Who will Headline?

corvinus

Jan 21, 2006
I know it's lame but i love reading people's opinions on who should headline, heck sometimes people are right!

So, which 'big' bands you think will headline friday and saturday?

Symphony X, Angra and/or Nightwish...Personally I'd love to see Buckethead :kickass: Had to mention that :lol: It was cool that Shades posted about him. Bizarre as he is...the guy can play something fierce:headbang: Unfortunately he doesn't have the recognition to headline, but would love to see him in a lower slot.

I think Evergrey is going to play on Saturday.... all five slots.

Though honestly I don't know. I'd love to see Therion return for a headline spot with their new album coming out. Not too sure how many dates (if any) will be in the US on their world tour so I think a spot at PP might be the only way to see them w/o traveling out of the country for a few years.

Here are the bands I'd love to see as headliner, besides the already mention Pain of Salvation:

Pain of Salvation (yes, again)
Angra
Nightwish
Savatage
Nevermore
Helloween with Kai Hansen

Will post more ideas as they come to mind.

Didnt Daniel say POS wont be playing in the US anymore due to the fingerprinting program for work visas?

Yeah, he did. Many times. But hope is the last thing that dies.

I hope he may have changed his point of view, or that he agrees to come by boat to the USA coast without having to go through the hassle of customs/immigration booth. at airports. :lol::lol:

I wouldn't attempt to second guess Glenn, he may have something super special up his sleeve, so i will just guess who I would like to headline.

NIGHTWISH
ORPHANED LAND
STAR ONE/SoP
SYMPHONY X
VANDEN PLAS

Daniel Gildenlow was willing to come to the US for Gigantour 05. As you may have heard, there was a communication breakdown between Dave's management and PoS's management: PoS never received the offer, so Dave had to assume they weren't interested. When a fan contacted Daniel Gildenlow to ask why he said no to Gigantour, Daniel said something like: "What? They asked for us? We never got the offer... but of course we'd be interested and we'll send a message to Megadeth's agency now." (We believe there was an email malfunction). By then, of course, it was too late and the tour lineup had already been solidified, but the most important thing about that was that for the right offer, Daniel said he was willing to come to the US. Given that he has a person-to-person working relationship with Glen and he knows Glen is not "big-Bad-USA", I think he'd be willing to put aside political hangups to come back for us PoS-starved fans in the US.

afterthought: i believe this was after his dismissal from The Flower Kings for said political reasons.

My headliner predictions:
Friday - Symphony X
Saturday - Gamma Ray

I would cream myself 10000000000000000000000000000000000000^999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 times over again if that happened!!!!!!!!!!!

:ill:

I worry about you, son. I really do.

:loco:

but seriously, let's get someone in here who has NOT headlined this festival or played more than once already. So that leaves out POS, Angra, Edguy, Kamelot and Evergrey. Otherwise, I don't mind who headlines, so long as it's a band who's capable of it. I don't follow Vanden Plas at all, but with all the hoopla throughout the forums, I could see them filling a Friday night headliner slot.

and you know who I'd want to see as a Saturday headliner...?

Nightwish, Savatage, Symphony X, Gamma Ray, or THERION!!! :kickass:

I could go with any of the bands thus far named minus PoS and Therion not as much though I did enjoy them I would prefer to see a band I havent seen yet. I for those of you that suggested Savatage it would have to be with Jon since JoP is headlining PP Euro.

I would also like to add:

Primal Fear
Iced Earth (no way in helll) Barlowe or not
Heaven And Hell

I honestly cant really think of any other headlining quality of band, but I didnt think that Jorn deserved to headline either.