DRAGONFORCE in ATLANTA

Pyramaze51 said:
I just received a message from The Masquerade in Atlanta

August the 11th DRAGONFORCE with special quest LACUNA COIL and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

Shapes up to be a prety decent show and tickets are only $18.00.

awesome! cant get down there though. he now, do you know if this is a tour or just a one shot gig

It's an off-Ozzfest gig, since Ozzfest isn't coming to Atlanta anymore. The bands on the tour have some freedom in booking shows in non-tour cities -- apparently this is something that Sharon Osbourne has relented on, since they used to be stricter about off-tour dates.

The "other band" for some of these off-dates might be Atreyu.

U.K. power metallers DRAGONFORCE have confirmed the following U.S. headlining shows during Ozzfest "off" days (all shows with support from BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME except noted otherwise):

Jun. 30 - Eugene, OR - WOW Hall
Jul. 05 - Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep
Jul. 12 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theatre
Jul. 14 - Minneapolis, MN - The Quest (w/ LACUNA COIL)
Jul. 17 - Traveres City, MI - Streeters
Jul. 24 - Louisville, KY - Headliners (w/ BLEEDING THROUGH)
Jul. 31 - Poughkeepsie, NY, The Chance
Aug. 02 - South Burlington, VT - Higher Ground
Aug. 03 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights (w/ ATREYU)
Aug. 10 - Charlotte, NC - Tremont Music Hall
Aug. 11 - Atlanta, GA, The Masquerade (w/ LACUNA COIL)
Aug. 12 - Tallahassee, FL - The Beta Bar
Aug. 14 - Lake Buena Vista, FL, House of Blue
Aug. 15 - St. Petersburg, FL, State Theatre
Aug. 18 - Houston, TX, Meridian

DRAGONFORCE's third album, "Inhuman Rampage", which was issued in Europe four months back, will receive a U.S. release on June 20 via Roadrunner. The CD will feature the video for "Through the Fire and Flames" as a bonus.

ok, bought my tickets last night for the Dragonforce/Lacuna Coil/BtBaM show here in Atlanta. After watching the insane video 'Through the Fire and Flames' from their latest album, how could I pass up Dragonforce? :loco: I may have to finally break down and buy a cd now. heh heh.

CYA there! :headbang:

c'mon Noah - you know you wanna go... if for no other reason than to laugh and point at those kids :heh:

I don't own anything by any of the bands on the roster. But I need a warm-up gig for PPUSA VII. So I'm gonna check it out. Besides, Dragonforce is kinda growing on me.

:kickass:

~Hoyt.

Hi all.. I've been listening to metal since I was a kid and power metal,etc. since the nineties. This is kind of akward to ask, and hopefully I won't get laughed at too much.

I was interested in seeing Dragonforce, but I am concerned about the safety of the area where the masquerade is. Anyone have any experiences, or have good advice on were to park,etc? I've never been to many concerts in my life. only 2 a long time Danzig at the Roxy and stabing westward at the Masquerade when I was a teenager. What I remember from the Masquerade was that it was a pretty f'd up place and the last thing I would want is to get mugged or something coming out of a show at 1am. Kinda one of the reasons I've not went to progpower as well, I almost was inclined to go this year but there are only 2 bands on the roster I like.

I try not to go looking for trouble, I guess it's kind of being chicken shit, but I think it's just common sense. I don't look punk/goth/metal( kind of an outcast, among outcasts) but love my music deeply. Maybe dressing up in all black and singing "Satan, My Master" in my best Dimmu Borgir impression will scare the hicks up at the Mall of Georgia(if that) but won't stop some crazy black bum with a knife or aids or worse.

Just to clear this up, my fear is not of the patrons, but of the denizens of the local area.

Thanks for the advice, just try not to laugh to hard :)

lostintime said:
I was interested in seeing Dragonforce, but I am concerned about the safety of the area where the masquerade is. Anyone have any experiences, or have good advice on were to park,etc? I've

Kinda one of the reasons I've not went to progpower as well, I almost was inclined to go this year but there are only 2 bands on the roster I like.

There is a large parking lot located directly beside the Masquerade. With the proximity that close, you really only have contact with your fellow concert attendees. I've been to several shows and other than a few drunks, no problems.

As for your other comment, I'm a bit shocked to be honest. The festival has been going on in Atlanta for six years now with no real problems from any fans. That includes 80% of the attendees staying at local hotels and walking everywhere. It's safe.

