The Misfits

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Does anyone on the board like the misfits? I really like the Misfits even with their new singer, I think they are a pretty melodic Metal band! Thats right I said METAL BAND!! I think they have a little of a punk-tinge to them. Anyways, enough rambling, do you guys think they would fit on a Progpower bill? I know this is a random question!!! P.S Mr. Harvester if you decide to sell any Gold badges is their a list I could get on. I would pay up to $130 a piece, I would need 2 thanks!

Shit, those guys are older than me! I can't see adding a punk band to a Prog Power festival though I'd see them in a different setting only if Glen Danzig got back with them.

JOhn

sure they're great, if you have the attention span of a fly. I'm one of the age 30 guys who saw them in their prime, if you can say that, with Danzig. Then i saw Samhain (promounced SOW-IN, by the way)
Then I saw Danzig on the 6 feet under tour a couple of years ago. I saw too much of him actually, he split his leather pants and his balls fell out. SO...why we start asking people to compare and contrast The Misfits with Iced Earth and then subdivide this research into those two factions and find a common thread that they relly play musical instruments and interpret things in different styles. Then divide that into male and females who like Danzig and IE, or maybe it all depends on Matthew Barlow's balls. Maybe we should get a look at them and start a thread on Danzig's balls and Matt's balls.

Dave Dave Dave....I was lucky enough to see Danzig supporting Ozzy (maybe not the best choice of words) and Sepultura a few years back. I was also fortunate enough that his pants stayed together (whew).

JOhn

YEAH, that's the last time i'm up fron at a Danzig show....very traumatic though it was...the bass/drum/guitar/solo that followed while he changed his pants was almost unbearable....
dave

Mega 14 year bump...

ORIGINAL MISFITS REUNITE FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 1983; TO HEADLINE RIOT FEST IN DENVER, CHICAGO

"...And they said it would never happen. Never!! However, this September, original singer/songwriter Glenn Danzig, original bassist Jerry Only and long-time guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein - for the first time in over 30 years - will be stepping onto stage together as “The Original Misfits” to headline Riot Fest & Rodeo in Denver, CO (September 2nd - 4th) and Riot Fest & Carnival in Chicago, IL (September 16th - 18th)...."

misfitstourmay.jpg

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
God I hope they don't weaken the brand anymore than Jerry already has! Danzig hasn't been relevant in 20 years, and Jerry Only is the Charlie Dominici of the Misfits...totally nobody gives a shit.
Let's hope for greatness, but then again, it has been 33 years! Lets hope for no heart attacks on stage...and a Rollins appearance on "We Are 138"

Whether he's "relevant" or not is irrelevant, he's still the best damn singer they ever had. The issue with the Misfits, is that Jerry Only has gentrified the band to death in the place of Graves, Doyle, and Danzig. Hopefully Glenn and Doyle can bring back some nuts to the band instead of the stupid "child friendly" crap Only is preoccupied with. He'll stay on bass, where he belongs.

MISFITS - FRIDAY THE 13TH EP AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

"...On June 17th, the legendary Misfits will release their new EP, Friday The 13th. It features four new horror-punk anthems, written by founding fiend Jerry Only himself...
...Friday The 13th features the current lineup of: Jerry Only (bass / vocals), Jerry Other (guitar), and Eric "Chupacabra" Arce (drums). Note that Glenn Danzig is not part of this EP...."

p1aio1nenc1j8h1soq10si159qolp4.jpg

Christ. Would somebody pull Jerry's head out of his ass? I know it's comfy tongue-licking your own prostate, but it's time to come back to reality. "Founding fiend", what a bunch of crap.

I hope they add more shows, this could be a great thing if they just do a quick, once-around, reunion world tour. People would love it and they could go back to their own projects afterwards.