Albums that you *LOVE*...and everyone else hates...

Emerald Sword said:
IRON MAIDEN - "The X Factor" and "Virtual XI". I don't care how many people bitched that Blaze Bayley sucked on these albums! MAIDEN rules no matter who's singing! UP THE IRONS!

I really liked Virtual X as well! I still think "The Clansman" :headbang: is one of the best songs Steve Harris has ever wrote!

As for Priest's Turbo I thought "Out In The Cold" was awesome and "Locked In" was pretty cool.

I also enjoyed Metallica's Load and ReLoad.

Though it might not apply on this forum as much, most of my friends hate my Manowar CD's. Others give me hell for listening to Bon Jovi and other assorted hair metal.

I also like Nickelback's Silver Side Up and their new album All the Right Reasons

Type O Negative, October Rust. Most of their longtime fans rate it lower than Bloody Kisses, and while I like Bloody Kisses a lot -- I have both versions too, Regor! -- October Rust is my favorite from them. Actually it's one of my Top 5 CDs ever. (!)

Blue Oyster Cult, Imaginos. Great CD that approximately five people ever liked (I'm counting Benmech). Even the band never really got behind it, for various political/bullsh*t issues.

Metallica, The Black Album. Tr00 fans don't like it since it's the sellout CD. Maybe so. I like every album they did before it, but for me, TBA was Metallica finally hitting on all cylinders -- including production, i.e., "wow, we have a bass player and we'll let you hear him this time" -- and I think it's a great CD.
I'm biased a bit: we were treated like royalty on that tour since I knew Kirk and my friend knew Jason, but I do think the CD is great. I still can't tolerate hearing "Enter Sandman" much......lord, did that song get overplayed! :)

--And I like a lot of 311's stuff. By random chance, the first music ever heard in my new house was a 311 CD. :)

Days of the New II - (Green album)
Days of the New III - (Red album)

Everyone I talk to just remembers them from their first album, and thinks they were AIC rip-offs, which they arent. The next two albums brought a lot of orchestration to the music, and it's much more prog than most would admit.

Agreeing with assorted people on:

Rush - Grace Under Pressure (love Power Windows and Hold Your Fire too)
Queenrsÿche - Hear In The Now Frontier (not seeing alleged grunge influence)
Metallica - Metallica, Load, ReLoad (but St. Anger still blows)
Warrant - Dog Eat Dog (very different from their first 2 albums)

...and adding:

Kiss - Lick It Up, Hot In The Shade
Aerosmith - Nine Lives

Fates Warning..."Inside Out"
David Lee Roth "A Li'l aint Enough"
Tesla "Its so good i cant remember the name of it" lol...the one right before their long hiatus
Boston "Third Stage"

Every disc Vain has done is to me a classic,so I cant say anybody hates em,just that theyre not aware of em

Yanni - Keys To Imagination
Lionel Richie - Can't Slow Down
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Neil Diamond - Anything he's ever recorded in his entire life (he is my God and I will praise his holy name, all hail Neil the Almighty)
Whitecross - the first 4 albums
Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare
Tourniquet - Pathogenic Occular Dissonance
House of Lords

I'll stop there, I've shared too much already

Hal9000 said:

House of Lords

DELIVERANCE - WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE IS AN ABSOLUTE FANTASTIC ALBUM, AND DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU OTHERWISE! IT'S AN ABSOLUTE THRASH METAL CLASSIC THAT NEEDS TO BE AVAILABLE AGAIN! :headbang:

Hal9000 said:
Yanni - Keys To Imagination
Lionel Richie - Can't Slow Down
Neil Diamond - Anything he's ever recorded in his entire life (he is my God and I will praise his holy name, all hail Neil the Almighty)
Whitecross - the first 4 albums
Tourniquet - Pathogenic Occular Dissonance
House of Lords

Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance is a monster album, I don't care what anyone says.

House of Lords is a great badn through and through as well.

Scorpions - SAVAGE AMUSEMENT
Dream Theater - WHEN DREAM AND DAY UNITE
Pantera - PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE/I AM THE NIGHT/POWER METAL
Don Dokken - UP FROM THE ASHES (just don't hear it referenced much)
Europe - OUT OF THIS WORLD
Shy - EXCESS ALL AREAS

from other lists:

Rush - GRACE UNDER PRESSURE (this one seemes to be getting more respect these days)
Y&T - CONTAGIOUS (Martin Popoff actually gave this a "0" in his review *lol*)
Ratt - DANCING UNDERCOVER

Stuff like that...

Wite Lion, Mane Attraction...freaking love that disc...

House of Lords Demons Down....as my dad would say "good naval combat music"

Shark Island Law of the Order...why oh why no more from them

Wicked Maraya Cycles...jeebus that dude can sing...saw them live opening up for overkill...funny that the pics in the liner notes look nothing like them..i didnt know they were opening..but all of a sudden 4 bald biker looking dudes come out with one long haired dude....the singer...bald..leather..chains..i thought what the hell is this..then blam....holy crap this is wicked maraya....yeaaaahhhh booooiiiiii

cyclone temple...My Friend Lonely....ridiculous shredding..

TNT Knights of the new thunder or somthing like that....Seven Seas....love that song

Overkill WFO......Gasoline Dream..........Bobby is GOD......"I was soaked in gasoline"

Portishead....dummy or the blue one......

Anacrusis..Screams and Whispers.....talk about a band way ahead of their time

Uncle Slam...Say uncle or Die.......ya ya they copied sucidal tendencies..but it still rocks...

Handsome....no no not Hanson...Handsome...was some dudes from quicksand...kinda sounds like a better hoobastank.....great just straight up rock..

NITRO...OFR.........

ok ok and the really wierd one..Dido..her first cd....gosh what a voice