DRAGONFORCE in ATLANTA

Jasonic said:
:lol: Ok, I will "chill", and let this guy talk about the homeless people who have "AIDS", and that "homo" band DragonForce.

We can talk about Dragons and Wizards if thats better? :)

And for the record I said others think DragonForce are not hardcore like other bands and say DragonForce is gay on message boards. I don't think that, I like DragonForce but I've liked them before they sold their shirts in hot topic and I think they have major potential but also have major room for improvement and need more diverse songs.

I was more or less laughing at myself, in the context that if others think DF is gay, how bad am I afraid to go to a venue to see them in concert.

I get what you mean. My point was that I was told to "chill" as you were making assumptions that someone on the street has AIDS. Whatever. I am in no means 100% politically correct. Just surprised that no one commented on the comments you had made. Go to the show. I am sure you will be fine.

I used to go to the Masquerade all the time when I was but a wee lass... well, okay, I was 16, 17, but I was little and only went with my friend usually, another girl my age who was smaller than me. We never had a problem there, and we always hung out pretty late to chat with bands. Now, it's not uncommon for me to show up down there alone, to meet other people inside. I always take money in with me, but I just put it in my pocket. As long as you keep your eyes open and don't do anything stupid, I don't think you have a thing to worry about. But if you have a "black"-phobia, well, there will probably be black people. *shrug* I have to agree to some extent with Jasonic about your views sounding a bit closed-minded.

Shaye

BTW, that parking lot across the street may be closed now; if so, you can park along the road that's next to the Masquerade, just don't park in front of a fire-hydrant or a clearly posted "No parking" zone.

*mystified* I've been attending PP in Atlanta every year and I've seldom, if ever, felt unsafe in that part of town.

The area around the Masquerade is a step down, but in all likelihood the worst you're likely to encounter there is a panhandler. If you keep your wits about you while walking, you should be okay. If you can hook up with other fans walking the same way to or from your car, so much the better.

I've hung out downtown and around the Masquerade area overnight several times. I even slept outside the North Avenue MARTA station after missing the last train in 1994 after the Entombed/Amorphis show at the Masquerade.

Atlanta's urban outdoorsmen are annoying but pretty harmless. Of course if you're tiny and look scared walking around or are dressed like you have money to burn, it might be different, but I have never had those problems. :D

I actually think the fellow fans INSIDE the club are more of a menace than anything you'd see outside the club. Some of those people are so fucked up. I generally avoid interacting with skinheads and drunk people I don't know in order to avoid getting into fights at a concert, and that's worked for me so far.

Thanks again for the replies. I don't have a black phobia, my head would have exploded like on the Chapelle show a long time ago living in Atlanta if I did. I'm just being truthful and a "noob" when it comes to things like this. So I figured I would ask those with experience what I can expect and what not to do.

Like others have said, don't do stupid things and be smart about it. That's all I wanted to gain information wise, is how to be smart about it since I really don't know the area over there very well at all and would need to use map quest just to get there.

So yeah, Parking is concern for me and I apreciate the info those who have advised about it so far. I would think if I had to park 2 blocks away and walk my concerns would be somewhat valid? In that regard what is a good time to get there if the doors open at 7pm to find decent parking?

Last time I was there and it was a long time ago, I don't recall there being any seating and you had to stand around all the time. Is that still true? I think the place is divided into 3 sections but I'm not sure.

I guess I did come off sounding ridiculous initially and in no way did I mean to tarnish the reputation of Progpower in any way.

lostintime, I've stayed at the Hampton for the last two years and attended the festival by myself too. Why? I know one guy (FatesFan) that digs our music and he hasn't been able to attend yet.

Anyway, when you walk back from the show each night there's always several groups of PP attendees walking back as well, so just walk back with one of those groups. That might make you feel better to know that there are groups of people that you can hang with until you get back to your room.

With that said, I've not ran into one person at the festival that was being a dick to me or anything. For the most part, it's a group of people there to check out the music of some obscure bands that we wouldn't get the chance to normally see in the states.

You're only cheating yourself if you don't attend the festival out of fear dude.

Anytime I encounter "that element" I just hold up my hand and in a firm and authoritive tone I say, "Be gone mud person, go smoke your crack somewhere else." Works every time.

Silly homeless person, one simply can't panhandle their way into mord..erm a Dragonforce concert.

Cheiron said:
U.K. power metallers DRAGONFORCE have confirmed the following U.S. headlining shows during Ozzfest "off" days (all shows with support from BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME except noted otherwise):

Jun. 30 - Eugene, OR - WOW Hall
Jul. 05 - Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep
Jul. 12 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theatre
Jul. 14 - Minneapolis, MN - The Quest (w/ LACUNA COIL)
Jul. 17 - Traveres City, MI - Streeters
Jul. 24 - Louisville, KY - Headliners (w/ BLEEDING THROUGH)
Jul. 31 - Poughkeepsie, NY, The Chance
Aug. 02 - South Burlington, VT - Higher Ground
Aug. 03 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights (w/ ATREYU)
Aug. 10 - Charlotte, NC - Tremont Music Hall
Aug. 11 - Atlanta, GA, The Masquerade (w/ LACUNA COIL)
Aug. 12 - Tallahassee, FL - The Beta Bar
Aug. 14 - Lake Buena Vista, FL, House of Blue
Aug. 15 - St. Petersburg, FL, State Theatre
Aug. 18 - Houston, TX, Meridian

DRAGONFORCE's third album, "Inhuman Rampage", which was issued in Europe four months back, will receive a U.S. release on June 20 via Roadrunner. The CD will feature the video for "Through the Fire and Flames" as a bonus.
I just realized how lucky we in the ATL area are to be seeing LC again,as they aren't booked for all the dateson this side tour.:worship: :headbang: :kickass:

:headbang: just ordered my tickets....WOOHOO

Been following these guys since 2000, when they were called DragonHeart.
The good ole MP3 demo download days!!!

Can't wait!!!!

80's AL

Damnit.. it looks like the Chicago show sold out already :-/ That's the second time I've missed them already! Grrr... and this all could have been averted if Glenn just booked them to Prog Power like I had asked :)

The Michael