Gigantour Second Stage Bands

how can stage 1 be five bands when DEP doesn't start till August? Albuquerque's date in a few days before they start.

I am mainly interested in seeing Dream theater, Symphony X, Nevermore, and LOA. I used to dig DEP although there are too many copycats out there doing the math metal thus unfortunately taking away the interest I had in them.

Fear Factory was very good when they were strictly death metal on the first cd but too generic since.

I'm begining to wonder if the band he had fell through, or something. A lot of people, on the gigantour boards, seemed to think it was 3 Inches of Blood, in which case, I hope the deal did fall through... :D

I love 3 inches of blood it will be a privelge to all those that attend to see them. I like them alot because they have fun with their style of metal and it doesnt have to be so serious. I mean Kill the Orcs and Axes of Evil are ridiculous, but I still love those songs.

I'm not too impressed with Dave Mustaine As Promoter.

Compare his approach with Glenn's: whereas Glenn does drop a lot of hints about bands at ProgPower, he never lets an actual band-name slip out before time.

Meanwhile, Dave mentions several bands who are under consideration, including Pain of Salvation, Overkill, Symphony X, etc. Some are booked, some aren't, and some linger in limbo for awhile while their fans wonder, and rumours swirl. Pretty fuckin' unprofessional, when you look at it.

So, does anyone know how exactly this two-stage stuff is going to work at venues like the PNC Center in NJ, where there's only one stage in the place? Also, you'll have to forgive my ignorance here, but I've never been to a festival that promises multiple stages...will there be two bands playing at the same time? Or will one band play while the other sets up? That would suck if I had to miss one band I liked because another was playing at the same time, you know?

Thought this would interest some. I know that I will not be seeing this tour, now that SX will not be playing in Boston.

stolen from http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TEoF/

"~Number one: Toronto will be the last date of the Gigantour that
SymX will be playing; they will not appear at the Seattle date, or
any others that may be scheduled after September 3.

~Number two: We've just been informed that there will not be any
second stage bands appearing at the San Diego or Boston dates, due
to space and/or curfew issues. Therefore, Symphony X won't be
appearing at those dates either."

Well.......an announcement on the Symphony X board says Symphony X won't be playing in Seattle.

Also, they say that there will be no second stage at all in San Diego or Boston because there are venue issues.

So......not only does Dave Mustaine get a bunch of shitty bands, he can't even work it out so that the second stage can actually play. Go back to making mediocre thrash-rehash, Mustaine.

I'll just amend and say it seems like a huge disservice to the fans to sell the tickets and have some people thinking the second stage will be there. I don't know what kind of "official" Mustaine announcement was made about this, but I've never seen one, and I couldn't find anything about it looking at the ticket purchasing stuff.

I know that the Atlanta show will NOT have a second stage either; it's an indoor arena show. No idea about the band-roster...but I'd be a bit miffed if the tour is being advertised improperly. Glenn, any word on which bands are playing here, hopefully all of 'em?

Sheeesh, what's next? DT offering special up-priced limited-edition-seating tickets and not delivering on the promis-- oh, wait. :rolleyes:

Well.....I'm certainly glad I haven't bought tickets yet (still not sure about going and date conflicts and stuff). I wonder if Dave Mustaine would tell people if the tour was going to be cancelled. :confused:

Barking Pumpkin said:
Wait wait wait.....

What happened to $35 for tickets Dave? Huh?

There are tickets for both the Jones Beach and Jersey shows for as low as $20. What's your problem? Why are you going to retarded lengths to find things wrong with this tour? Does it really give you that much enjoyment to piss us off with your bullshit whining?

Dude, leave the kid alone... A forum is made for people to express their opinions... If you're that much annoyed by it, simply don't come to the thread... If he doesn't like it, that's his problem!

I'm assuming the $20 bucks tickets were for lawn in the Jersey case... From that far away, you would only be able to see the show with some good binoculars... It's not even worth it... Dave did anounce that the ticekts would cost $35 bucks though...

I've sat on the lawn at PNC before, it's not that far. Plus, there are several huge screens for the benefit of those sitting on the lawn. This is a large arena tour, do you seriously think it's not worth going at all if you aren't sitting close enough to see the whites of their eyes?