Flogging Molly: Within A Mile of Home
Opeth: Orchid
Agalloch: Ashes Against the Grain
Korn: Korn III (girlfriend compromise) :(
Fates Warning: Awaken the Guardian

Earlier - on the way to and from work - DGM - FrAme
Was listening to Redemption - Snowfall on Judgement Day
Now currently listening to - Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side

Wait, Fiona or Fiona Apple? I dig some Fiona, but have no interest in Fiona Apple beyond that one video that...um....had all of the...

Excuse me, Youtube is calling.

Fiona Apple's debut is a great album. I think she would have continued to make good music but the "music industry" had turned her into a whore by the second album. That is what is get's for thinking she could be an artist an idealistic.
As for the Canada Fiona, dude sucks so much in comparsion to Apple.

Fiona Apple's debut is a great album. I think she would have continued to make good music but the "music industry" had turned her into a whore by the second album. That is what is get's for thinking she could be an artist an idealistic.
As for the Canada Fiona, dude sucks so much in comparsion to Apple.

When the Pawn... is just as good as Tidal, IMO. I don't see how "the music industry turned her into a whore".

Extraordinary Machine is the album I like the least, but there are also some great songs in it.

When the Pawn... is just as good as Tidal, IMO. I don't see how "the music industry turned her into a whore".

Extraordinary Machine is the album I like the least, but there are also some great songs in it.

I will admit it could be worth another chance, I'm sure there is a copy around here somewhere. But it just seemed that when the second album showed up she was no longer what she was on the first album. It seemed that now it was all the producer project and word from the powers that be said "this is what you will sound like". No different than what happened to all those 90s chicks. They all showed up as one thing then out of no where the make up was caked on and the clothes got tighter. No saying that this is what happened to Fionna but she changed too. I think Tori was the only one that came through the 90s alright.
When I say "whore" I'm meaning that it was turned into what someone thought would have been an even more marketable product.
But hey it was the first impression, after not listen to the second album in a long time so I will get up and go see if I can find it.

I will admit it could be worth another chance, I'm sure there is a copy around here somewhere. But it just seemed that when the second album showed up she was no longer what she was on the first album. It seemed that now it was all the producer project and word from the powers that be said "this is what you will sound like". No different than what happened to all those 90s chicks. They all showed up as one thing then out of no where the make up was caked on and the clothes got tighter. No saying that this is what happened to Fionna but she changed too. I think Tori was the only one that came through the 90s alright.
When I say "whore" I'm meaning that it was turned into what someone thought would have been an even more marketable product.
But hey it was the first impression, after not listen to the second album in a long time so I will get up and go see if I can find it.

Yeah, I really don't understand where you got this from... It's pretty far from reality =P

Really, the music stayed the same... the clothes most definitely did NOT get tighter/sexier... She actually had a much sexier/darker look at the beginning... in the late 90's she had toned her "craziness"down a little bit, started wearing simple dresses and then DISAPPEARED for 6 years after that ... Check out When The Pawn... if you like Tidal, there is no reason for you not to enjoy it...

I also find her music to be more consistent than Tori's. It's a unfair comparison, since Tori is a much more productive person... She puts out of ton of new music out regularly... And Fiona has 3 albums in a 15 year carreer.... but I like all 3 albums very much while Tori has put out some subpar releases overtime.

Currently listening to - Factory of Dreams - Poles

Definitely not one of the "heavier" albums I've listened to, but I do really like the shear epic sound of this.

Yeah, I really don't understand where you got this from... It's pretty far from reality =P

Really, the music stayed the same... the clothes most definitely did NOT get tighter/sexier... She actually had a much sexier/darker look at the beginning... in the late 90's she had toned her "craziness"down a little bit, started wearing simple dresses and then DISAPPEARED for 6 years after that ... Check out When The Pawn... if you like Tidal, there is no reason for you not to enjoy it...

I also find her music to be more consistent than Tori's. It's a unfair comparison, since Tori is a much more productive person... She puts out of ton of new music out regularly... And Fiona has 3 albums in a 15 year carreer.... but I like all 3 albums very much while Tori has put out some subpar releases overtime.

Don't think I was comparing her music with Tori in that way. I was saying they were the only two I could appreciate from the "movement" of 90s ladies.
And I do believe I said "I'm not saying this is what happened to Fiona..."

This. Pretty much all of it. She just changed over time. I don't think much of it had to do with her being controlled. Also if you read in interviews and such, she's not the type to do something just because it is marketable. She's a bit of a loose cannon. Haha. I did like EM as well, though not on par with the others. That's all I'll do to involve myself with this as this is not the direction this thread should go.

This. Pretty much all of it. She just changed over time. I don't think much of it had to do with her being controlled. Also if you read in interviews and such, she's not the type to do something just because it is marketable. She's a bit of a loose cannon. Haha. I did like EM as well, though not on par with the others. That's all I'll do to involve myself with this as this is not the direction this thread should go.

She did have her way of doing things, just seems that she was tamed so to speak. Seemed a perfect example of what the larger industry does to the idealistic unless "they" can use it to their benefit. Once the artist is used up they are tossed away.
She was not meant for a main stream audience, for the matter neither was Tori.
So ok let's talk about Kamalot cause there is not enough mention of them. I think they are soooo dreamy myself. HAHA
I'll take Fiona Apple any day over Kamalot.

As far as i remember Fiona Apple had an album sit on Sony's shelves because she wouldn't change it and the label thought it to be unmarketable. so i am not sure what people's definition of "being controlled" is -- well, that is it. regardless of what she recorded and how she did it. the fact that it sat on a shelf is "control" regardless if and when it was officially released.

i only own Tidal and it was awesome.

stuff i listened to today:
Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes (thanks to my new issue of Decibel arriving today)
Last Chance To Reason - Level 2
Quiet Riot - QR
Xenon - America's New Design
Magnitude 9 - Reality In Focus
Shai Hulud - Hearts Once Nourished With Hope & Compassion
Kingsbane - Kingsbane (new demo reissue)

As far as i remember Fiona Apple had an album sit on Sony's shelves because she wouldn't change it and the label thought it to be unmarketable. so i am not sure what people's definition of "being controlled" is -- well, that is it. regardless of what she recorded and how she did it. the fact that it sat on a shelf is "control" regardless if and when it was officially released.

stuff i listened to today:
Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes (thanks to my new issue of Decibel arriving today)
Last Chance To Reason - Level 2
Quiet Riot - QR
Xenon - America's New Design
Magnitude 9 - Reality In Focus
Shai Hulud - Hearts Once Nourished With Hope & Compassion
Kingsbane - Kingsbane (new demo reissue)

You already got the Kingsbane?

Yep. Basically, the label didn't think there was a "hit" single with the album. She also I believe got rid of the producer as well.