Christian Metal

Also, Stryper's lyrics mainly tell YOU what to do. Theocracy and Christian Rivel's lyrics are more about how faith has changed their lives, which I think is a little more persuasive than the "Accept Christ or die!" approach that Stryper usually takes. And whether or not you are interested in being persuaded, it's just a much more compelling listen to hear how faith has changed the songwriter than to be preached to.

Yeah, Stryper is DEFINITELY the band in this segment of metal. But then again, I don't know a lot of the bands mentioned here, will check them out as soon as possible...

The Brazilian metal scene has a few bands, but the only ok christian metal band I know is Eterna.

Hey Soso:) Good to see you in here:) Eterna is good, I believe I have them as friends on my Myspace..would have been one I listed if I got a chance to go through my band friends on there. Thanks for mentioning them.

so I'm browsing the forum because I'm thinking of trying to catch Pagan's Mind this year, thought I might have a look at what's going on lately.. and came across this thread, interesting....

A lot of good bands acknowledged..nice to even see a Mortal mention in here......great stuff..

Since I'm a bit on the far side of a n00b, I suppose I could go ahead and give my own band a mention as well.. you can hear our 3 song demo through the MySpace link in my signature (Skyliner). Being as I am what would be considered Christian, and I write about personal and related things, I suppose one may almost be able to fit us into this group..although honestly I'd rather not - Christian metal isn't a genre... :loco:

The lyrics links work for the songs, since I've seen a few people here note that they like going through lyrics...in that case I hope mine provide something resembling substance. :)

We have a good review on the Archives thus far:
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=200570 and we're working on the art for the demo right now with Rainer, who has done some Shadow Gallery stuff, and it will be very very nice. :)

I am not the type of person to drone around impersonally spamming my music, I get turned off when the billions of other bands do it and thus I try to follow suit. So please understand this post has a use and is not me talking at you guys either. :p

I would post my second reason for browsing the PP forum.... but it's a little dumb/embarrassing. :) So just enjoy the music..

How about Impelliteri with Rob Rock, or Warrior or Joshua or Jerusalem just to throw out a couple of bands. There were a great many excellent Christian Metal bands that I enjoyed and still enjoy. And as far as the Christian / Atheist battle goes, just remember there are NO atheists in a foxhole. Don't judge, just think about it. I'm a Christian, but I don't try to force my beliefs on anyone. God gave each of us freewill to choose whether we would believe or not. Let's not ruin the sanctity of music by quarreling over whether God exists or not. Let's just choose to honor each others right to choose what they believe and enjoy the music.

For those interested - Stryper will be in Los Angeles November 14th....I can't wait for this show!!

Michael Sweet's voice live is insanely good :worship:

Somebody mentioned the ReinXeed band. Checked them out GREAT stuff!
The singer for ReinXeed is amazing! I've been playing their CD in my car for over a month now.

I have a Christian metal internet radio station called The Cross Stream. I play 90% of the bands listed in this thread. Check it out. Also, on The Cross Stream website I have posted pictures of Christian metalfests I've attended in Europe. Check those out as well.

so I'm browsing the forum because I'm thinking of trying to catch Pagan's Mind this year, thought I might have a look at what's going on lately.. and came across this thread, interesting....

A lot of good bands acknowledged..nice to even see a Mortal mention in here......great stuff..

Since I'm a bit on the far side of a n00b, I suppose I could go ahead and give my own band a mention as well.. you can hear our 3 song demo through the MySpace link in my signature (Skyliner). Being as I am what would be considered Christian, and I write about personal and related things, I suppose one may almost be able to fit us into this group..although honestly I'd rather not - Christian metal isn't a genre... :loco:

The lyrics links work for the songs, since I've seen a few people here note that they like going through lyrics...in that case I hope mine provide something resembling substance. :)

We have a good review on the Archives thus far:
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=200570 and we're working on the art for the demo right now with Rainer, who has done some Shadow Gallery stuff, and it will be very very nice. :)

I am not the type of person to drone around impersonally spamming my music, I get turned off when the billions of other bands do it and thus I try to follow suit. So please understand this post has a use and is not me talking at you guys either. :p

I would post my second reason for browsing the PP forum.... but it's a little dumb/embarrassing. :) So just enjoy the music..
Nice to see ya here, OCI! Hope to see ya at PPUSA X!

The singer for ReinXeed is amazing! I've been playing their CD in my car for over a month now.

I have a Christian metal internet radio station called The Cross Stream. I play 90% of the bands listed in this thread. Check it out. Also, on The Cross Stream website I have posted pictures of Christian metalfests I've attended in Europe. Check those out as well.
This is a band I need to hear more of.

If anyone is in the area of Mount Airy, NC tomorrow night (Thursday, June 4th)...haha....fat chance of that....there will be a sort of Christian mini-Progpower happening at Firehouse Ministries.

Over Legend - www.myspace.com/overlegend (instrumental prog metal from Berklee students)

Bloodline Severed - www.myspace.com/bloodlineseveredbls (very technical prog/hardcore metal)

A Thousand Shields - www.myspace.com/athousandshields (prog metal...also the band in which I play bass)

At least check out the sites of these guys. Over Legend is amazing and is looking for a singer, so if anyone knows someone in the Boston area that would fit in, let them know!

Darren

Alright, I am going to go way back since I have over 1000 Christian Metal albums, here are some old school bands (can't believe some of these haven't been mentioned)

Eternal Ryte
Holy Danger (prior to becoming Tourniquet)
Holy Right
Stryken
Emerald
Malachi
Tunnel Rats
Messiah Prophet
AD
Apostle
Armada
Armageddon (aka Second Chance)
Arsenal
Atomic Opera
Breakfast With Amy
Phil Accardi's Chalice
The Choir
Chosen Stranger
Watchmen
Creed (from Germany)
The Crucified
Daniel Band
D O X
Die Happy
Giant
Idle Cure
Jet Circus
Lex Rex (I Kill Devils)
Scarlet Red
Rosanna's Raiders
Arsenal
Ransom
Fighter
Pursuit
Mad At The World
Magdallan
Mercy Rule
Whiteheart
Precious Death
Rage Of Angels
Ruscha
Sacrament
Scarlet Rayne
Jeff Scheetz
Seraiah
77's
Undercover
Xalt
X-Sinner
Stavesacre
XL & DBD

I think I've noticed that the majority of the Christian bands are of the 80s-style power/traditional metal genre. Not that that's really a bad thing all the time, but I need more variety....doom, death/doom, black, death, GRINDCORE...

Doom - Last Chapter, Veni Domine, Place Of Skulls, Faith, My Darkest Time, Sorrows Path, War Blade

Death Doom - Seventh Angel, Paramaecium, Ashen Mortality, Ekklesiast, Implacable, Through The Valley

Black - Antestor, Royal Anguish, Horde, early Extol, Admonish, Crimson Moonlight

Death - Incubus (Brazil), Crimson Thorn, Sympathy, Alethien, Impending Doom, Renascent

Grindcore - Vomitous Discharge, Engravor, Vomitorial Corpulence, Demonic Dismemberment, Flactorophia, Eternal Mystery