Predictions for remaining 4 bands...

I really think it will be Gamma Ray. Getting reunions together is such a hastle and such a cross your fingers situation, I don't think it is reliable enough for those mentioned to be banking on as a concert organizer. Plus, Gamma Ray is far better than Helloween, Gamma Ray is like Kai Hansen's progression into true brilliance from his Helloween roots. If you ask me, Kai is the draw, and G-Ray would blow everyone away.

But that would mean a returning band....

I was thinking maybe someday an "All Ayreon" prog-power would be cool. Basically have Ayreon be the headlining band, then get all the bands that the Ayreon vocalists available come from to fill up the rest of the festival lineup. I guess it work work best just to get whoever was available in terms of vocalists and do those songs, as opposed to trying to get the whole vocal lineup for a specific Ayreon album.

Whoa, very cool idea Pumpkin. There's all different kinds of Progpower friendly band possibilities that could come out of such a scenario. Dream Theater (unlikely), Symphony X of course, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Helloween, Dan Swano, Rhapsody, Elegy, Tiamat, Stratovarius, Lana Lane, Kingdom Come, Primal Fear, The Gathering, Threshold, Arena, Hawkwind, After Forever, Shadow Gallery and still many, many others.

Definitely enough fodder for a full Progpower lineup.

Since Riverside is certainly out, I have my hopes up for Porcupine Tree, although they may not be metal enough for the show.

Of course, if it was Rhapsody (and I don't reckon it is), I'd pee my pants. I wouldn't be surprised if Dragonforce was one of the bands, either.

... and there is still hope for a folk/viking group! :p

Dredg is more of a prog rock band I guess, but they're US and I guess prog. Would be an interesting, if rather anti-climactic, opener. They'd be an odd fit in a show of already odd fits though.

And Dragonforce would be stellar. Guilty pleasure of guilty pleasures there

Section16 said:
In the interest of not building up false hopes for this year’s show, I regret to say that Magnitude 9 will not be performing at ProgPower 6.
In the immortal words of Mahatma Gandhi, "that sucks ass".

Hopefully we'll see you lads at PPVII.

Zod

Creeps said:
Anyhow here's my guesses of who I think it could be

Helloween
Accept
DGM
Masterplan
Rhapsody
Sinergy
Iron Savior
I'll throw out Warlock as a no chance in hell but I know they played a show overseas recently.

The number two slot (Friday headliner) is a US debut. I think that will eliminate some of those bands. Certainly Helloween and Accept have played the US before.

Bryant

Harvester said:
1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready,
2- U.S. debut
3- U.S. debut
4- Therion
5- U.S. debut
6- returning band
7- U.S. debut
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring
9- U.S. debut
10- opener (from the U.S.)

If I can't get the deal done on who I want for slot #1, then #2 will become the festival headliner and slot #2 will co-headline the night with slot #3.

Glenn H.
In this post from Glenn, he says the #8 slot is the band most had never heard of, but we all believe that was Circus Maximus...right? Now, the #8 slot is going to be announced next Mon., so did the order change or am I missing something here.

Bryant said:
The number two slot (Friday headliner) is a US debut. I think that will eliminate some of those bands. Certainly Helloween and Accept have played the US before.

Bryant
If, as I hope, Masterplan is yet to be announced, I think they will get the Friday night co-headliner slot. The #1 slot, I have no idea.

PriestMetalGods said:
I think Rhapsody is a logical choice for one of the bands. They announced a few months back on NY radio about their interest in coming to the US with Manowar. I heard nothing else after that about that tour since. If its even interest in coming to the US though, I think Prog Power would be the place to debut at. On Power of the Dragonflame's tour they were supposed to come to the US supposedly but couldn't find a good enough offer, I think now is the time for them to finally debut in the US.

I wish I had some of the "fantasy" inducing drugs some of you seem to have. Helloween, Rhapsody, Angra? Imagine how much $money another one of these bands would cost. Face it, you blew your "Power" budget on Stratovarious. Now, everyone repeat after me.....D.....G.....M, and Mag...Natude.....9!!!!!! :hotjump:

TheWhisper said:
In this post from Glenn, he says the #8 slot is the band most had never heard of, but we all believe that was Circus Maximus...right? Now, the #8 slot is going to be announced next Mon., so did the order change or am I missing something here.

Arrgh....#7. I meant #7! CMax was the #8.

Glenn H.

Magnitude 9 isn't playing. DGM would be cool though, you may have something there. I still think there's a chance for Rhapsody...might just be me hoping though.

(This is in response to Meanmistreator. I'm too lazy to bother with quote code.)