Glenn

lostintime said:
Maybe dressing up in all black and singing "Satan, My Master" in my best Dimmu Borgir impression will scare the hicks up at the Mall of Georgia(if that) but won't stop some crazy black bum with a knife or aids or worse.

Sheesh, I would probably be more worried about the HOT TOPIC dork in a Dimmu Borgir shirt than a drunken bum. Haven't you ever been in a fight? To quote the Macho Man, "BE A MAN!"

Harvester said:
There is a large parking lot located directly beside the Masquerade. With the proximity that close, you really only have contact with your fellow concert attendees. I've been to several shows and other than a few drunks, no problems.

As for your other comment, I'm a bit shocked to be honest. The festival has been going on in Atlanta for six years now with no real problems from any fans. That includes 80% of the attendees staying at local hotels and walking everywhere. It's safe.

Glenn

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry if my statement is taken the wrong way. I did not mean to imply anything adverse about Progpower.

Just wanted more information, I just try to stay out of downtown atlanta if I can help it, especially at night. I don't really know anyone and wouldn't be hanging with a group of people. Like I said, I'm not really a concert going person or social for that matter.

Old habits die hard, I would have no problem going to little 5 in the daytime, but I would not want to be there after sundown. But that's just me, I've got a phobia or something but like I said, I try not to go looking for trouble if I have no reason to be there.

Jasonic said:
Sheesh, I would probably be more worried about the HOT TOPIC dork in a Dimmu Borgir shirt than a drunken bum. Haven't you ever been in a fight? To quote the Macho Man, "BE A MAN!"

Not since highschool, to be honest I wouldn't want to fight. Not worth it, I've got to much to loose and the other person might have some kind of disease or something. What if they spit or get their blood on you in a scrape.

As much as I would love to kick the shit out of someone, I'd probably end up having cops called on me and charges pressed for assault.

Lastly, would you fight someone unarmed who had a gun or knife pointed at you. I'm not as good as that marine who kicked out the guns from the 4 muggers a little while ago on his way home from work here in Atlanta.

lostintime said:
Not since highschool

You are actually beyond high school?
No offense, but your close minded views come off as very ignorant and naive to me. Maybe its because I have lived in diverse areas my whole life. I never was afraid of homeless, bums, hookers, etc. You don't bother them, they won't bother you.

Making comments like, "Oh, what if they spit blood on you?"
Come on man.....

Hey Jasonic,

Chill.

Lostintime has admitted to having a phobia and being a concert/social introvert. Telling him to nut-up and calling him ignorant isn't going to help his problem.

I've lived in enough diverse areas to know that you should not underestimate or take for granted those homeless, bums and hookers.

If you punch someone and or somehow in contact get scraped or cut and bodily fluids mix. Is that worth it.

The concensus on the intarweb is that DF are a homo band anyway, so it's kind of funny being afraid to go to their show lol. I am not like that guy in the headbangers journey interview who sits there and trys to act so hardcore and sips his wine and says "Satan" after a 2-5 second pause, thats comedy gold right there. I'm just really concerned about taking someone I care about to that particular part of town way past decent hours of the night when most shows end, If I have to worry about fighting then I probably do not want to be there and put others I care about in the same kind of jepaordy.

But anyway, I'm not here to have an e-peen contest with anyone. I just want to know what I can expect, and how to be better prepared.

I don't believe for a second anyone who goes to concerts doesn't think about these things and always tries to have some plan in place in case of trouble.

I've never had any issues. Most of the concert venues are in well lit areas. Near ProgPower, I parked in a gated parking lot (gate is closed after I think 10pm). Then had to call them on their phone to say I parked there, give them some information.. and they open it. Keeps it safer.

Anyhow, best bet is to just go and have a good time. Leaving the venues you'll be fine as there are lots of other concert goers around. You'd be surprised at how rare actual incidents occur.

Appreciate the response. I know it's a silly question, and believe me I feel silly enough myself asking it. I listen to metal avidly, but I don't live the lifestyle. It would have to be a can't pass up event to get me to go. I only like the first and second DF CD, the 3rd one left me unimpressed mostly, there are a few good tracks but nothing we have not heard before from the others. But a chance to see them live before they become more mainstream as it's cool to like them these days, especially in the anime community as you can see by their website.

I grew up in Los Angeles before moving to Atlanta. That may have something to do with why I feel the way I do, but I just can't help but be uneasy in that part of town.

Anyway, what about carrying around money. I've heard you don't want to take a wallet, or if you do one with a chain.