Name the 3rd slots from each year!!

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
The 3rd slots have been the amazing surprise acts, it seems, from each year.

Can someone name them and if you were there, describe why their performances were so amazing to you?

I know Orphaned Land will continue that this year by the way!!:Spin:

Tad Morose and Brainstorm last year smoked and even though I loved both cd wise, I still didn't see it coming:loco:

I am having problems with 2 years ago and I was there.:ill: o_O

tattooedsean666 said:
The 3rd slots have been the amazing surprise acts, it seems, from each year.

Can someone name them and if you were there, describe why their performances were so amazing to you?

I know Orphaned Land will continue that this year by the way!!:Spin:

Tad Morose and Brainstorm last year smoked and even though I loved both cd wise, I still didn't see it coming:loco:

I am having problems with 2 years ago and I was there.:ill: o_O

To me is the exact opposite. I think Brainstorm's albums are quite boring, and they kicked major amounts of ass at ProgPower V. I do enjoy Tad Morose's cds, but nothing compared to seeing them live twice in three days.

For me personally, the biggest 3rd slot has been Edguy. At that time, I only had one CD by them and was mildly interested. Their raw energy and catchy-as-hell choruses blew me away. I immediately went out and got the rest of their catalogue (some purchased that night). When they came last year, I was prepared!

The Friday #3 slot has been the "magic" slot for me.

PPII Angel Dust. They absolutely tore the place apart. It was almost like a combination of Tad Morose and Brainstorm. AD, wasn't quite as raw as BS, but they had lots of energy and they weren't the showmen like TM, but still put on a nice stage performance.

PPIII - Due to events beyoond my control, I wasn't able to go to PPIII, but I heard about Edguy's performance for weeks and weeks. It was pure energy from their frontman. He was all over the place.

PPIV - The "magic" spot of Friday #3 was Vanden Plas. I am biased because I am a VP nut, but they surpassed my expectations. I have never heard harmony vocals performed as flawlessly. They were perfect and Andy Kunts (vocalist) was born to perform on stage. He is a GREAT frontman and put his acting skills (he does a lot of musicals) into his performance without getting cheesy with his emotics. They were close to flawless musically as well.

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
my favorite would be TM, then VP, and I am sure Angel Dust was awesome. You know, from now on I am calling the 3rd slot the Bryant bands. It seems all the bands he likes get slot 3. :loco:

Ha ha ha openers too. Balance of Power (PPII) sank their feet up my.... well you get the picture. They are quite the melodic band, but live, it went over VERY well. I didn't know one song of theirs and was blown away by them.
Pagans Mind ripped as well. Jorn Viggo Lofstat and Stian Kristoffersen may be the most awesome guitarist/drummer combination I have ever heard. If anyone thinks guitarists forgot how to play guitar solos in the 80's vein, listen to Jorn Viggo.
I think Manticora might prove to be worthy of those two. I am new to the band, but they sound very promising. I am very interested in learning their stuff before the show.

Bryant

Bryant

Well im not sure but I think it went #3 Jag Panzer and #4 Destinys End on the friday of PPI. Which ever way it went both were my first pp experence one Ill never forget. Funny that 7witches gets talked about, but nobody ever mentions Destinys End. Its the exact same line up as 7witches + or - 2 guys. I think they play the same songs in both bands! Well it seems every year this slot gets more exciting. There is always Vinyls if im not into the tunes...