Votes: 10 7.9%
  • No it doesn't bother me

Votes: 117 92.1%

• Total voters

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
The obvious answer is of course not; after all this is a metal show so it comes with the territory. However over the past years I've seen more people being "bothered" in the pit area (mostly in the center to front part of the pit) when someone in front of them starts to headbang, and that individual has particularly midlength to long hair.

SO... does it bother you?

I'm more annoyed when I can't headbang because I'm likely to slam into someone else's head or back if I'm not concentrating on preventing myself from being pushed into the people in front of me.
Luckily that doesn't happen at PP.
Though, on a side note... Getting someone else's hair in your mouth.......... :puke:

I voted no, it doesn't bother me, but yeah, getting hair in your over priced beer/water/soft drink sucks. It all boils down to respecting those around you...

J-Dubya

i dont mind it but i DO hate being slapped in the face by someones extremely long hair

i dont head bang myself, but everyone has their own way of getting into the music and headbanging is fine

now if it was hardcore dancing, then id just want to slap them

But then you do mind people headbanging, even if it is circumstantial. Most if not all people will begin to headbang without looking around to see if there are cups around, or even if people are really close together as is such in the pit area. Headbanging is here to stay, so saying that it does bother you doesn't necessarily mean that it shouldn't be done... just that it bothers you.

im just saying that headbangers that have no regard to people near them, are the ones i think shouldnt do it.

you can headbang and not slam your hair in someones face id like to think, and when you got someones sweaty hair in your face, i mean its just not cool ya know.

If it bothers you that much I would say just move two feet to your left or right....problem solved. This is what I would do. I don't think that "for the most part" there is a "disregard for other people". It's just people enjoying the music the way they do. I'm pretty sure they don't come in thinking......."I'm gonna try to hit a bunch of people in the face with my hair and also try and ruin a bunch of peoples overpriced beverages by getting my hair in their drinks." What are those who want to Headbang to do? Go sit in the top row where they don't bother anyone with their hair? Or what would you suggest?

If your hair is extremely long, then you are most likely quite aware if your headbanging is bothering others. I think arguing in favor of headbanging with no regard to others around you is simply an excuse not to control yourself. There's a cool way to do it, and a dick way to do it. I would hope most here are adult enough to know the difference.

^ In my post I was trying to say this also. But more in defense of those headbangers because I know not everyone uses proper headbanging ettiquette (however you spell it), but as said above I think for the most part people are pretty careful about it. I don't know, maybe I'm completely wrong. I guess I never really pay attention, usually I'm enjoying the music too much rather than worrying about if the guy in front of me is being rude by hitting me with his hair. If this happens I just take a step back (or to the side) and don't really give it a second thought.

Oh. My. God.

I thought it was bad enough with people threatening not to come this year if there was a chance a light might shine in their face temporarily. Excuse me for wanting a concert going experience not akin to sitting in my living room with headphones, being careful not to scrunch up the carpet by toetapping too hard.

Certainly don't mind headbanging, but as has been posted, just use some common sense about it. If you are around someone who is bothered by it, just smile and move over. What I really hate is moshing...totally ruins the experience. Thank Deity it's been banned. I was going to punch someone at the last concert I was at that kept shoving into me. Of course, then they would have thought I was participating and kinda would have defeated the point. :)

I'm fine with headbanging, as long as the hair doesn't hit others or go into their drinks. Even if it's just hitting you, it is annoying and distracting to the people, behind them, trying to concentrate on the show and have fun. I know that it isn't intentional, but a quick look behind you isn't a lot to ask, before you start. And yes, I have moved, when it annoyed me and I realized that they were oblivious to what they were doing.

Moving to the seats does not necessarily protect you either. For example, at PPIV, a couple of good friends and I were HEAVILY ANNOYED by a few guys, in the row in front of us, that were slapping us, a lot, with their sweaty hair. Cooler heads prevailed, so we moved and that was the end of it. That was incredibly fortunate for them, because my friends know Kenpo (one of them at Brown Belt level). Hopefully, a blissfully ignorant, offensive headbanger doesn't do that to anyone skilled in the martial arts or any other kind of skilled fighter without a good moral code and a sense of restraint (not to mention a desire to NOT be kicked out of the festival :lol:)!

I realize that this is a minor issue, when compared to moshing and smelly, drunken people trying to start fights (i.e. the guy with the Union Jack t-shirt at PPVI...I think), but people shouldn't have fun at other people's expense. I don't think that headbanging, in general, should be banned though. Just don't be an asshole about it and don't expect people to tolerate bad behavior just because that's what you feel like doing at the time.