DragonForce & Turisas N. American Tour

100% agreed. Unfortunate because Turisas is awesome, but I just can't have paid for a Dragonforce show. That'd be weak.

If anything is weak, it's you 2

Who cares about the fans there?

Are you that picky about going to shows? Turisas is an amazing band and if you're not going just because Dragonforce is headlining and the fans "annoy you" that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Hell yes, Atlanta again! I missed Turisas there last time - ...cuz I saw them somewhere else ... - but this time around I can watch them from the comfort of my own region. Yay :D

I hate kansas

Dude, Point of Know Return is one of the best prog-rock albums EVER! How could you--

--oh, wait.

Kansas.

Like, the state.

You're right.

Nevermind.

:lol:

Since the thread failed to mention it, the opening band is POWERGLOVE.

But I'll be at the MA show, mainly for Turisas but I don't think it'd hurt to see DragonForce again.

Agreed. And the Atlanta venue (Tabernacle) is one of the better ones in town.

By November hopefully I will have recovered from Dragon*Con and ProgPower. :heh:

You know, I'm liable to be forced to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, lose my Glenn Harveston ROCKS union card, or be beaten by whatever drummer Jon Schaffer is using this year...

But the new DragonForce album is actually listenable. In fact, I -- ahem! -- may even like it.

Ultra Beatdown, unlike their previous albums, isn't the sonic equivalent of listening to music run through a blender. It's not nearly as frenetic. There are actually -- gasp! -- pauses in the music, gaps between notes that give my mind a breather.

Granted, the lyrics are still cheesier than a Sam's-Club size box of Cheez-Its. But I've been listening to Ultra Beatdown this morning and I've found myself enjoying it. "A Flame For Freedom" is actually very good. (God, I can't believe I just typed that.)

I looked up Powerglove online. They're major ass-kickers.

So...

What this means is the line-up of DragonForce, Turisas, and Powerglove is one I really don't think I can miss. For sheer Cheez-Its-to-the-wall fun, that kind of tour can't be beat.

166703.jpg

dragonforce.jpg

how could you think/say otherwise?! come on now...

jesus christ dude...do you have nothing better to do than troll this dude?

Turisas is by far cheesier than Dragonforce. Doesn't make their music bad.
Are you ripping rms or me? I love both DRAGONFORCE and TURISAS. If you are ripping me, then check his posts on how he makes condescending remarks on just about every band. I'm not trolling anyone, just observing.

hey man instead of ragging on me every chance ya can why don't you go find another flavor of the week avatar for yourself :loco:

Are you ripping rms or me? I love both DRAGONFORCE and TURISAS. If you are ripping me, then check his posts on how he makes condescending remarks on just about every band. I'm not trolling anyone, just observing.

rms is entitled to his opinions as much as any other board member, regardless of whether you, I, or anyone else agrees with them or not. He's clearly not the only one to post condecending remarks about bands. AngraRULES, for example, leads the charge every time Dragonforce gets mentioned on this forum.

The difference here is that his remarks are about bands, while yours are aimed at him personally. Also justifying bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior doesn't cut it. If he is out of line it's for the mods to handle.

Aside from that, that Rasputin cover is a cheesy as anything Manowar ever did. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing Turisas again.