Who will Headline?

I would imagine Dragonforce would sell out Earthlink by themselves. If they can't, than they probably wouldn't bother playing Atlanta. I would suspect, any band who could sell Earthlink out on their own, will never take part in a festival where they are part of a five band bill.

1500 tickets? That's a tall order. There are some national acts on major labels that play Earthlink and don't sell out. Ciara is playing on 12/7. Tickets went on sale three weeks ago. It's not sold out and I doubt it will be. I also doubt Dragonforce is a bigger draw than Ciara, who is getting MTV airplay around the clock, as well as BET airplay and VH1 airplay.

They sold out the Nokia theatre in NYC for over 2500 people, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold out Centerstage (Earthlink Live).

No way in hell could Brainstorm headline Prog Power. That would be one of the worst draws in the fest's history, and I say this a huge Brainstorm fan.

Nocturnal Rites already played a US fest so they wouldn't make a good headliner.

Dragonforce is awesome, but their label does not want to associate them with the Prog Power crowd.

Also, I want to see Orphaned Land on tour. They need to be pushed bigtime.

No way in hell could Brainstorm headline Prog Power. That would be one of the worst draws in the fest's history, and I say this a huge Brainstorm fan.

Nocturnal Rites already played a US fest so they wouldn't make a good headliner.

Dragonforce is awesome, but their label does not want to associate them with the Prog Power crowd.

Also, I want to see Orphaned Land on tour. They need to be pushed bigtime.

Edguy headlined,and Brainstorm wipes the mat with them,both musicly and energy wise
Nocturnal Rites did very little for me at Powerfest,IMO
Morgana Lefey ,However,thats another story(wonder if they could do a 4 spot)

kamelot, sonata arctica - HEADLINERS
scar symmetry, nocturnal rites - CO-HEADLINERS

and though all the anti-growlers would whine, why not wintersun as a co-headliner? new album "time" is coming soon. never played the states. and watching the bonus dvd off the new tour edition of their s/t debut, an undeniably great live band.

Wintersun WOULD RULE!!:kickass:

i want to throw in another vote for Rhapsody of Fire. Also although I know it wont happen Shadow Gallery would be an incredible addition to the lineup. They have to play someday!

I heard a rumour that Blind Guardian would tour North America again in 2007. If there's any band that would make my sleep-deprived self drink 20 cups of coffee to stay awake for the entire headline slot, it would be them.

Nocturnal Rites friday and Rhapsody saturday. It wouldn't get any better than that for me. Kamelot, Hammerfall, EDGUY, Symphony X would also make great headliners. I would love to see Mob Rules at Progpower no matter what slot!!!!These guys keep putting out quality music again and again.

Troy

Really hope NOT TO SEE Edguy, Dragonforce...

And someone said Wintersun.. wow, that WOULD RULE indeed

They'd have to do an hour of Helloween covers if they headlined.

I think the headliner with the least number of albums that we've ever had would be Angra, who had four full length studio albums when they played PPIII. I think Symphony X also had four when they headlined PPII.

They'd have to do an hour of Helloween covers if they headlined.

I think the headliner with the least number of albums that we've ever had would be Angra, who had four full length studio albums when they played PPIII. I think Symphony X also had four when they headlined PPII.

Pain of Salvation headlined PPUSA 1.0, and I think they only had three albums out at the time: Entropia, One Hour By the Concrete Lake, and The Perfect Element, which was brand-new, as I recall.

I think Nightwish is definitely in the mix for the headliner spot, since their CD will be coming out around May. Sonata Arctica is another one That would be there. But, I am thinking that Glenn would have someting wild up his sleeve. So, trying to roll the dice......

FRIDAY: Nightwish or After Forever
SATURDAY: Dream Evil or Arjen Lucassen

Cellador would be a cool/interesting choice. Can't see them headlining though.
Dragonforce as a headliner would MOST DEFINITELY be a disaster. PP is not a festival for emo kids obviously, and besides, it's sold out every year (except for maybe 2006??). Considering it'll be on the same venue, why would Glenn want anymore people in there? I love them, they're one of my favorite bands, right up there with COB, CELLADOR and, more recently, AXENSTAR. So I'd say, how about CELLADOR or AXENSTAR? Like other people said, CELLADOR doesn't have enough material for a headlining spot, but why not somewhere? 2nd, 3rd? DRAGONLAND would be great, too. Just standing up for EXTREME POWER METAL :)

P.S: HELLOWEEN with Kai Hansen AND Kiske?!?!?!?!?! LOL don't shoot me people, it was a joke.........a bit of sense of humor doesn't hurt, does it?