the crowd was getting a bit restless for Overkilll to come on). Hungout on the Anacrusis bus afterwards - nice guys - and the fact that they didnt drink (only had coca cola on the bus if i recall) prolly saved me from getting a dwi taht night :) Listenend to the original version of "I Love The World" - by some new wave band - shockingly bad - cant believe they were able to turn that song into something good :)

The fact that this show was 15 years ago doesn't make me old - does it?
jeff

Testament with Vicious Rumors and Ruffians at the Independent Club in San Francisco on January 27th, can't wait to see that show!!!

Would love to make it to San Fran for that show!!! Would be a great birthday present! Just an expensive trip to take right after Christmas.... Wish they'd make their way down south....

Last night-- Jucifer-- easily one of the heaviest live bands ever....
jucifer2007.gif

.....that's the way i hate Italy and Rome,where i live..i haven't good shows to see on january....maybe in the underground...:mad:

I have a a hidden guilty pleasure for Southern Rock, and the Outlaws fit that pretty good. Cheap Trick would be a date thing, for us old fogeys who remember when they were the shiznit. Don't like a lot of their newwer stuff, but the first couple still get some play around here. I did just find out about BX3 (Sheehan, Hamm, Berlin) will be playing in Chicago on Feb. 16......

J-Dubya

Overkill/Metal Church/Meliah Rage/Belladonna at BB Kings-Jan 28th

Overkill has always been one of my favorite bands. Its been a lot harder to see them since I moved to Atl. When I lived in NYC you could see them 10 times a year sometimes even more.

I went to that tour in Denver to see Anacrusis (had seen Overkill a bunch when i lived on the east coast). Great show, i was prolly the only one there to see Anacrusis, and also liked GC (the rest of the crowd was getting a bit restless for Overkilll to come on). Hungout on the Anacrusis bus afterwards - nice guys - and the fact that they didnt drink (only had coca cola on the bus if i recall) prolly saved me from getting a dwi taht night :) Listenend to the original version of "I Love The World" - by some new wave band - shockingly bad - cant believe they were able to turn that song into something good :)

The fact that this show was 15 years ago doesn't make me old - does it?
jeff

Good lord, I remember missing that... I was pissed.

J-Dub......I'll be seeing CT on February 23rd...check out their latest "Rockford" - some of the best stuff they've done since Woke Up With A Monster (a hidden gem, imo). And they are ALWAYS fantastic live......damn, I sound like a freeking promoter.

I have a a hidden guilty pleasure for Southern Rock, and the Outlaws fit that pretty good. Cheap Trick would be a date thing, for us old fogeys who remember when they were the shiznit. Don't like a lot of their newwer stuff, but the first couple still get some play around here. I did just find out about BX3 (Sheehan, Hamm, Berlin) will be playing in Chicago on Feb. 16......

J-Dubya

ZZ Top playing the House of Blues, tix start at $175 albeit an intimate venue to see them in, I saw them in the 80's , got my key chain so I'm good to go. Damn expensive tickets!!

ZZ Top playing the House of Blues, tix start at $175 albeit an intimate venue to see them in, I saw them in the 80's , got my key chain so I'm good to go. Damn expensive tickets!!

I saw them once in Knoxville around 93' when Jackyl opened for them. Jackyl rocked the hell out of the place! :headbang: I believe it was the Transistor Tour if I'm not mistaken.

I saw them once in Knoxville around 93' when Jackyl opened for them. Jackyl rocked the hell out of the place! :headbang: I believe it was the Transistor Tour if I'm not mistaken.

Ahhh, it's good to see the only famous graduate from my high-school, Jesse James Dupree, get some love..... :lol:

Ironically, the only time I ever saw Jackyl, at a New Year's Eve festival show at an arena in Tampa/St. Pete, I was actually there for the opening band (Mutha's Day Out, friends of mine). :heh:

As for my upcoming shows...Cradle of Filth with The 69 Eyes, and possibly that Mnemic/Arsis show.

Oh - another one i konw will be going on in England (besides PPUK) is Ian Anderson's Jethro Tull - who will be playing some shows - and Anna Phoebe (electric violin from TSO West) will be playing with him

Should be an excellent pairing! If you like Anna, check out her solo CD, "Gypsy". You can tell that she has a wide range of musical influences. My one complaint with the CD is that it's so short -- only about 30 minutes of music.

I hate you so very very much right now. :bah:

Me too. :) I wish Arjen would come visit his friends across the pond one of these days (or years)!

My musical outings for January include three performances from the Phoenix Symphony (one featuring the music of Led Zeppelin, which should be a blast) and a school concert presented as part of Mark Wood’s “Electrify Your Strings” program.

Looks like it's going to be Spock's Beard at the end of April since they're finally coming to the east coast!