The Official Sat. Headliner Suggest Thread

Mosquito said:
1. He didn't have a barstool
2. See http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4522774&postcount=17
as I covered it last night actually

Jesus christ...how much Dream Theater cock sucking does there have to be on this forum? If you want Dream Theater so bad...just go to one of their many USA concerts and stop requesting them for PP.

Alot...if it weren't for DT there wouldn't be half the bands around to do PP. They opened up the market for prog metal. Swano himself dusts his knees off.
I didn't request them...l know it's a far fetched idea that they would even consider PP. They're the top band in prog metal and do well enough on their own.

Now, a James Labrie project featuring material off the Elements of Persuasion release...now there's a helluva thought for PP.

Elements of Persuasion > the last 2 DT albums.

Just because they were first doesn't mean we have to love their hairy asses year after year. And Portnoy himself said: Fates Warning beat us to it.

not to mention, that for your argument, what DT did for prog metal can easily be equalled by what Swanö did for a bunch of DM bands in terms of putting projects together and production.

the only reason i wouldn't want Nightingale/EoS/Swanö is because, i must confess, they are my favorite band on this planet, and I'd prefer he finish his damned new album already. :tickled:

TheWhisper said:
Glenn, get to work on that Crimson Glory reunion again.:D

Doctor Butcher - with Zak joining them for some Savatage stuff.
Fates Warning
Masterplan
Saxon
Iommi/Hughes
TNT

DOCTOR BUTCHER WOULD RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Even though I am EXTREMELY dissapointed about Nevermore...

My choices:

Brainstorm
Masterplan (One can always re-try)
Edguy (Seen them a couple of times... but I love their live show!)
or or or (I am daydreaming here) Dickinson (This would be my first choice... but I am being realistic...)

First things first...I am not and never been an ass kisser, BUT, Sir Glenn deserves all the praise and then some from true metalheads worldwide. I never would have thought I would have been able to experience Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Therion, Orphaned Land, etc play in the US with the horrible musical tastes of mainsteam America. Thanks for doing your part in keeping true metal alive in the States!!! I know that Glenn must feel horrible about Nevermore backing out of PPUSA (don't blame Nevermore, it's not their fault), but no matter who he should bring in at the 11th hour to replace them I know that it will be great. History speaks for itself!!!

With that said...if you can't beat 'em...join 'em...here are my candidates for the replacement headliner:

Gamma Ray
Freedom Call
Pagan's Mind (yeah I know they don't have the tenure but they would slay)
Vanden Plas
At Vance (Dragonchaser rules and who else could pull off ABBA covers)
Primal Fear (Metal is Forever!!!)
Dream Evil
Tiamat
Dark Moor
Symphony X

STAY METAL :headbang:

I forgot to mention Kamelot, Roy and Simone back to back and possibly singing together (Somewhere in time, and that Epica song Roy did..) sounds great to me.

Names at random (reallistic or not) that I believe will fit:

Blind Guardian
Helloween
Dream Theater
Shadow Gallery
Manigance
Wolf (SWE)
Highland Glory
Masterplan
Jorn
Time Requiem
Acid Rain (SP)
Mesmerize (IT)
Steel Prophet
Rata Blanca
Astral Doors
Stream of Passion/Ayreon
Tarot (FIN)
Bruce Dickinson
Skyclad

zimbee said:
Running Wild. ;)

That's tough... I sorta like the Symphony X suggestion.

Helloween is headliner material, but their latest is a major disappointment for me.

Alas, most of the rest of the stuff I would love to see is not really headliner material. Devin Townsend, Freedom Call, Stream of Passion, Threshold, Subway To Sally...

I'm all for Running Wild also and Helloween. Gamma Ray also since they are only doing a handful of dates in the spring.