You know, I never see any asian metal bands on this forum

Also, this is really cool.
v

Yeah that is pretty cool! Good find!

So, I've hesitated to post this band because I'm not sure how the reaction would be. The comments on youtube are pretty much what I expect to read here too, but given the openness and diversity of this thread maybe someone else will be into it too. At the very least, it's rather polished and professional. I've only recently started listening to this band but I'm really liking their direction!

Last edited by a moderator:
HarrdyHarrHarr :zzz:

I've always heard about Earthshaker and have heard a handful of songs. I loved what I heard but never got around to listening to more. Those songs that you posted were incredible!! Thanks!! I'm not sure why I kinda ignored these guys. Maybe "so many bands, so little time" syndrome?

Kenso... cool but not my thing. They're really talented(!) but I don't think I could sit and listen to it regularly.

Teru's Symphonia is pretty nice. Reminds me of JAM Project a bit. Not sure if this vid would demonstrate very well since that comparison comes after listen to a lot of JAM Project. (first couple of minutes are nice but way different from the rest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCDrmYcEck

Loved JAM Project, reminds me of a kind of Avantasia. Also really like Janne De Ark a lot, as well as Hizaki, and Ark Storm wasn't bad at all. Thanks!

I used to get a real kick out of those ridiculous visual kei bands like Versailles, HIZAKI Grace Project and so forth but now they've just lost their appeal to me. I still love X-Japan when they play like Helloween, but my favorite Japanese metal bands are ANTHEM, LOUDNESS, GALNERYUS, and that sort. I never heard a Chinese metal band I liked and I'm still sifting throught the groups from these other countries.

To me, this is some of the best that Japan has to offer

Also, this is really cool.
v

Really liked Stingray thanks for the post man! Would LOVE to see Galneryus live, and X-Japan again!

Glad you like giru & DEATHGAZE so much!! Versailles are one of my favorite bands but I can't expect everyone to love them like I do :lol: Boris are pretty great but I must admit I don't listen to them much.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

206 And Thinkers - Doom/Black Metal - China

Disgusted - Vietnam - Death Metal

Fallen Grace - Sri Lanka - Melodic Death Metal

Unlimited - Vietnam Melodic Power/Speed Metal

Funeral In Heaven - Sri Lanka - Black Metal

Well, there's some stuff on the more obscure side of 'Asian Metal' for you...

So I've been trying to find Onmyouza/Onmyou-za retails for decent prices. I'm not paying $50 for any cd. I'll pay full price for imports from UK (25$ ish) when I can basically only order it from the bands shop... but $50 is insane. I've seen one of their latest ones for about 15$ but thats it. Anyone know of a place where I can get most of their stuff with at least some of my cash going to the band?

So I've been trying to find Onmyouza/Onmyou-za retails for decent prices. I'm not paying $50 for any cd. I'll pay full price for imports from UK (25$ ish) when I can basically only order it from the bands shop... but $50 is insane. I've seen one of their latest ones for about 15$ but thats it. Anyone know of a place where I can get most of their stuff with at least some of my cash going to the band?

I'm sorry, it seems all my regular resources for Asian music don't have anything for Onmyouza at all, let alone at a good price. I've tried cdjapan, yesasia, hearjapan, jpopasia, ... hell even rakuten for the giggles... haven't checked ebay yet, lol. Where have you found them? If I see a good deal, I'll certainly post it here. Maybe someone in one of the resell communities on livejournal might have something. I'll keep an eye out!

I'm sorry, it seems all my regular resources for Asian music don't have anything for Onmyouza at all, let alone at a good price. I've tried cdjapan, yesasia, hearjapan, jpopasia, ... hell even rakuten for the giggles... haven't checked ebay yet, lol. Where have you found them? If I see a good deal, I'll certainly post it here. Maybe someone in one of the resell communities on livejournal might have something. I'll keep an eye out!

Cheers for the help, this is all I could find: http://www.japanfiles.com/store/onmyo-za-kongo-kyuubi-usa-release.html

Any other odd sites that I found would normally only have this at a decent price as well.

Now is a good time to mention this with the recently interest in Fu Xi... And here is a good place to do it for anyone not following that thread.

User "burningchina" on eBay is a very reputable seller of heaps of all this obscure metal. He has Chinese and Japanese metal, rock, and pop, as well as other great metal picks. He also some cool leather accessories on the cheap.

http://stores.ebay.com/burningchina

:headbang:

How about Liv Moon? Sounds like a darker version of Tarja-era Nightwish, complete with a flawless lyric soprano singer who can hit some impressively high notes (check out that last song at 3:34!) and some pretty impressive guitar chops as well. Been playing this a lot lately, I'm extremely impressed with their newest album.