PRIMAL FEAR : 2014 North American tour

Gotcha - I didn't really notice because it was so bland and I gave up after a couple of attempts to get into it.

Heck yeah! Two tix will be purchased for the Tempe, AZ show. Hopefully there is more than the 25 people who were at the last Primal Fear show in AZ when the played UBs!

I might join you. They mixed up Quebec City and Montreal for the venues.

I just edited the dates. Quebec City is on May 1st and Montreal is on May 2nd. It'll be a great show, I saw Primal Fear 2 times and they're killer. Ralf Scheepers is an awesome singer, Magnus Karlsson and Alex Beyrodt are 2 great guitarist, Mat Sinner is a legend in his own self and Randy Black is one of my fave drummers to see live.

:headbang:

Heck yeah! Two tix will be purchased for the Tempe, AZ show. Hopefully there is more than the 25 people who were at the last Primal Fear show in AZ when the played UBs!

25? Damn... Good for you they come back again...

We were around 150-200 the last time in Quebec City I think, which is still a shame for a great band like Primal Fear. There should be more people interested to see such a talented band.

No opening acts at ALL? Hell, I might not even go if it's JUST Primal Fear. Unless their new album kicks a LOT of ass (and after "Unbreakable", I'm not expecting it to) I could do without seeing them a third time. I would hope some little upstart band would be looking for an avenue to move into the tour for some promotion. Without some support, I can see this ending very badly for PF, which is a shame, because it will probably discourage other bands from touring the US too.

No opening acts at ALL? Hell, I might not even go if it's JUST Primal Fear. Unless their new album kicks a LOT of ass (and after "Unbreakable", I'm not expecting it to) I could do without seeing them a third time. I would hope some little upstart band would be looking for an avenue to move into the tour for some promotion. Without some support, I can see this ending very badly for PF, which is a shame, because it will probably discourage other bands from touring the US too.

no, there will be opening acts...I am sure each date will be pack solid with locals. I would go to so many more shows if it was just the main act playing.

i'll be at the Grove. They were amazing in 09(i think) at the key club.

I too hope the new album is better than Unbreakables. It had a few good songs "And There Was Silence" "Metal Nation" "Strike" and "Give em Hell". But other than wasn't too good.

I just edited the dates. Quebec City is on May 1st and Montreal is on May 2nd. It'll be a great show, I saw Primal Fear 2 times and they're killer. Ralf Scheepers is an awesome singer, Magnus Karlsson and Alex Beyrodt are 2 great guitarist, Mat Sinner is a legend in his own self and Randy Black is one of my fave drummers to see live.

:headbang:

We gotta bring Rick and Nick with us and revive the PP USA vibe with the Canadians of Death!!! :kickass:

They need to make this an all-ages tour. I can easily bring 2 or 3 very excited teenagers with me to witness such a quality live experience. I'm so happy the're coming back to Louisville, even though the turnout last time was pathetic. There weren't many of us in the room, but PF gave us one HELL of a show nonetheless. So awesome, this band.

You know it's weird. This is one band I've never understood why they didn't get more popular. Most of their material is good and one of the better live power metal acts, yet no one goes to see them. As much as I'm glad they're going to be touring here, I'm surprised they are.

Easy Simon....
They COMPLETELY blew their opportunity to break in the states.

Date back to 2003 to Halfords "Metal Gods" tour.

That tour, though short lived was STACKED with bands who followed through from having their first big exposure in the states:
AMON AMARTH
BEHEMOTH
CARNAL FORGE
PRIMAL FEAR

(also were Halford, Testament, Immortal, etc)

The point being is Amon Amarth and Behemoth, primarily out of the bunch, continued to explore the States and jumped on a WIDE variety of tours.

This was the time when MANY power metal bands were starting to tour more regularly in the States (IE - HammerFall, Edguy, Kamelot, Nightwish, etc, etc).

So, the opportunity for Primal Fear TO become popular here was certainly there. They just chose to not concentrate on the States.

By no means are Primal Fear alone in this category.

I just think PF make the mistake of continuing to try to be a headliner here in the States. They should be the direct support before making that leap, IMHO.

To a previous poster, I am not trying to be a jerk, but I would REALLY love to see proof that Primal Fear anywhere at their own show in N America drew 200 people.

That 2003 tour was the only time I've seen Primal Fear. I seriously thought I was seeing the Halford band for a good chunk of their set before they finally said who they were.

That 2003 tour was the only time I've seen Primal Fear. I seriously thought I was seeing the Halford band for a good chunk of their set before they finally said who they were.

HAHAHAHAHA,
Now that is funny right there!!!

I have a better story.............

I walked up the stairs at the HOB in Chicago to Ralf saying "Thank you Chicago......good night"!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

They were supporting BLACK SUN which was seriously in my top 5 albums for that year.

So no, I have yet to "officially" see them live.

As others have said, I have not kept up with them, and it will depend on what else is going at the time and who all is on the bill.