You Know What Would Be Cool!!!

legalman20

Oct 30, 2002
orlando, FL
Visit site
To see MASTERPLAN play on progpower4 that song HEROES with a special appearance by MICHAEL KISKE!!!...and then later they decide to drop in a HELLOWEEN song!!! That would just make my dayyyyy!!!

later dudes
Brian

An appearance bt Michael Kiske wouldn't be all that great. He's not into metal music anymore, despite his recent guest appearances.
A Masterplan performance would be great though. I think their new album is fantastic.

markgugs said:
Dude, PMF, most of us realize at this point that you don't particularly care for power metal in general, but is it completely necessary to always post things like this?

In this case though, he's right, they are llaaaaaaaaaaame. Market Research Metal.

Well I'm not debating that. Debating opinions is rather silly IMO (though I've been guilty of it plenty, I'll surely admit).

What I'm debating is why bother saying the same old thing over and over? That's equally silly, no?

YtseJammer said:
I'd love to see Masterplan and a guest appearance by Kiske would make the festival worth the trip in and of itself.

If you were Kiske, would you sit on a plane that long for just a guest appearance? If you were Glenn, would you pay for just a guest appearance?

Why would Masterplan play anything other than post-Keepers Helloween songs anyway, if they were going to bother?

Why isn't anyone hoping to see Masterplan for the MASTERPLAN songs they'd play, which are good enough on their own?

No..OBVIOUSLY it's not going to happen. Let's be serious. I'm just stating the obvious..IF it happened, everyone would go apeshit.....I'm not bombarding Glenn with the request. I may dream, but I'm practical.

And I'd be very happy seeing Masterplan play alone..as I stated in my original post.

And I wouldn't expect them to do Keepers era Helloween stuff..but something like REVELATION from Better than Raw would make perfect sense, considering Grapow wrote the damn tune......

YtseJammer said:
And I wouldn't expect them to do Keepers era Helloween stuff..but something like REVELATION from Better than Raw would make perfect sense, considering Grapow wrote the damn tune......

Thought that was a Kusch song? Eh, I don't have the CD in front of me, you may be right. :)

What are you talking about markgugs? I listen to more power metal than most the so-called power metal fans in this forum! But Masterplan is really really generic.

Well see, maybe I wouldn't have the wrong impression if I hadn't read comments like that from you very often. Seriously, I'm not flaming you at ALL, I'm just pointing out that it seems like you post something like that quite a bit...why bother?

Masterplan rules!!!! Their album is awesome and I would love to see them at PPIV.
ProgMetalFan: I listen to more power metal than you, and Masterplan kicks major ass!

I agree with the "market research" comment...what surprises me is the role that eager fans play in the genre's stagnation...I think Masterplan is an example of wasted potential, and the "brief guest appearance by an ex-Helloween member" ploy has been done to death... :)

I'm torn on Masterplan. On the one hand, it's a solid disc. However, when I'm listening to it, I can't help but think about what a huge mistake Jorn has made by leaving Ark for a fairly generic Power Metal band. Ark was a special band. They had a unique sound and were doing their own thing. Bands like Masterplan come and go without anyone batting an eye.

GZ

Hmm, I think I may have to clarify my earlier responses, as if anyone cares.

Masterplan = Cool... good talent, good songs.

Dragonforce= Market Research Metal... talent but no damn songs but carefully calculated to appeal to the power metal audience... and a damn, damn shame.

I like both of em.. just picked em up the other night. I like a lot of power metal bands out there.. there's a lot I don't like. I understand that the power metal sounds is supposed to fall within certain 'parameters' to be considered power. I'm ok with it providing the band writes good material. The number of power metal CDs has grown immensely within the past 2-3 years and I'm glad it has.