A note about Powerglove

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how much of their first two albums do they play at shows? I'm much more into their video game stuff than their most recent album which I find a bit goofy. Surely they'll play a lot of video game tracks for all you power metal nerds that will be in attendance ;) I want to hear Red Wings Over Baron in particular, though I'm not counting on it. Should be a lot of fun regardless.

Just saw them last night open for Symphony X and still don't see the appeal. Its kind of like Van Canto...after 2 minutes the novelty wore off. The funny thing is I know many of the themes because I used to be big into 80's cartoons, comics, and video games (especially old school 2D RPG's) but this still did NOTHING for me. They weren't horrible by any means and seem like a fun and talented group of musicians but I'll pass in the future.
That sums it up for me as well, though I will give 'em another listen at ProgPower.

Glad to see some love directed at PowerGlove. I've been a fan since over a year ago when thy opened for Sonata Arctica. Unfortunately I missed the SymX. Show last week.

PG songs are on my treadmill playlist as they're great for keeping me upbeat.

I've been a fan since over a year ago when thy opened for Sonata Arctica.

Same! I remember attending the SA show last year in one of the worst moods possible, and sitting through two mismatched local openers didn't help... but when Powerglove came on, their silliness and nostalgia factor cheered me up immensely. When they did the X-Men theme, I was in heaven. I think I'll be wearing my PG shirt Thursday night this year, and maybe see if I can run into them and thank them in person. :)

I'm new here, so I'm a nobody / troll - but any band who is willing to go to the kinds of extremes as PowerGlove and many other theatrical / costume / themed bands, gets some respect from me. Those guys took a chance on an idea and they are making it work. Props to them !

Props to the OP too !

Really, it's just the one.

If you're referring to me, I am officially leaving this board. It's nothing personal or anything, but I am sick of being called a troll by people who clearly don't know what trolling is. I actually LIKE AngraRULES too, my reply in the thread wasn't of my silly goofy sort but an honest opinion.

I'm new here, so I'm a nobody / troll - but any band who is willing to go to the kinds of extremes as PowerGlove and many other theatrical / costume / themed bands, gets some respect from me. Those guys took a chance on an idea and they are making it work. Props to them !

Props to the OP too !

I love their costumes. They've been doing that from the beginning. They're hilariously cool.

If you're referring to me, I am officially leaving this board. It's nothing personal or anything, but I am sick of being called a troll by people who clearly don't know what trolling is. I actually LIKE AngraRULES too, my reply in the thread wasn't of my silly goofy sort but an honest opinion.

I thought he was referring to TDD? :I

TDD...ease up on being the board smart-ass every now and then. Otherwise, some of your valid points are hidden in your rhetoric.

AS... I do believe you are over-reacting. When you voice a strong opinion, you are going to get a strong reaction for good or bad. If you leave, I wish you well. I hope you do not.

Corsair.... You are entitled to your opinion, but I firmly believe that AS has been one of the most valuable contributors on this forum once you get past the strong personality that can sometimes come across as overly aggresive.

Let's close this thread and hopefully everyone will come back in another thread and play nice. Otherwise, I'm just going to start handing out vacations as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.