You know, I never see any asian metal bands on this forum

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Maybe it's because i don't typically venture into band threads with names I don't recognize.

So, I present you Galneryus.

The saddest part about this clip is it sounds like they're holding back.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother-in-law was recently in Singapore and asked me if I wanted her to track anything down for me. I couldn't think of any Asian bands. I know metal does decent in Asia, but I am not quite sure why we never hear about any of the bands from Asia. That being said, my mother-in-law is very cool for supporting my metal habit.

Let's don't bring up X-Japan in this thread, PLEASE. So here is some more Galneryus!!!! Move over Dragonforce hehehehehe

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hL-iO86vdI&feature=channel[/ame]

My mother-in-law was recently in Singapore and asked me if I wanted her to track anything down for me. I couldn't think of any Asian bands. I know metal does decent in Asia, but I am not quite sure why we never hear about any of the bands from Asia. That being said, my mother-in-law is very cool for supporting my metal habit.

Wormrot from Singapore is pretty good. They just played here in Atlanta a few weeks ago with phobia.

Japan's got fucking amazing bands...but many of them are not Prog-Power friendly. Except for the fans of extreme genres as well:

Boris
Sigh
Church of Misery
Sabbat
Abigail
Metalucifer
Corrupted
Intestine Baalism
Vomit Remnants
Bathtub Shitter
Gonin-Ish

Japan's got fucking amazing bands...but many of them are not Prog-Power friendly. Except for the fans of extreme genres as well:

Boris
Sigh
Church of Misery
Sabbat
Abigail
Metalucifer
Corrupted
Intestine Baalism
Vomit Remnants
Bathtub Shitter
Gonin-Ish

Word.

let's not forget about Japanese hardcore, either.

GISM
Bastard
Parasite
Gauze
Paintbox
Crow
Slang
Disclose
etc etc etc

I'll give you that. I'm just not that into hardcore. I've tried. Those assholes on the MDF forum are obsessed with it...and I just can't get into it. I am quite picky about the grindcore I like too.

Hate to burst your bubble, but since Israel is an Asian country (that only acts European/American), any thread with Orphaned Land counts. And they're performed thrice at PP (or 2 times, plus one Shane-sponsored show)

Technically Yes, but in actuality it is in a part of Asia called Eurasia. But for gosh sakes don't tell an Israeli they are a part of Asia. or for that matter a Saudi.:devil::devil::devil:

I'll give you that. I'm just not that into hardcore. I've tried. Those assholes on the MDF forum are obsessed with it...and I just can't get into it. I am quite picky about the grindcore I like too.

Yeah it's not for everyone. You should check out the MAN album from GISM though...I think you'd be into it. It's when they decided to go all Iron Maiden.

Can't forget this band from Taiwan - SERAPHIM

Maybe it's because i don't typically venture into band threads with names I don't recognize.
:lol: :lol: And here I thought I spent too much time talking about Asian bands on this forum. Guess that gives me some wiggle room to really go crazy, eh? Galneryus are great and I like them even more with their new singer. They've been posted on this forum a number of times but in different threads. Always good to see them getting some love. :headbang:

Let's don't bring up X-Japan in this thread, PLEASE.
Even though you don't like them, they still deserve to be mentioned amongst Asian metal bands. Yeah, I know there's a whole thread dedicated to them, but it was obviously overlooked by the OP. Watch out, I'm about to bring up another band you can't stand. Get ready!

Versailles, also known in the U.S. as Versailles ~Philharmonic Quintet~ are a neo-classical metal band with a heavy dose of speed metal and power metal. That's the best way I've come up with to describe them. They are a visual kei band so they also have a heavy emphasis on costumes, make-up, props, and theatrics, with an aristocrat vampire theme. No, they don't take themselves seriously, but they are serious about putting on a good show! They cite Angra and Dream Theater as influences, amongst others, including X JAPAN of course.

So now that we've covered X JAPAN, Galneryus, and Versailles, let's go a little further with the more "mainstream" (?) bands.

DEATHGAZE ... maybe a little too "nu-metal" for some, and certainly the vocals will be a deal breaker for others.

-OZ- ...

girugämesh ...

And something a little old school
SEIKIMA II ...

That's enough from me for now. If anyone wants to have a discussion on Asian rock and/or pop bands, I'm game for that in the lounge. Dial it up, I'll be on the other end of the line!

Thanks for the recommendations on the extreme stuff. I'm loving it and I'm so happy to see others knowing so many Asian metal bands I've never even heard of! Killer!

Surprised no one has mentioned Cthonic. Then again, maybe that awful Painkiller cover is still in people's minds. :lol:

Anyways, Cthonic is a great band that is sort of a Taiwanese version of Cradle of Filth (mostly just in sound as they don't try to shock just to shock), but they expand upon it with Asian instruments.

Love that you brought EZO & Vow Wow into the mix, Creeps! Two classics indeed!

I also love these old schoolers! :kickass:

Anthem ...

Sex Machineguns ...

44 Magnum ...