Who will Headline?

Nightwish would be cool IF Tarja would join the band to play PP. I would love to see that....
SO... if that's not the case, not sure if I would like to see the "new" nightwish as headliner
MY opinion! I know some people might get "mad" at me because of this
lol

I rather see Helloween (even if I don't LOVE them)

I have a hunch that all of Glenn's raving about Gettysburg in the Barlow vs Owens thread could be a hint at Iced Earth being booked. I remember reading Schaeffer had really good things to say about the festival back in 2002.

Nightwish would be cool IF Tarja would join the band to play PP. I would love to see that....
SO... if that's not the case, not sure if I would like to see the "new" nightwish as headliner
MY opinion! I know some people might get "mad" at me because of this
lol

I rather see Helloween (even if I don't LOVE them)

No singer in this world can replace Tarja, in my opinion.

I have a hunch that all of Glenn's raving about Gettysburg in the Barlow vs Owens thread could be a hint at Iced Earth being booked. I remember reading Schaeffer had really good things to say about the festival back in 2002.

Yeah there was alot of input there. l'm sure Jon keeps an eye on PP...he even attended & announced Blind Guardian at PPIII. Getting IE would be a coup...hearing Tim rip through Center Stage would make the event.

Yeah there was alot of input there. l'm sure Jon keeps an eye on PP...he even attended & announced Blind Guardian at PPIII. Getting IE would be a coup...hearing Tim rip through Center Stage would make the event.

Tim's the reason I would be disappointed if Iced Earth got announced for PP. Good singer, just in my opinion the least-suited to Iced Earth out of the four vocalists they've had.

Band I think will definitly be a headliner:
Symphony X

Band I think deserves to be in a high slot this year based off a recent successful album:
Vanden Plas

Band I want to see return in a high slot:
Silent Force

Band I would be thrilled/blown away amazed to see be the other headliner:
Shadow Gallery

My totally selfish ideal 2nd headliner:
Gamma Ray

Best guess for the second headliner:
Helloween (in some form)

Ok...somebody has to visit the vendors while the others watch IE. l'm thinking you would probably be lonely out there though.

I wouldn't choose the vendors over *any* band, my point is there are plenty of bands out there I'd rather see headline. Iced Earth in 2001 or something would have been great though.

You know if my calculations are correct 2008 would be their 30th anniversary, right?

I read an interview with Jon yesterday online and 2008 makes sense to me now. It left me thinking hmmmm.................... :err:

Well the real issue is where Jon Oliva will be in Europe the weekend of PP USA as PP Europe is the same weekend and Jon Oliva's Pain is playing there. So, definately not until 2008 at the earliest (unless they manage to clone him between now and then along with a way to make him age rapidly but even then you're not assured the clone with have his talent).