Most Recent Album(s) You've Listened Too

Stuff I've listened to recently:

Sepultura - Roots
Soulfly - Soulfly
Soulfly - Back To The Primitive
Soulfly - 3

Guess I was in a Max Cavalera mood! :lol:

IRON MAIDEN FINAL FRONTIER, BLIND GUARDIN EDGE OF TIME, SECTION A SACRIFICE, NEVERMORE OBSIDIAN CON SOILWORK PANIC BROADCAST, MURDER OF MY SWEET DIVANITY, EDENBRIDGE SOLITARE,ORDEN OGAN AND NEW ENEMY OF THE SUN ARE NEXT.:hotjump:

I've been going through the Ayreon stuff that follows the main storyline. I listened to Final Experiment last night and Into the Electric Castle tonight. Universal Migrator is up next.

:lol: Jeez, really? Do you realize that you are comparing apples and oranges here here? Hell not even that friuts and vegetables (khan possibly the fruit;)
Well my dad could beat up your dad.:lol:

Khan's voice is one of the biggest reasons I could never get into that band. It seems to have no emotion a sounds monotone.

You're allowed to have your opinon and I'm allowed to have mine. I fail to see how Khan lacks emotion or sounds monotone.

You're allowed to have your opinon and I'm allowed to have mine. I fail to see how Khan lacks emotion or sounds monotone.

Perhaps monotone is the wrong word to use (in lack of a better one) still something about the voice is just hard to take. I have tried one so many occasions, listening to 'The Fourth Legacy' right now. (one verse in 'Nights of Arabia' reminds me of Mazzy Star every time I hear it). But I can't get into them, Angra is another one. I have tried with these bands for years.

Perhaps monotone is the wrong word to use (in lack of a better one) still something about the voice is just hard to take. I have tried one so many occasions, listening to 'The Fourth Legacy' right now. (one verse in 'Nights of Arabia' reminds me of Mazzy Star every time I hear it). But I can't get into them, Angra is another one. I have tried with these bands for years.

sometimes it's like that with me as well. Some bands will have really good music but if the singer isn't up to par then it ruins it. Sometimes though hearing a REALLY good lick will make me perk up and pay attention, regardless of what the singer is doing. That's how I got into Angra. The song "Scream Your Heart Out" came on and I heard that fancy lick at the beginning and after that I decided to listen to them more often.

It happens. There are bands for everyone where all the pieces are there and are similar to bands we like, but we just can't get into. I'm the same way with Circus Maximus. I love Pagan's Mind, Illusion Suite and countless others but to me, they bore me. Don't know why but they do. Same thing goes with Nocturnal Rites.

As for Khan, I can see why someone wouldn't dig him. He doesn't have a huge range and is a fairly low key singer especially considering he's in a metal band. I think his voice works great for them on cd, but in concert not so much.

It happens. There are bands for everyone where all the pieces are there and are similar to bands we like, but we just can't get into. I'm the same way with Circus Maximus. I love Pagan's Mind, Illusion Suite and countless others but to me, they bore me. Don't know why but they do. Same thing goes with Nocturnal Rites.

As for Khan, I can see why someone wouldn't dig him. He doesn't have a huge range and is a fairly low key singer especially considering he's in a metal band. I think his voice works great for them on cd, but in concert not so much.

Exactly.
I do try with this bands, Circus Maximus is the same for me, sometimes I think it might just be the overly produced and polished aspect to them all, but I understand that is personal taste.
With a band like Symphony X it is opposite for me; band bores the hell out of me but I love the vocals. But I actually prefer everything Allen has done outside of that band.
Still I think all these bands are amazing, be stupid not to recognize that.

I was comparing my two top releases of 2010 (and doubt either will get challenged for the top spots)

Accept - Blood of the Nations
Vanden Plas - The Seraphic Clockwork

I can't decide which I like better. It's like trying to pick a favorite child or something. : (

Bryant

Vanden Plas - The Seraphic Clockwork
Haken - Aquarius
At War With Selk -A Familiar Path
Apocalyptica - 7th Symphony
Caravellus -Knowledge Machine
Disturbed - Asylum
Avenged Sevenfold -Nightmare

As for today:
Accept- Predator (Much better than I remember it)
Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium
Rhapsody of Fire - Frozen Tears of Angels
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Iron Maiden - Killers