Corset night tradition?

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

Agreed about the lifestyle change. It will be very hard to say goodbye to my chocolate milk and morning bagel, but I guess it's not as healthy as I thought it was. Figured the milk was good for me and figured the bagel was borderline ok, but time to learn to like Grape Nuts (ha ha).

Don't know if this would help, but THomas makes mini bagels which are great... I can load them up with cream cheese and still eat far less than I would on a regular bagel. Plus, the toastiness is better since the heat gets all the way into them. ;)

But congrats on making some changes... Su is right, it is difficult but worth it.

I'll be happily corsetting this year...think I'll carry a soft tape measure too, because I'm going somewhere between 20" and 22" this year and I'll probably be asked to prove it. :D

Wow, good for you! In my wildest dreams I don't think I would ever be able to achieve that -then again, when you are like me 4'11" tall - you don't have a waist no matter how much weight you lose (ha ha).

I can load them up with cream cheese and still eat far less than I would on a regular bagel. Plus, the toastiness is better since the heat gets all the way into them. ;)

But congrats on making some changes... Su is right, it is difficult but worth it.

Thank you. I was doing so well, and then earlier this week things sorta went to pot, but back on the wagon! I will keep that in mind about the baby bagels.

Thank you. I was doing so well, and then earlier this week things sorta went to pot, but back on the wagon! I will keep that in mind about the baby bagels.

seriously - one bad week won't ruin you unless you let it

i have had bad weeks...and still managed to get to my halfway goal AND lose a pants size...w00t!

so...it's doable! work it, girl!

and remember -- when you lose all that weight and need a new corset for PPPUSA -X, you come see me and i will get you hooked up with Mistress Meana!!

and remember -- when you lose all that weight and need a new corset for PPPUSA -X, you come see me and i will get you hooked up with Mistress Meana!!

I will definitely give you a shout! Hopefully I won't lose my rack (big roaring laugh). I'm hoping if I take the weight off slowly I'll still keep my lady lumps (giggle).

Otherwise I'll be phoning Dr. 90210 in one hell of a hurry!

One of the things my trainer has taught me (and by the way, I'm down 10 pounds total and have dropped over 14 pounds of fat since june!) is that once a week, you need to have a cheat day wherein you just eat anything you want. However, the rest of the week you do need to be good. I'm currently on Chris Powell's "Stax" and it's amazing what that + exercise has done for me so far.

Hey Babs - I'm working on getting refocused after packing on 6 pounds during my 3-week vacation. I wouldn't say I "fell" off the wagon -- it was more of a running cannonball, really. :lol:

Dealing with setbacks is part of the whole process, so hang in there!

I wouldn't say I "fell" off the wagon -- it was more of a running cannonball, really. :lol:

Best quote this month. lmao

Best of luck to you (both)--you can dooo eeeet! ;) I myself have maintained a steady weight for a several weeks now despite slacking off a lot, but I can tell I've been losing muscle (and that belly just keeps poking out more and more :p), so I gotta get back with the program, too.

Hey Babs - I'm working on getting refocused after packing on 6 pounds during my 3-week vacation. I wouldn't say I "fell" off the wagon -- it was more of a running cannonball, really. :lol:

Dealing with setbacks is part of the whole process, so hang in there!
Well, I fell down the stairs, literally, and put on almost 5 pounds since April. :erk: Now that I'm back on my feet, I've started working out with a personal trainer, not just for weight, but balance and mobility. Between him and my physical therapist I hope to be in fighting shape by ProgPower and maybe even in a corset. :p

I have a killer diet that worked wonders for me.

It's called the "Maid of Honor in sisters Wedding" diet. It entails a strick regimine of at least 2 weeks of sleeping no more than 3 hours a night, running all over St. Paul and Minneapolis on about one meal a day. It also includes fighting with your mother about painting in your eyebrows for pictures and getting waxed in places no one should ever have wax that hot.

Worked wonders for me. My dress was almost falling off me at the wedding... one week after custom alterations.

-Metal

Heh, I always thought that was the whole point of taking the photo right by the front door, between the bar areas, where the largest number of people gathers between sets...

Don't get me wrong! If you think I'm suggesting that y'all enjoy the attention... well... I am. :)

I heart booB. ;)

Best of luck to you (both)--you can dooo eeeet! ;) I myself have maintained a steady weight for a several weeks now despite slacking off a lot, but I can tell I've been losing muscle (and that belly just keeps poking out more and more :p), so I gotta get back with the program, too.

Yes, best of luck to all of us who are looking to get into fighting form before ProgPower! I hear ya about losing muscle. I love the benefits of weight training when I actually stick with it...but since it's pretty much my least favorite form of exercise, my motivation is often lacking. :erk:

Now that I'm back on my feet, I've started working out with a personal trainer, not just for weight, but balance and mobility.

Best wishes for a quick recovery! A few sessions with a personal trainer would probably help my motivation issues. It's sort of sad how I often break commitments to *myself* when it comes to exercise...but I wouldn't dream of blowing off a commitment to someone else. Go figure.

It also includes fighting with your mother about painting in your eyebrows for pictures and getting waxed in places no one should ever have wax that hot.
-Metal

Oooooooh, I can relate. My mom is the world's nicest, most considerate person, but she turned into mother-of-the-bride-zilla for about 3 months prior to my sister's wedding. The whole thing culminated with her throwing me out of her house after an argument over what shoes I was going to wear. I guess I should count my blessings that we didn't have the waxing discussion! :ill::lol:

Oh, and I kicked the shoes off about 30 minutes into the wedding reception and replaced them with a pair of flip-flops. (The wedding was in Hawaii, after all). My mom is STILL pissed off. :lol:

Best wishes for a quick recovery! A few sessions with a personal trainer would probably help my motivation issues. It's sort of sad how I often break commitments to *myself* when it comes to exercise...but I wouldn't dream of blowing off a commitment to someone else. Go figure.

I know a fantastic trainer in Phoenix if you're interested.